Couponing Becoming Very Difficult

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 12:41 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mnwalker02 has posted more than 25 good deals
Couponing becoming very difficult

Has anyone else's Walmart been giving them a hard time about couponing lately? My Walmart has always been really coupon friendly but the last two trips I have gone and had my coupons scrutinized and I have been lectured by the same csm on how they believe overage is not right. Today I was trying to get my hubby 4 packs of nicorette gum using coupons from redplum.com the cashier was really nice it was the csm that had the problem. She first asked me if I made copies of the coupons I told her no that the numbers in the corner of the coupon were different so she could see that i did not make copies. Then she went into a back room for a while when she came back she told me that the coupons say one per purchase, so I was only allowed to use one coupon. I said okay I did not want to argue she said that I could buy the other three packs in separate transactions. My cashier rang up my other items and one box of nicorette gum. Then the assistant store manager came over and asked if she could make a copy of my coupons, I said sure I had nothing to hide. Then when she came back she told me that I could not use my coupons on the other three boxes of nicorette because my coupons were not scanning however she would allow the cashier to manually enter the first nicorette coupon as a courtesy. I understand that there are a lot of people out there that are misusing the coupons but I am not one of them. If this is how Walmart is going start acting with people who do not break the coupon rules then I will just drive the extra 20 minutes to the commissary at least they appreciate me using my coupons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mnwalker02 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 PM

RE: Couponing becoming very difficult

why do people pay those crazy eBay prices?

My Mood/Status:
ashdav2010 has posted more than 200 great deals!ashdav2010 has posted more than 200 great deals!ashdav2010 has posted more than 200 great deals!
No problems still with my Wally. Who cares if the CSM doesn't agree with overage -- I wouldn't agree with Walmart adjusting my coupons down and then collecting the entire amount plus a handling fee, and I'd definitely point that out if it was repeated again. Walmart's policy is to give overage, so they can go along with it or find another job IP coupons sometimes they don't want to accept, but if it is a mfg coupon out of the inserts, they should manually enter them if they don't scan, or use the hand/register scanner since sometimes the coupons go goofy. Keep doing what you are doing and know that you are doing it right It will always be the greedy people who fraudulently use coupons that will ruin it and tighten the belt for the rest of us.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM

Who's Your Mama?
Who's your Mama??

My Mood/Status:
MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!MoneySavinMama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mine has begun to scrutinize high value Qs and printables...but rarely do they give me grief.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
AJsGirl has posted more than 100 good deals!AJsGirl has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have stopped shopping at my Walmart because they are terrible. They refuse valid coupons all the time and argue with me. They have even accused me of fraud!

My last trip, I bought 4 like items, and the first 3 coupons scanned just fine, but the last one beeped. They refused to take it. Even the store manager refused to take it, even after I pointed out that they accepted the first 3. And they were newspaper coupons, not IPs!

I don't care if it's free, or even a MM, I'm not shopping at Walmart again. I'm done.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:55 PM

watching tv
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Mine is starting to look at coupons especially the ones that do not want to scan that is when they look at them more like they are not real even though they are.

I do not know we will see .
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 PM

is stockpiling Rubbermaid bins for her stockpile!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I feel for ya! My Target used to be that way, and I stopped shopping there for two full years. Believe me, they lost a lot of money on me (large family). Now they've improved so I've gone back, but I won't hesitate to take my dollars elsewhere if a store becomes too much of a pain.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That's terrible. My Walmart has always been great. I have shopped there with coupons till the regular cashiers have gotten to know me. Lots of times they ask for advice. but I would def take my business elsewhere if I were treated badly.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 AM

mnwalker02 has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, I think I am going to start shopping at the commissary. I am hoping that a lot of these people who are misusing these coupons will lose interest and things will not be so difficult anymore but I guess we will have to wait and see. Thank you again