Printing Disabled From SmartSource.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Printing disabled from SmartSource.com

I rarely print coupons from home because I have an air card with sketchy (at best) reception. Most of my coupons that I print are printed from work computers. However, I just jumped online to print 2 coupons which took me 20 minutes to get to the point to where I was ready to print. I get an error which told me printing from this computer was disabled. It gave me a code to mention in an email to the webmaster.

I googled the code and found that it implies coupons that were printed from my computer have been copied! I have NEVER copied a coupon nor would I ever. I emailed the webmaster, but, I am furious about this. I've traded twice on AFC with printed coupons. However, I was very selective in the people I sent these coupons to. I like to think they didn't do this.

How else could this have happened? Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Frustrated............
Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 AM

RE: Printing disabled from SmartSource.com

learning more about AFC every day.

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm guessing this implies there's a way to specially trace by the print numbers the IP address that specific Qs came from. And - your IP address is now being blocked by SS.

I've never had this happen (though, I have received clearly copied Qs in the past, so it is something I fear) but - it is more than likely your AFC trading buddies are innocent. Someone at the store the coupons were redeemed at could have done the copying, or anyone along the way between them being used at the store and them being "redeemed" at the coupon redemption warehouse/MF. Anyone who handled the coupon could have copied it.

Also - you said you have an air card, I'm guessing that means you use wireless? Is your wireless secured? Have you ever noticed going onto SS and it says you've already printed something you haven't? I'm just wondering about the other possibility being someone "siphoning" Wifi, printing a Q, copying it, and it tracing back to your IP.

Sorry I can't provide a solid answer, but - I thought I'd express the idea that your trading with AFC very likely has absolutely nothing to do with this, and it is just a coincidence.

Perhaps you might ask on the Florida specific AFC forum if anyone else in your specific area has encountered this problem?

I'm uncertain how much SS might take that information into consideration, but - if there is a pattern about people being accused of IP copying that all shop at a specific store, that might give credence to the theory it's an employee, and that they should investigate that possibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I never thought about someone using my wireless. That's a good point! I'm sure it wasn't someone on AFC. I hope no one ever copies ones I print from work! I'd be in trouble then since that's where I print the majority of my printable coupons.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have no suggestions but please keep us updated. This is crazy, I hope you get it worked out!

Positive Thoughts

Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Is Helping AFC Members
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
SuperSavingCouponSon has posted more than 50 good deals
Yes, I wouldn't recomend any trading of printable coupons from any website. I would only trade the ones from the paper. Each coupon has the IP address of the computer you got it from. When someone copies it they are using your IP address. What happens is they use them at the store and smartsource tells the manufacturer how much money worth of coupons were printed. The store then mails the coupons in and they notice they all have the same IP address so the manufacturer tells Smart Source who then banns the IP adress from printing any more coupons. The manufacturer then has to pay the store for the counterfeit ones too! They then get ripped off. This is why some mfctr's are no longer putting coupons out there or they are smaller value. It hurts us all. This is why people shouldn't leave printable coupons out on the shelfs of the grocery store because some guy could pick it up and copy it.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's actually not based on IP alone.

The java applet you run generates a unique ID based on your specific computer. I believe it uses multiple things to generate it such as your MAC address, hard drive serial number, etc. This is how they track how many you've printed and why you can print more on other computers using the same WAN IP.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well if thats the case they would be making arrests daily/hourly-- dont ya think..?.. LOL
Old 12-31-2011, 06:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
Well if thats the case they would be making arrests daily/hourly-- dont ya think..?.. LOL
Well, it doesn't really determine any specific person. It's probably cheaper to block the copiers than it is to sue them.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I was printing some q's today and thought about this issue of "people copying IP q's that have been sent to them from someone else"... what if you printed your IP's on colored paper? Wouldn't that make it more difficult to copy them? I just happen to have light purple colored printer paper (I used some for baby shower games last summer and it was super cheap with a Staples rebate) so I use it to print Target and IP q's all the time. I have never had a problem using them in the store. In fact, I don't recall a cashier even commenting on it. LOL! Anyway, do you think that printing on colored paper would deter someone from making a copy and, therefore, keeping you safe from getting blocked?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by celloraisen View Post
I was printing some q's today and thought about this issue of "people copying IP q's that have been sent to them from someone else"... what if you printed your IP's on colored paper? Wouldn't that make it more difficult to copy them? I just happen to have light purple colored printer paper (I used some for baby shower games last summer and it was super cheap with a Staples rebate) so I use it to print Target and IP q's all the time. I have never had a problem using them in the store. In fact, I don't recall a cashier even commenting on it. LOL! Anyway, do you think that printing on colored paper would deter someone from making a copy and, therefore, keeping you safe from getting blocked?
I doubt it. People who are going to copy IP's don't care what color paper the original is on because they know that it will copy just fine on white or whatever color paper they happen to have.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
I haven't heard back from the webmaster yet. I am just thankful this wasn't from my work computers. I have 6-8 pcs here I can print coupons from, so, I'm still able to get my IP's.

Hopefully AT&T will have 100% availibilty for U-Verse and I will be able to get high speed internet. I live about 700 feet from the road and our cable company will only go 250 from a hub. My neighbor has cable, but I can't get it. GRRRRRRR....
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 AM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneisetorres View Post
I doubt it. People who are going to copy IP's don't care what color paper the original is on because they know that it will copy just fine on white or whatever color paper they happen to have.
If you print on a darker colored paper, it is much more difficult to copy. Of course, a cashier might also refuse to take it though they would be wrong.

Positive Thoughts

Old 01-04-2012, 02:14 AM

rowit has posted more than 50 good deals
Make sure you destroy any coupons that expire rather then just tossing in the recycle bin. Don't trade them or donate expired ones to military
Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Wow, I wish I had read this post 24 hour ago. I just sent off my first train envie and I passed along some IP Qs. I didn't even think of someone copying them! I guess I will keep my fingers crossed.