Not Surprised Some Employees Hate Couponers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
luv_my_four_boys has posted more than 200 great deals!luv_my_four_boys has posted more than 200 great deals!luv_my_four_boys has posted more than 200 great deals!
read Not surprised some employees hate couponers...

Last week trying to do the Dove/Degree deal found so many stores out of stock...husband and I stopped at a store in a neighboring town after my son's BB game. I went to the back to ck for deodorant, shelves were empty again...my husband was at front of the store and came to me to tell me that a customer was yelling at the employees. When she left I asked what was going on. The young Manager said she was angry because they were out of Dove/Degree. He said "She's one of our couponers" Apparently she came in Sunday and cleared the shelves then was angry because it was Thursday and they had not received another shipment and she still had q's. She accused them of deliberately not having stock only when she came into shop. Threatened to call corporate etc. etc. I felt sorry for the two employees who have to deal with her on a regular basis. This is a small town so only one Rite Aide and one Walgreens. I'm sure those employees hate her too. How much deodorant does one person need??? Same with J&J, I have twins and didn't clear the shelves but saw two customers with two carts full, I'm sure they could bathe their children until they reach the age of 18!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & beautiful babies, Cruz & Cortez
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to luv_my_four_boys For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 AM

RE: Not surprised some employees hate couponers...

Kuponinja!

My Mood/Status:
mirlyn has posted more than 400 great deals!mirlyn has posted more than 400 great deals!mirlyn has posted more than 400 great deals!mirlyn has posted more than 400 great deals!mirlyn has posted more than 400 great deals!
Yep, those people give couponers a bad name for sure. I guess it's too hard to just ask for a raincheck instead of blowing up over not having stock? I'll be the first one to quote coupon policy if a cashier tries to deny my use of a legitimate coupon or to ask for a supervisor so they can educate them but I'm very nice about it and I've never even said anything about a store being out of stock . Pick your battles, some are worth "fighting" but you win more with honey than vinegar.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 AM

Is there such thing as too much toilet paper?
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I go shopping hoping to get what I want - expecting not to. I went into a rite aid sunday and there were no desitins - I politely asked an employee if there were any in the back - she said probably not but she would check anyway. When she came back she apologized and said there was none. I said thank you went to leave and she stopped me saying she would give me 1 larger one in place of two of the 4oz, and compensate for the ups. I ended up with 4 of the larger ones free - she didn't even want to take my coupons. What would I have gotten if I had thrown a fit? NOTHING. Why are people so childish?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RoxykinsIII For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I shop so much i know all the managers and regular checkers.
they do deliberately pull merchandise at times.
and some stores get limit notices while others dont.
they discriminate against the small town stores. they dont sell like the city stores so they sometimes dont even get the sale items in.
tp a few weeks ago 2 days no limit day 3 HQ called told them to not restock the shelf and limit to 2 per person.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Some people who are buying cart fulls aren't buying it for their own use....a lot of people re-sell it at flea markets and yard sales. Its people like that who are going to ruin it for us who just want to stock up for our own families.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rachelhale For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 03:22 PM

texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelhale View Post
Some people who are buying cart fulls aren't buying it for their own use....a lot of people re-sell it at flea markets and yard sales. Its people like that who are going to ruin it for us who just want to stock up for our own families.
If people could find jobs they wouldn't have to resell at flea markets and yard sales. This economy is not getting better and a lot of people I talk to have given up hoping it ever will get better. Hard times. While I know the frustration of empty shelves, I also believe people should do what they have to do to take care of themselves (as long as it is not illegal).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to texasdee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Don't hate what you can't imitate.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missteena has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdee View Post
If people could find jobs they wouldn't have to resell at flea markets and yard sales. This economy is not getting better and a lot of people I talk to have given up hoping it ever will get better. Hard times. While I know the frustration of empty shelves, I also believe people should do what they have to do to take care of themselves (as long as it is not illegal).
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Although I agree with that statement, there is no reason for customers to get rude with the staff. We don't have Rite Aid where I live, however, CVS will always write me a raincheck and honor any coupons that I may have, even if they have expired by the time they finally get the product in stock.

Also, Rite Aid, CVS and any other store have the right to refuse to sell to people who may re-sell the items. I have seen signs like that in my local CVS stores.

I love my local CVS, they are always courteous and always helpful with rainchecks if they are out of an item. I'm sure that if I was a right old hag to them, that wouldn't be the case... You reap what you sow.

Wife, mother, organizer, chef.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I buy cart fulls but have never sold anything.
I shop for mom 82 a shut in cant walk more than a few feet.
sister mentally challenged cerebeal palsy. right arm totally paralyzed since birth and leg braces.
inlaws 84 &86 hes on oxygen full time prostrate cancer in and out of hospitals every few months. She has arthritis to the point of on leaveing the house shes in a wheel chair.
brother diabled on fixed income just inhereted 4 small children when his son died and the mother left them at a sitters and didnt come back.
ex daughterinlaw epilepsy in areas mentally challenged cant drive has my grandson 14 and another baby accident 1 year old. her sister wieght 450 pounds cant walk some from just letting go after
severe medical problems thyroid,cancer ect. cant do her own shopping.
some of us who buy cartloads have a reason
im thankful for good sales and coupons.
I can see that they have what they need and i rarly get any reimbursement they cant afford it .
Im also stockpileing for my own house husbands had 7 stints and 4 heart surguries in 2 years . i dont know if he will be dead or incapacitated any minute.
and some who do resell it might be very low income and it would help them financially.
I learned never to judge until ive walked in thier shoes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 AM

Grounded for Life

oops another thing to add is if people were responsible pet owners people like me wouldnt be feeding and careing for 23 cats and 2 dogs because they were dumped along the road or so abused animal rescue has to bring me animals to nurse back to health and care for.
The Following User Says Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlossom View Post

Also, Rite Aid, CVS and any other store have the right to refuse to sell to people who may re-sell the items. I have seen signs like that in my local CVS stores.
Not only do they have the right to refuse, they have the obligation under the terms of some manufacturer coupon redemption policies. The manufacturers do not provide coupons in order to stock someone's flea market booth or convenience store.

Just because something is "legal" (and even that is debatable in many cases) does not make it ethical behavior.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to savcoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 12:43 PM

It isn't a STOCKPILE if you're selling it.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by savcoupon View Post
Not only do they have the right to refuse, they have the obligation under the terms of some manufacturer coupon redemption policies. The manufacturers do not provide coupons in order to stock someone's flea market booth or convenience store.

Just because something is "legal" (and even that is debatable in many cases) does not make it ethical behavior.
Yep, what she said.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM

Grounded for Life

my cvs does that to they staple the coupon to the raincheck and initial it so if its expired they still take it.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

This post bears to be stickied because misinformation has been flying around saying,

What you do with stuff you buy with coupons is no one else's business. In reality, it is the manufacturer's business. It is stipulated under P&G coupon redemption policy that they reserve the right not to pay retailers found in violation of their terms and conditions. They even encourage the public to report any anomalous transactions going on.

As much as couponers refuse to accept the sad truth, manufacturers are NOT in the business of putting stocks for us to sell in our yard sale/flea market/convinience store/small grocery stores.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
You have a point BUT it does not justify the end result. It is like saying, due to hard times, we should be forgiving of those who break into people's homes whom they perceive to have more than them? They have to do what they have to do because they cannot find jobs, right? The law is there to instill order or else we will all have chaos.

Is hard times enough reason to disregard other's needs/wants and their rights as well? If that were the case, then it is like encouraging disregard for the law. Would it be okay to dumpster dive even if it was illegal in one's county? If caught, can one pull out the "I'm jobless" card as a mitigating circumstance to get off the hook?

We should keep in mind the ramifications of our actions and how it affect others who may be in the same boat like us. If we buy all items just because we can for purposes of reselling to make money, what about the rest who cannot avail of some?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_my_four_boys View Post
Last week trying to do the Dove/Degree deal found so many stores out of stock...husband and I stopped at a store in a neighboring town after my son's BB game. I went to the back to ck for deodorant, shelves were empty again...my husband was at front of the store and came to me to tell me that a customer was yelling at the employees. When she left I asked what was going on. The young Manager said she was angry because they were out of Dove/Degree. He said "She's one of our couponers" Apparently she came in Sunday and cleared the shelves then was angry because it was Thursday and they had not received another shipment and she still had q's. She accused them of deliberately not having stock only when she came into shop. Threatened to call corporate etc. etc. I felt sorry for the two employees who have to deal with her on a regular basis. This is a small town so only one Rite Aide and one Walgreens. I'm sure those employees hate her too. How much deodorant does one person need??? Same with J&J, I have twins and didn't clear the shelves but saw two customers with two carts full, I'm sure they could bathe their children until they reach the age of 18!
It's only unfortunate that the manager applies their behavior to all couponers. Or all people who use coupons at all, whether or not they consider themselves "couponers". This person's behavior was terrible, to be sure, but not representative of couponers as a whole. And couponers don't own the market on bad behavior, there are rude customers everywhere you go, regardless of the payment method. I've been in line at stores often enough, behind rude people with no coupons arguing with checkers about various things. I've been at restaurants dozens of times observing customers treating waitstaff horribly, demanding free food & discounts, threatening to involve management & threatening to write letters to their offices, newspapers, etc.

Perhaps the management of that store needs a lesson on not categorizing people and carrying prejudice. The manager wouldn't have said that to you if they had some Dove & Degree in stock because you'd be standing there with a handful of it and a bunch of coupons. The manager would be scowling at you because you were one of Them. What if it was a person of a particular race that came in and was just a royal PITA, no coupons, week after week. And the manager told you "It's one of our [insert race]." They need to deal with the individual, period, and not allow that kind of behavior in that store if that's what they want. Managers have the right to impose limitations on customers of sale items Walgreens (I think this is the store you're talking about), you don't even need a policy to show this - it is printed on every single advertisement.

And people need to stop being rude customers, period!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I agree with your sentiment, but have to disagree with the logic. It's not, for example, P&G's responsibility to give the unemployed a method of supplemental income because times are tough, and to say that people wouldn't have to resell their items to make money if the economy were better places this responsibility squarely on their (and other manufacturer's) shoulders. The manufacturers are doing what they can to keep their companies afloat, to keep the employees they have employed, with pay & benefits, and to keep the residual businesses doing the same (logistics, retail, etc.). In fact, if this became too widespread, manufacturers would begin to lose too much money via their promotions and would have to start cutting back somewhere - either jobs within their company or scaling back/eliminating some promotions. They are in the business of turning a profit, not of providing income to others. Period.

One of our local grocery stores has epic catalina promotions where a person can get an ungodly amount of food for free or next to free if you work the promotion correctly. 95% of the shoppers don't understand the way to work the promo and just save a few bucks. 5% "get it" and depend on these sales to feed their families (and resell? I don't know. Nobody I talk to who does these sales will resell - they wanna eat all that food eventually). In the last year or so these promotions and how they work have become increasingly popular and the manufacturers have scaled them back significantly. In the past, manufacturers and this particular store depended on these promotions, and were well aware of the "couponers" who were on to the sale and depended on them to move massive amounts of stock and to bring up their sales numbers. It got too big, became unprofitable, and is now scaled back.

As joshmamabear said, we should keep in mind the ramifications of our actions. If too many people take advantage of a manufacturer because their particular circumstances, manufacturers will engage Corporate Policy No. 1: Cover Your *ss.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
I agree with your sentiment, but have to disagree with the logic. It's not, for example, P&G's responsibility to give the unemployed a method of supplemental income because times are tough, and to say that people wouldn't have to resell their items to make money if the economy were better places this responsibility squarely on their (and other manufacturer's) shoulders. The manufacturers are doing what they can to keep their companies afloat, to keep the employees they have employed, with pay & benefits, and to keep the residual businesses doing the same (logistics, retail, etc.). In fact, if this became too widespread, manufacturers would begin to lose too much money via their promotions and would have to start cutting back somewhere - either jobs within their company or scaling back/eliminating some promotions. They are in the business of turning a profit, not of providing income to others. Period.

One of our local grocery stores has epic catalina promotions where a person can get an ungodly amount of food for free or next to free if you work the promotion correctly. 95% of the shoppers don't understand the way to work the promo and just save a few bucks. 5% "get it" and depend on these sales to feed their families (and resell? I don't know. Nobody I talk to who does these sales will resell - they wanna eat all that food eventually). In the last year or so these promotions and how they work have become increasingly popular and the manufacturers have scaled them back significantly. In the past, manufacturers and this particular store depended on these promotions, and were well aware of the "couponers" who were on to the sale and depended on them to move massive amounts of stock and to bring up their sales numbers. It got too big, became unprofitable, and is now scaled back.

As joshmamabear said, we should keep in mind the ramifications of our actions. If too many people take advantage of a manufacturer because their particular circumstances, manufacturers will engage Corporate Policy No. 1: Cover Your *ss.
GREAT.POST!!!

if the bottomline comes down to survival of the fittest, the one with the bigger purse (the retailers and manufacturers) will just pull the plug and we, the consumers, can do nothing but whine about the sky-high retail prices they stick to us. They're also doing what they have to do to protect their business interest. And we can't do nothing about it.

Shall we continue to kill the goose that lay golden eggs?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sarahcakes101 has posted more than 150 good deals!Sarahcakes101 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Wow I cannot imagine yelling at someone who works at a store for any reason. In high school and college I worked as a cashier so I know what it is like. People treat people accordingly. It is very dishonest to buy products like that and then resell. I would not assume everyone who has full shopping carts is doing this. I hope to have a full shopping cart in the future once I get better at this. My future dream would be to have a nice stock pile to donate to my church and start a food pantry for those in need in my area.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM

is lovin' the coupons!

My Mood/Status:
physalia has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm fairly new to couponing and I find it amazing that couponers would be so rude to the employees...like the one in the OP. These people are the ones that will make or break our deals, or at the very least, they can make it very difficult. I try to be so kind and careful and it pays off. I was in RA this past week and the cashier was so nice to me, even when I did 2 transactions (which is the first time I've done more than one), it was great. I didn't do much shopping at RA before, but now I will cuz of her...for more than just stuff I can buy with coupons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to physalia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Sunday mornings these managers reward meltdowns. (the rest of the week also)

So then the shelf clearer couponers learn to have more meltdowns to get what they want.

It's a cycle.....

They gotta stop rewarding bad behavior.

Last edited by couponwannabee; 02-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to couponwannabee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponwannabee View Post
Sunday mornings these managers reward meltdowns. (the rest of the week also)

So then the SC'ers, couponers learn to have more meltdowns to get what they want.

It's a cycle.....

They gotta stop rewarding bad behavior.
Sad but true. As much as DMs would like to please all customers, intimidation (and constant complaining to corp to get what they want) should not be used as a tool against store staff. One of these days, (patient) store staff can and will take their sweet revenge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!savcoupon has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Very timely discussion in light of the thoughts I have been having this week. At Wags there has been a month long RR deal on Neuragen. It is on sale for $14.99, there is a man Q for $10 off in the Diabetes mag and there is a a $10 RR which makes it a $5.01 MM. I had planned to do this deal until someone pointed out that the coupon says it is to be used off the "regular price". My feeling was that the intention of the manufacturer was an "either/or" situation with the coupon/RR. At that point I decided I would personally not do the deal but I would not say anything about my feelings and leave everyone to make their own decisions.

Of course the deal caught on like wildfire. The D&Y mags disappeared in many locations and someone found the pdf copy on the website and people started printing from there. People started selling printed pdf copies on ebay. There are people who have done this deal 10, 20, 30 or more times this month.

Keep in mind this is very much a "niche" product designed for a small market. I did some research and this product is offered by a relatively small company when compared to the corporate giants we are used to. This is not P&G, with a huge amount of capital and resources. I am sure when they entered into this agreement with Wags they were excited about the opportunity. What do you think is going to happen when the promotion is over and they start having to pay $20 to Wags for every product sold? I would bet that $20 is more than the wholesale price Wags paid in the first place. Not to mention that the vast majority of people who purchased this product 20+ times will never buy this product again.

I imagine it will be a nightmare that this company did not foresee. Hopefully it will not strain the company beyond its resources. Always remember that "companies" are owned by "people", they employ people and lives are impacted when the company falters. Even assuming the company comes out unscathed, how eager do you think they will be to offer promos in the future? What advice do you think they will give to other small companies that might be considering such a promo in the future?

I fully expect to be attacked for this post, people will rail that they have done nothing wrong, it is the company's fault for offering the deal, blah blah blah. That is ok, I am thick skinned. However I hope my post might make people think about the impact of their actions in the future.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to savcoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
MCLEODSC@AOL.COM has posted more than 150 good deals!MCLEODSC@AOL.COM has posted more than 150 good deals!
I think each Walgreens operate differently. I have had employees tell me a product did not come in on the truck on Tuesday only to stop in on Wednesday and they are stocking the shelves with the product that they said did not come in. I have found products that were on sale and produced rr hidden on top of the shelves above the pain meds. I have found items that were on hangers, hung in the baby aisle. All in all, I NOW know where to look if I cannot find an item!! Sometimes as I am leaving the store empty-handed, the cashier will ask if I found everything I was looking for. Upon hearing which product, she will say that they are in the stockroom, she will call the manager to retrieve one for me. Just think how many customers they are losing! Sometimes I just drive across town to the 24 hour WAGS for my shopping. They do not hide items, signs are clearly visible, if they have the product it is on the shelves not hidden in the stock room, the cashier KNOWS if they are out of a product or if there is a problem with the RR printing on a particular product. After writing this, I am wondering why I even shop at the closest WAGS?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MCLEODSC@AOL.COM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Very timely discussion in light of the thoughts I have been having this week. At Wags there has been a month long RR deal on Neuragen. It is on sale for $14.99, there is a man Q for $10 off in the Diabetes mag and there is a a $10 RR which makes it a $5.01 MM. I had planned to do this deal until someone pointed out that the coupon says it is to be used off the "regular price". My feeling was that the intention of the manufacturer was an "either/or" situation with the coupon/RR. At that point I decided I would personally not do the deal but I would not say anything about my feelings and leave everyone to make their own decisions.

Of course the deal caught on like wildfire. The D&Y mags disappeared in many locations and someone found the pdf copy on the website and people started printing from there. People started selling printed pdf copies on ebay. There are people who have done this deal 10, 20, 30 or more times this month.

Keep in mind this is very much a "niche" product designed for a small market. I did some research and this product is offered by a relatively small company when compared to the corporate giants we are used to. This is not P&G, with a huge amount of capital and resources. I am sure when they entered into this agreement with Wags they were excited about the opportunity. What do you think is going to happen when the promotion is over and they start having to pay $20 to Wags for every product sold? I would bet that $20 is more than the wholesale price Wags paid in the first place. Not to mention that the vast majority of people who purchased this product 20+ times will never buy this product again.

I imagine it will be a nightmare that this company did not foresee. Hopefully it will not strain the company beyond its resources. Always remember that "companies" are owned by "people", they employ people and lives are impacted when the company falters. Even assuming the company comes out unscathed, how eager do you think they will be to offer promos in the future? What advice do you think they will give to other small companies that might be considering such a promo in the future?

I fully expect to be attacked for this post, people will rail that they have done nothing wrong, it is the company's fault for offering the deal, blah blah blah. That is ok, I am thick skinned. However I hope my post might make people think about the impact of their actions in the future.
What an excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Yeah these are the deals that the greedies work over and over and over.
I did actually wonder about this company and how they would pay for this.