This Is Getting To Be Ridiculous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is getting to be ridiculous.

Ok, so as I posted before I had some issues redeeming MF Catalina coupons last week. I contacted corporate via email and received a call from an assistant mgr on Sunday stating that after some research they discovered that I could use MF Catalinas at Walmart and overage was to be given if the coupon amount was for more than the product price. I asked if all cashiers and CSMs had been instructed about this issue. She assured me they had or would be. The AM asked if I could come in and get a gift card for my trouble. Today was the next day that she worked so I agreed to come in today. They were out of the item that I was originally trying to purchase with the coupons so I asked about special ordering. I want 70 of the item, she isnt sure if she can order that many. Will investigate and get back to me.

So I do my shopping, matching up a couple of other MF Catalinas that would provide overage. Add a couple of other items to my cart and go to check out. I looked for the cashier that denied me last week (wanting to see if, at least she was instructed the correct interpretation of the policy). She wasnt there so I looked for who I would normally go to...any youngish male. Bingo, found one. Had to walk past two older ladies that had no one in their line. He scanned my items, scanned the coupons. My total was -$0.99. At all the Walmarts around here, they need a CSM override to open the register to give cash. (Is it like that everywhere?) So the CSM starts telling the cashier that he entered the coupons incorrectly...that he should have done them as a store coupon...I point out (physically point out) where it says MF coupons on both. CSM flips them over and starts saying they arent MF coupons because there is no address to mail them. (***? Catalinas always have the same crap about Catalina marketing on the back, the remit address is always on the front. Is it different for other areas?) So I ask her to flip them over and point to the address. CSM says 'But look, it says redeem at XXX'. I again point out that they are in fact MF Catalinas with valid remit addresses and they scanned just fine. The only reason you (the CSM) are here is because he needs an override to give the customer back money. I also let her know that I had contacted corporate last week on this very same issue and that it was determined that what I was doing was a valid way to use coupons per their policy. By this point another CSM comes over and backs me up. First CSM sighs heavily and finally does her job. After I am given my money I let her know that the reason I was in Walmart today was that I was resolving the issue with assistant Manager XXX and she had assured me that all CSMs had been properly trained as of last Sunday. She made some snotty comment which escapes me now and I replied that perhaps another call to corporate needs to be made.

I mean really. I was in there picking up a freakin' *we screwed up, we're sorry* gift card and I have the SAME ISSUE?!? On my way out I copied down the District Manager's number and the Store Manager's number. Anyone had any better success contacting a SM or DM rather than corporate? Are phone calls taken more seriously than emails?

I get that maybe all cashiers wouldnt be instructed about this *new* interpretation of their coupon policy but I would expect that, minimally, all CSMs would be. And now that I see what Assistant Manager XXX's word is worth, I seriously doubt I will get a special order. We'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 PM

RE: This is getting to be ridiculous.

J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!
This is just a curiosity question. What would of been the difference...if the Q had been rung up as a store coupon, as opposed to being scanned as a regular MQ? Wouldn't it of been for the same amount either way?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
15 August 2011 - I GOTTA get rid of some coupons - 2 Ounces of Coupons (Approximately 120) PM for details.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to J_S_Searcy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 12:55 PM

procrastinating
Consistently NOT smarter than a fifth grader

My Mood/Status:
tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I doubt a store coupon would yield overage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_S_Searcy View Post
This is just a curiosity question. What would of been the difference...if the Q had been rung up as a store coupon, as opposed to being scanned as a regular MQ? Wouldn't it of been for the same amount either way?
tnmommy is correct. If a "store coupon" is used, it rung in as a price adjustment and there would be no overage.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmommy View Post
I doubt a store coupon would yield overage
Correct and thanks! Would you be willing to come work at my Walmart?!?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Shelle16 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I will not shop at Walmart I have nothing but trouble with them in store and on-line. They are rude and none of them know what their doing!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelle16 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
Got a call from an AM so I stopped in to talk to her today. I showed her a Revlon Catalina coupon and she looked it over trying to figure out if there was anything on there that might have given the CSM reason to doubt if it could be used there. (She didnt find any BTW so she was really puzzled by the CSM.) She apologized for me having an issue again and the treatment I received. She assured me that I should receive outstanding customer service if I am paying by cash, credit or coupons. (It was nice to hear a manager say "that paying by coupons doesnt matter, they get paid either way" since that is what we always say here!) She offered another GC which I declined, I really just want to feel welcome to use coupons in that store. She said that there shouldnt be another issue but if there was to ask for an AM while in the store. I didnt ask about special ordering this time. Still havent heard back about special ordering from the other AM.

Did self check out with no issues. Of course I didnt use any coupons
Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
mandamama has posted more than 50 good deals
Geez. What a hassle. I have to confess though...Sometimes when I'm particularly cranky I go to WalMart to blow off steam by arguing with the cashiers. I get a kick out of educating them about their own Q policies. You have to have a sense of humor to do this kind thing, or it's just a drag. I make it a game where I always win.

The Following User Says Thank You to mandamama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandamama View Post
Geez. What a hassle. I have to confess though...Sometimes when I'm particularly cranky I go to WalMart to blow off steam by arguing with the cashiers. I get a kick out of educating them about their own Q policies. You have to have a sense of humor to do this kind thing, or it's just a drag. I make it a game where I always win.
I have to admit a few days after the first incident I was angry about something else and thought about going back just because I thought I could get a decent fight in.

I rarely actually get too upset by coupon issues. I generally try to go the route of least resistance (hence my liking the younger men cashiers). This last time was way more about the attitude of the CSM, she terrified the poor cashier and I kept thinking about all those bullied on here, especially the more timid people. I am lucky in that I can view couponing as a hobby not a necessity (although we never know what the future will bring) and I almost feel a responsibility to stand up for myself when I know the cashier, manager, etc. is incorrect. Of course I do it as politely as possible because my goal is to make couponing easier, not harder.

Last edited by monkeydawn; 08-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.