Problems With Meijer Casheirs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

coupongirll has posted more than 100 good deals!coupongirll has posted more than 100 good deals!
Angry Problems with Meijer casheirs

Anyone else got a less than friendly Meijer cashier or one who seemed lost with the coupons?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 10:54 AM

RE: Problems with Meijer casheirs

My Mood/Status:
jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
There are two at my store that I avoid but most of the others are fine and there are several I really like. The two I avoid are older women who have a bad attitude about coupons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me,
YDD
DS and
ODD,
, sadly missing my beloved kitty.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:56 AM

End Uscan Now! ;)
Your coupon-friendly Meijer cashier!

My Mood/Status:
tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
What?! Never!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tweedamay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We have one. I guess every store has at least one. She isn't mean or rude or anything, she just gets flustered. We try not to go through her lane, but more for her sake than for ours. I made the mistake once of taking a couple $0.00 orders through her lane. She honestly did not know what to do.

But most Meijer cashiers are gold!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM

vintagesierra has posted more than 150 good deals!vintagesierra has posted more than 150 good deals!
I usually try to use self checkout if I have a couple coupons or the cashier running the self checkout is a man. If I have more than a couple or if I have some free coupons I will go to a regular checkout.

I have had a couple problems at the self checkout when they try to tell me the coupon won't go through and there's nothing they can do about it and I know that's not the truth. I use all coupons correctly and when they try to tell me they know better than I do it really frustrates me. I stand my ground and get them to work though.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Seriously, all the male cashiers I've ever had the pleasure of checking my order out were always great. They actually ALL said "Wow, you saved a lot of money, that's great!" or similar.

Seriously, I hate other women sometimes they can be so catty. And bad drivers! haha. I also couldn't work with them when I worked in the dining car onboard the trains. They'd always try to "take over" and order me around. Men are just so easy going. Now I feel like I've betrayed my own kind

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
momof2and3 has posted more than 1 good deal
i used to never go to meijer because the cashiers never seemed to know what they were doing, but since i've started serious couponing i go there when the deals are great.....i just take a deep breath and try to find the young guys, because even if there seems to be a problem they just take it in stride and we figure out the problem without the attitude some of the older folks have
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have been getting an awful lot of them but of course my odds increase as my shopping habits increase
It seems like everyone I have had is either too gabby (telling me their personal life) tired, crabby, not friendly in the slightest, complaining about their job or they tell me three times that they get out in one hour and they can't wait. Seems like noone has good people skills anymore. When I worked there I thought it was my job to be friendly, not too talkative and to be very attentive to each shopper...some younger kids just don't take their jobs seriously anymore
There are still those rare gems out there though and whenever I get one I am sure to leave a comment card in the box!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM

running out of room to stash all the free Chex Mix

My Mood/Status:
cag1371 has posted more than 200 great deals!cag1371 has posted more than 200 great deals!cag1371 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have the best cashier at UScan. I know her work schedule, so I only go shopping during those times. At my Meijer I've had more problems with managers and Customer Service than I have with cashiers.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM

feeling so blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!
Best cashiers are at Uscan for me, they want you in and out. I don't have any issues with them. Though sometimes it can be irriating when everyone has their light flashing for help at the sametime and there is only one cashier for 8 registers, but I don't get mad about it. I always enjoy shopping at my Mejier!
and mommy to DD
Old 05-30-2011, 08:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I try to use the live checkouts as often as possible, but it does seem that the best cashiers get put on the self checks. There is one cashier that I really like (caught her couponing late at night), but she is always on the self checks now.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cag1371 View Post
I have the best cashier at UScan. I know her work schedule, so I only go shopping during those times. At my Meijer I've had more problems with managers and Customer Service than I have with cashiers.
That's a great idea! I'm going to ask my fave people when they work usually, would be nice to always get a nice person. There was this one lady that was the sweetest EVER, she was so careful with my coupons and smiled the whole time while not acting nervous or rushed when another person was there loading the lane up with their stuff after mine...wish I could find her again!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
cbandlow has posted more than 10 good deals
i too ask when my fav cashier works. He is amazing and loves talking to my kids as i take all 5 with me when I go.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Deona has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Most of the cashier's here are fine, but there is this one lady that I try to avoid. I've had nothing but trouble with her. :/ She examines each and every coupon thinking they might be fakes. It takes me ages to check out!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
Carmen4121 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Guess I'm lucky too. I have atleast 3 cashiers that are super nice and I'm usually lucky enough to have one of them working when I stop in. You jusst have to find the good ones and make sure you hit thier lanes!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM

End Uscan Now! ;)

My Mood/Status:
tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tweedamay has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
They don't send the "best" cashiers to Uscan. They use the cashiers who can handle the pace of Uscan and get the customers taken care of quickly. So when you go thru a Uscan, the cashier will push thru your Qs just to keep things moving. If the Uscan lanes aren't real busy you're more likely to have your Qs scrutinized a little closer. I have to be honest about something, if you go thru Uscan with a large order with tons of Qs when all the lanes are busy, don't. It's cruel and unusual punishment for the Uscan cashier. Trust me.
The Following User Says Thank You to tweedamay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i have one cashier at meijer i just love. she told me 2 weeks ago that she is moving out of town on july 23. i have been very depressed ever since.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
froggymama3 has posted more than 150 good deals!froggymama3 has posted more than 150 good deals!
We have "one" she calls the manager over for what seems like ever single coupon. I then have to pull it out of the bottom of the bag on the bottom of the cart to wave it in the air saying see I bought it! But other then her everyone else is great! I had one girl who actually told me that it was fun to ring up my coupons and see the low total. LOL

Old 06-02-2011, 02:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
ClareJ has posted more than 100 good deals!ClareJ has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thumbs down

OMG!! I just had the absolute worst experience with a cashier!! I've had her before and I try to avoid her but she had no line, like at all, now i know why!! She was so grabby with my coupons while I was still trying to get them in order. I had 2 transactions, on the first she failed to scan at least 4 coupons that I can find on my receipt... it only adds up to $4.60 in coupon loss, but then she double scanned one item and didnt scan another, so I overpaid by $1.50. That's $6.00... its only 6 bucks, but still its 6 bucks!!

then on my 2nd trans, it was VERY small, I had 4 identical coupons and 2 identical coupons, she scanned 3 of the first and only 1 of the second, when it was $1.40 off of my estimate I called her out, she was like 'oh, heehee, they were the same size i didnt know there was more there'!!!! So then I'm thinking, I hope you didnt do that on the first trans... but she did so now I'm stuck overpaying $6. That's like 6 lunchables that I otherwise wouldnt have bought!

So if your in Troy, Ohio, stay away from LUZ

I did see my favorite cashier while I was there, but she was shopping too
Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM

End Uscan Now! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Please tell me you attempted to get your $$ at customer service?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM

trying to figure it out lol

My Mood/Status:
amberc922 has posted more than 10 good deals
I shop at Meijer most of the time because they have the Meijer perks and double low coupons. I can somewhat relate to everyone's posts . I was a cashier for years (not at Meijer or Walmart) and I knew my job and how to do anything I was suppose to to make sure my customers where happy when they left. Imagine being a cashier in Lowes or Mendards...every man that comes to your register second guess you on everything and if something doesn't scan and you have to you manager or someone in the department they act like you don't know what the item is cause your a woman so yo can't know what you are doing. Sooooo annoying!! I know what some of you mean by having some of the dumbest cashiers. It is like a item you have to have on your application "are you dumb?" . We have two Walmarts and man let me tell you. The one I hate going to sometimes cause I can go through the check myself out line and have 50 things and check out before some dumb cashier could ring me up . My last trip to Meijer the cashier got to the coupons and SLOWLY scanned them. grrrrr...then was counting them and asked well how many of those did you have? and then oh well you have to many coupons here you don't have that many products. grrrrr...I just said ok sorry but ya know it is frustrating because they treat you like you are a theif!!!! I am a guilty feeling person anyways so they make me feel bad when they start questioning me and it gets me all flustered so i can't think quickly off the top of my head so I just apologize and say ok. I shuld probably stand up for myself and tell them they are wrong but none of them have been lucky enough to get me in a really really bad mood yet. LOL cause they might kick me out if that happened casue I would get quite angry with the situation!! I just hope my trips get better :-)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
ClareJ has posted more than 100 good deals!ClareJ has posted more than 100 good deals!
AmberC, I know exactly how it is!! I was a cashier for 6 years at a craft/hobby shop. I knew my job inside and out and I always did a fantastic job (if i do say so myself ) I also received shipments and stocked the store, I was involved in several remodels and was in charge of setting the new POG's. I KNEW that store and everything that they carried. It used to crack me up, customers would ask me if we carried an item, if we didnt I would quickly and kindly advise them of the bad news and possibly where they could find it. 5 minutes later, a coworker and the same customer would walk up to me, "Do we carry this item?" LOL I loved the look on the customer's face, just because I was young and female I couldnt possibly know what the store carried.

Anywhoooo that was a long sidenote, it does take patience and a brain to be a good cashier, and they are told of goals for the day and average ticket goals, employees get bonuses or at least kudos when they meet these goals (even though they have absolutely no impact on the outcome)... So yeah, some cashiers get upset when we have free transactions or have a stack of coupons.

I've also noticed the line of customers behind me will usually take on the attitude of the cashier, so having a friendly cashier is a plus all the way around.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedamay View Post
They don't send the "best" cashiers to Uscan. They use the cashiers who can handle the pace of Uscan and get the customers taken care of quickly. So when you go thru a Uscan, the cashier will push thru your Qs just to keep things moving. If the Uscan lanes aren't real busy you're more likely to have your Qs scrutinized a little closer. I have to be honest about something, if you go thru Uscan with a large order with tons of Qs when all the lanes are busy, don't. It's cruel and unusual punishment for the Uscan cashier. Trust me.
Thats so funny you said that. Here we have this old woman.. Shes like 70 or so and shes the meanest slowest person you have ever met. She is always purposely put there because she stops the dnd coupons and reads every detail of a coupon when it beeps.I had to purposely tell her I have the right to scan my own coupons this is uscan !
Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hyacinth125 has posted more than 100 good deals!Hyacinth125 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarcutie07 View Post
Thats so funny you said that. Here we have this old woman.. Shes like 70 or so and shes the meanest slowest person you have ever met. She is always purposely put there because she stops the dnd coupons and reads every detail of a coupon when it beeps.I had to purposely tell her I have the right to scan my own coupons this is uscan !

I think her twin sister AND son work at my Meijer. Seriously!! I cashier profiled and failed with the BOGO Sauve coupons. The young guy who was "not supposed" to care proceeded to take out all of my $3 values and change them...with a smirk on his face. I finally told him just keep the body wash I'll buy them at Walmart. Darn!

(Oh and I avoid the "old lady" because she's snippy and tells me that she cannot change a coupon value. This is when it scans incorrectly in the stores favor but as soon as the $3 coupon scanned she about jumped out of her wig to adjust it down. Meanie!!)
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
momof2and3 has posted more than 1 good deal
i had to laugh on my way out of meijer on saturday....only had a couple of things so i went thru the uscan line but of course my mealbox q wouldnt scan so the cashier had to come override it, but after she did we had a 10 minute discussion on how to print the coupons at home.....seems the cashier couldnt figure out how to print the coupons at home for her own store.....hopefully i helped her out