Why Are Couponers Treated Like Poo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Why are Couponers treated like poo.

Sorry this is just a rant.

I am so tired of cashiers being really nice to me, then see my coupons and just treat me like poo. Do they know how hard it is to feed 5 people. Two who are in diapers and one who is on full formula, for 200.00 a month. I do not think so. Ugh it just makes me so angry. I wish that all cashiers would have to take a class on the other side of the coin. See the family who is behind those coupons. If they did not have all those coupons that they would be eating beans and rice every day for every meal. I just wish people would do there job with out complain and looking down on the customer.

Rant over.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(5), Catherine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1) and Carolynn
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 AM

RE: Why are Couponers treated like poo.

hummmmm.......
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know it's frustration to run into thoes types of situations, but at one time or another, we all have.

One thing I don't like is when the cashier tells you that they hate coupons. To me, a couponer, standing in front of them, takes it as "you use coupons, I hate coupons, therefore I hate you." So I just take it in stride and go to customer service and let them know that I don't apprechiate being treated like that.

One time a cashier at target huffed and puffed over my coupons, and then manually entered them buy adding them up. It was a bad expierance, not horrible. So I told customer service and was given a $3 coupon for my time. UGH Really.

So the next time I went there, I was told his register was open if I wanted to move, and I said, "no thank you, I don't care for him and would rather wait for a nice cashier" Point taken, and they moved on the to next person.

Hang in there, sometimes the comments, huffs and puffs behind me only make me smile at them more. Because, I am the one saving money.

Lynda
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!sonie716 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Thank you for the help, I have sent a letter to Kroger corp. I have had more trouble with one of there other stores in the area. So I wrote and let them know about my experiences at both stores.

I was a cashier and customer service rep for 10 yrs before becoming a Sahm mom, so I know what its like on the other side of the register. I just want to be treated like a regular customer even if I have coupons. Not a criminal or a huge inconvenience.
(5), Catherine
(1) and Carolynn
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sonie716 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Don't know if this helps, but I always "scope" out all the cashiers to see who has the coupon-friendliest vibe, but if you have your kiddos with you, that might be more challenging. Experiences can really color our outlook on life, and our society is so imperfect, so I often wonder what happened in their lives to make difficult cashiers so cranky. Then I feel kinda sorry for them. I've been pretty successful picking good cashiers, though. The last cashier I got was so friendly and interested in learning how to coupon, so, of course, I told her about AFC.
, the princess,
, and the sweetheart
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
oceanbleu has posted more than 50 good deals
It really stinks, that even with the economy we have right now, we as coupon users sometimes have to be the ones that are nice until it hurts.

I have been treated the same way on more than one occasion. I do my best to not let the snide comments, nasty looks or rude treatment bother me. I do have cashiers that I avoid in some of my regular stores. The aggravation is just not worth it to me. If I had no other choice but to use their line I would.

I try not to complain when I am treated rudely, but I am starting to think that if it's bad enough that I don't go to a particular person's line, the manager/supervisor needs to know.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oceanbleu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
This is my first time saying something. There are stores, with cashiers that I avoid like the plague. I try to pick certian cashiers. I have a few good ones at my meijer. When I sent my letter I did not name anyone,just mentioned the stores that I shop at. I just wanted to let them know that there cashiers should be nicer and treat us all the same. This was done in a nice way. Just giving them the heads up.

Sometimes I want to go back in to cashiering, so that I can be nice to all the couponers out there, and that hey have a nice, safe cashier to go to. Not going to happen( I love being a sahm to much) but the thought has crossed my mind.
(5), Catherine
(1) and Carolynn
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonie716 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
scorpiolcp has posted more than 25 good deals
When someone around me makes a comment about hating coupons, I always ask them if they like saving money, or throwing it away. Most people want to save money, and when they realize how much you do save, they are interested...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scorpiolcp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM

Back to reality

My Mood/Status:
karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
With the state of our economy, people have to work to save every penny these days. I am sure people working as cashiers (no offense intended) aren't making a fortune off of their jobs. So I am sure they need to be frugal too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karenvallone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 AM

DonnaA has posted more than 400 great deals!DonnaA has posted more than 400 great deals!DonnaA has posted more than 400 great deals!DonnaA has posted more than 400 great deals!DonnaA has posted more than 400 great deals!
Yeah, I have had some bad coupon cashiers and some nice ones. I definately avoid the not so nice coupon cashiers and wait for someone else. I also use to be a grocery store cashier and did not mind coupons and have thougt about cashiering again, but with kids too little yet and with doing coupons I can still aford to stay home. I have also made a few friends at the grocery store and that is how I found out about AFC. Sometimes you can run into another coupon person and you just start chatting. Then you get to talk about who are the good coupon cashiers and the not so nice ones. For the most part I chat it up with the cashiers and then you get a good raport with them. I have gotten to know a few and they say good job. But then others just say things like "that aint fair". So I just totally avoid those.

Well that is my rant on the subject. I know others have their stories too. There is always bumps in the road of life and couponing and maybe someday we can try to have smaller bumps than bigger bumps. We can hope can't we. Smile.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DonnaA For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM

is Down with the sickness!
~For the Lolz~

My Mood/Status:
andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!andreaskye has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Well, I am also one of the lucky ones who has never had a really terrible experience with a cashier. I mean sighs or not really friendly but for the most part never terrible so I am lucky.

The other day I was checking out with my favorite young guy at Kroger and I always kid him because he makes no bones about not really liking his job but he is cool about it .So I always joke because I know my coupons drive him crazy and then one of the young manager guys who has been around awhile was bagging and he said "I hate coupons!", once again not in a mean way, we were just chilling.
But I told him "If you had five people, not including yourself, to feed you'd love them!"
And he kind of giggled and said "Yeah, I guess you have a point, I just have me myself and I!"

So maybe he won't think how he hates taking a little extra time next time but will think about what I said and not mind it so much. (Even though I know neither of them are buttheads about it, in fact they make it easier because they just want to breeze through them, but still, I hope what I said stick in their heads.)

In the End, Only Kindness matters!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreaskye For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
oceanbleu has posted more than 50 good deals
As far as it not being fair... (that particular comment anyway) It is fair, I took the time to learn the skill and cheaper groceries are my reward for the time spent. Anyone can do it with a little patience and effort. (Besides the fact that I really think 90% of the attitude we sometimes get is jealousy)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanbleu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 05:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mmansfield has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I find that if i act so excited about my coupons when i hand them over and say "I'm so excited to see how much i save"....this converts them to your team. Then they get excited to see how much you save. I then try to go to the same cashiers at each store if i can...they will recognize you as well and a "bond" has been formed in a way. If the cashier looks at u funny when u say these things just say ..well even if your not excited i still am...this will at least get a laugh out of them sometimes...HTH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmansfield For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shnn18 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
(((((((((Hugs)))))))))) I hear ya. There are many rude cashiers out there, but I really appreciate the good ones.

I have started looking at couponing a different way though. Yes, I use coupons to help save money to feed a family of five. But now, I just think it is foolish to pay full price for something when the manufacture or store is offering me a discount to buy the product.

The other day I was in the store and saw a woman paid $3.52 for Hidden Valley Dressing and I thought "How foolish of her, I just got a bottle of Kraft dressing for free!" So next time I am in the store and I get a customer behind me that has attitude because I am using coupons I am going to look at them and saw "Hey, it's not my fault that you are in so much of a hurry to throw money out the window. I am the CEO of my family and I am making sure our money is well spent."

Hang in there, you have the RIGHT to use coupons whether they like it or not, just kill them with kindness. You never know where they will be financially next year or even next week in today's economy.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM

likes sweater weather
Grounded for Life

scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think it sometimes has to do with the cashiers keeping their till straight and potentially getting in trouble for a mismatch when their till is balanced. If they've gotten in trouble because of their own mistake or the dishonesty of a couponer, they may be bitter about it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrapquick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 03:29 PM

Proud Member of the Stockpile Mafia

My Mood/Status:
sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I always try to be really nice and talkative to my cashiers, so by the time I hand them my q's they already like me...

Has been working so so far....I have only had 1 cashier that I had to have a few words with and that was at Wags ...She has been nice to me since tho
and Daughters
And owner of the most Beautifulest

and