Smart Source Disabled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Smart Source Disabled

Today I went to get on an old computer to print off some angel soft coupons from smart source. I had already printed off my computer that I use every day. When I went to print it gave me a message saying that smart source was disable for my computer and provided an e-mail address to contact. I did so, but then started doing some research. Although I have not yet received an e-mail in return, others have heard back that their coupons were copied and multiples were used and that is why the account was disabled. Apparetly right in the message it says that it might have been the store that copied the coupon.

I am furious because I very rarely use that computer to print coupons, like less than once a month. I have NEVER copied coupons and know that it is fraudulant to do so. The last couple of times that I have printed from that computer were to trade. I do not know that the person that I traded with copied my coupons or if it was the store, or what exactly is going on, but it makes me look bad when I did not do anything wrong!

Lesson learned, I will no longer trade IPs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctacktor For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 12:52 PM

RE: Smart Source Disabled

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I worry about this. When I was a newbie I included IPs in a bunch of trades, not even thinking about them being copied. I know it can take months to catch up with you, I'm still hoping that everyone I traded with was honest and that this won't be an issue. But I do worry!

I'm really sorry this happened to you, it goes to show that it does happen. Hopefully they can tell how infrequently you print coupons and perhaps take that into consideration when making a decision. It would be great if they could tell you which one it was.

But I feel for you, that's maddening, especially knowing it wasn't you!
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I was seriously shocked when I saw the message pop up. Well, more shocked when I started googling the message.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm sorry you got the dreaded message. You don't realize you are helping others by sharing your experience, especially with newbies, who often offer IP RAOKs without realizing possible consequences not knowing the person they sent the IPs too. Unknown to many the IP addy of the person printing the original is embedded in those coupons so that when they are copied multiple times, they may scan @ the store but later on come back unpaid because ONLY the original print is paid. Those who are also getting IPs from unknown sources like ebay may be dealing with copies/fake IPs so when they shop @ stores where they are known, it may destroy their relationship with the store and they may be accused of scamming without their knowing why.

Unfortunately, some of those who make copies can get away with it especially when they use them @ stores that are far from them and don't know them BUT for the one who printed it, their IP addy is known by NewsAmerica and Valassis and that is how they get traced and subsequently their printing privileges are suspended.

May it be lesson for us to be very careful about trading, sending IPs to people we don't know. Thanks OP for sharing your story.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
It sounds like you traded with someone and they copied them.

I don't trade IPs with anyone unless we've done past trades.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Grounded for Life

krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I am sorry that happened.
Don't trade IPs unless you have done trades with them before.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Gritball Champion

My Mood/Status:
barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
yep I don't trade IP's anymore either, all the stuff about the copying and seeing people make posts saying they have hundreds of the same IP and not to question how or where they got them made me nervous so I don't trade those. Bummer that you had this happen hope you can get it worked out.
Wife to 1 great hubby, mom to 3 teens, step-mom to 2 grown kids, and nanna to 2 of the cutest babies ever, 6 mini goats, 30 chickens, 14 chicks, 4 dogs, 2 geese, 1 gosling, 2 ducks, 4 ducklings, 3 cats, & 1 crazy horse!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barbnron For This Useful Post: