Groupon Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Groupon problems

Has anyone had any problems with Groupon? I have ordered two Groupons with no problems. However, when I went to redeem the Groupon I have had problems with both companies.

The first company Nuttyguys.com took 5 days to process my order for shipment after they told me it would ship in 3 to 5 days. Thus the product I purchased was not going to arrive for Valentine Day. So I called and requested the item be shipped in May, but the company shipped it today.

The second company was bluedolphin-magazines.com. The item I wanted to purchase was no longer being sold when I went to use my Groupon one day after purchasing the Groupon.

Iíve never dealt with any of these companies till now. Has anyone had any problems with Groupon, Nuttyguys.com or Bluedolphin-magazines.com? Thanks.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 PM

RE: Groupon problems

Blessed Mommy who loves to Save $!

Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I have personally not had any problems with groupon ,but all the deals I have purchased have been local deals that I print out the groupon and redeem it at the resturant or store in my area...As far as the other companies you mentioned I have not done business with them So Im not too much help there...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Three Year Old Twins (DS) Madden (DD) Mackenzie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeysmommy011508 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
goodlife has posted more than 100 good deals!goodlife has posted more than 100 good deals!
Report to Groupon

I would definitely let Groupon know.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodlife For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponcrazee has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I believe groupon has a satisfaction guarantee. I say email them and explain what happened.

It is what it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponcrazee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Groupon's customer service is fan-freaking-tastic. I would tell them about the experiences you had, they may or may not be able to do anything for you (usually they do, they really are great) but they ALWAYS want to know about customer experiences with deals that they offer so they know who to do business with in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I haven't had problems w/the groupons I've purchased and I haven't dealt w/either company you mentioned. But there have been reports that sometimes the companies involved just aren't prepared for the volume of business the groupon generates for them and that may have been the case for the nuttyguys one.

As far as blue-dolphin, I don't think you can expect an inventory guarantee of something they may be selling unless that particular product was advertised as part of the groupon. Like the Gap one last year for example. If I had found a shirt I really wanted from the Gap online, bought the Groupon, then found the next day that shirt was sold out I don't think I'd have a reason to complain or expect a refund.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great point abut blue-dolphin; i.e. the shirt example. I completely agree. I just found it odd that the item was removed from the site like it had never been there; no sold out message at all. It just sort of felt like a bait and switch to me. I believe it was the combination of the two together within a week that triggered my concern.

Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
I haven't had problems w/the groupons I've purchased and I haven't dealt w/either company you mentioned. But there have been reports that sometimes the companies involved just aren't prepared for the volume of business the groupon generates for them and that may have been the case for the nuttyguys one.

As far as blue-dolphin, I don't think you can expect an inventory guarantee of something they may be selling unless that particular product was advertised as part of the groupon. Like the Gap one last year for example. If I had found a shirt I really wanted from the Gap online, bought the Groupon, then found the next day that shirt was sold out I don't think I'd have a reason to complain or expect a refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to Springfieldian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM

coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Newbie alert!!!

What's a groupon?

ISO pampers and Huggies codes
The Following User Says Thank You to ASleaster88 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Organizing my coupons!

My Mood/Status:
daisey_may has posted more than 150 good deals!daisey_may has posted more than 150 good deals!
I would contact groupon and find out what they can do for you. I've personally never used them before, at least not yet. Also, did you try to contact blue-dolphin to verify that they are not selling it at all anymore?
The Following User Says Thank You to daisey_may For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisey_may View Post
I would contact groupon and find out what they can do for you. I've personally never used them before, at least not yet. Also, did you try to contact blue-dolphin to verify that they are not selling it at all anymore?
Thanks for your post. I have sent an email to blue-dolphin but I have not received a response yet. Contacting them also sent up a lot of red flags for me as well. There is no contact phone number i.e. customer service number on there website. No contact number at all.

If I do not hear anything back from blue-dolphin soon I will follow up with Groupon. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:02 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASleaster88 View Post
Newbie alert!!!

What's a groupon?
groupon.com is a daily deal site that post daily deals for different cities around the country. They sell certificates that you can redeem at different businesses generally at significant savings. Example the last two I purchased were 50-60% off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Springfieldian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Organizing my coupons!

My Mood/Status:
daisey_may has posted more than 150 good deals!daisey_may has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfieldian View Post
Thanks for your post. I have sent an email to blue-dolphin but I have not received a response yet. Contacting them also sent up a lot of red flags for me as well. There is no contact phone number i.e. customer service number on there website. No contact number at all.

If I do not hear anything back from blue-dolphin soon I will follow up with Groupon. Thanks again.
Ooooo, that would definitely send up some red flags for me, too. No 1-800 number? weird. I hope they get back to you about it, though!
The Following User Says Thank You to daisey_may For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Me too. I really wanted that year subscription of All You Magazine for FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisey_may View Post
Ooooo, that would definitely send up some red flags for me, too. No 1-800 number? weird. I hope they get back to you about it, though!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I received the following response from Blue Dolphin.

We are working on some issues with the Publisher & are trying to resume this title. Please check our site for availability in the near future.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Blue Dolphin Customer Support

Hum. Suggestions? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 AM

Grounded for Life

rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfieldian View Post
I received the following response from Blue Dolphin.

We are working on some issues with the Publisher & are trying to resume this title. Please check our site for availability in the near future.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Blue Dolphin Customer Support

Hum. Suggestions? Thanks.
I'd wait. It seems like they are trying to get the title back.
The Following User Says Thank You to rachellynn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM

Senorita Sassypants is looking for deals!
SassPants McGee

My Mood/Status:
steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I'd wait too.
The Following User Says Thank You to steffus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Update Blue Dolphin: So I've been emailing Blue Dolphin each week asking when they would have All You back in. I kept getting the standard we are working with All You and hope to have it back in very soon. So I checked today and they did! I used my Groupon to place the order; so far so good.

Update Nutty Guys: So I received an email from Nutty Guy stating they shipped my order about 3 months early. Remember, this was after they missed the first shipment date and I changed the address and shipment date from the original order.

I called and left a message as it was after hours when I received the email. After that I played phone tag with the same employee for days leaving detailed messages. After a week of phone tag the order arrived 3 months early.

I called back again and found that is was the store manager that took my original order and the sm that I had been playing phone tag with for a week. Nutty Guy apologized for the mistake and gave me a credit to place another order with the original amount I spent and with free shipping.

I believe I will give Nutty Guy one more try to get this right and if not, that's it for me.

I really hope Blue Dolphin fills my order for All You Magazine as I have read numerous customer complaints about them not filling orders. We shall see.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:23 PM

helbent93
Nutty GUys

We haven't had problems with Groupon.
But Nutty Guys charged what we felt was WAY too much for shipping.
It didn't seem like a deal after paying their shipping charges