I Hate K-Mart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Angry I hate K-Mart

I know Hate is such a strong word, but tonight I decided to head over to K-mart for the up to .75cent Tripples. Unfortunatly for me most of my coupons are $1 or higher, so I purchased just a few items for pennies.

They had these coupon books all over the store with over $40 in savings. I used 3 of the Cottonelle Wipes for $1.00 off any except for the 10 cout size. The 42 count size was on sale for 2.99 and I figured with my .50cent coupon trippled and the $1.00 K-Mart coupon, I'd get them each for .49cents. Unfortunatly for me, they scanned the mfr coupons before scanning the K-mart coupons (which froze the cash register) After calling the manager once again.....(sidebar..they refused to take my internet coupons for $1.10 off a can of progresso....AARGH.......now that leads me to emailing the betty crocker company because no one is taking my intenet coupons and thats just ticking me off as well!!!), the manager demanded that the cashier already took off their coupons. I kept telling her, they didn't come off, and she kept saying, it says $1.00 off. I told her that $1 savings was from the 50cent coupon being trippled. "No it's not". The cashier finally said, well your total is .23cents. Okay, so I figured thats why the coupons didn't take, I had an overage. I then asked the cashier if I can have the coupons back since they didn't work and she said they did. So I gave her my .23cents and the register locked up again. She calls the manager over yet again. Now, I'm looking at the register and the reason why it locked up was because my total was 10.23. She had the mouse over the ten.

I left the store aggravated and I really didn't think I got a great deal.

I purchased:

1 colgate toothbrush
3- 42count packs of cottonelle moist wipes
1 softsoap
2 cans of progresso
1 palmolive for 10.23...Whoopie I saved $12. Needless to say, I'm done with K-Mart. As far as I'm concerned both the Big K and Walgreens could take a leap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to staceyph3sc For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM

RE: I hate K-Mart

My 3 Amigos-"Littles""Waylon"&"Precious"

My Mood/Status:
CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazyWoman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I know how you feel! Some days I can come home from shopping and just be fuming!!! I had a coupon Nazi (Idiot) at Kroger's the other day. She was very anti-coupons and didn't know how to read the coupon or how to override to make the machine work. She even swiped one of my $5.00 Iams catalina coupons and because it beeped she said that I didn't purchase the "correct product" and proceeded to throw my "$5.00" coupon in the TRASH! I said excuse me, I want my coupon back. I reread the coupon and it plainly stated good on any Iams so I told her that and she started huffing as if I was bothering her. We get the manager, who finally gets everything straightened out. Then as am leaving she starts whispering to him and talking about me. What is WRONG with these people! She was acting like I was taking money out of HER pocket because I was using Coupons!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CouponCrazyWoman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!staceyph3sc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Doesn't it just aggravate the spit out you. Here we are in an economic resession, trying our hardest to save money (okay, we're enjoying it) and these bone heads are ruining our fun. Sometimes I just want to wack them across the head and say, "Hey get over yourself" It's amazing how they make you feel like a criminal for using a coupon and getting a good deal.

Years ago when I was a cashier, I never complained about the coupons and this was before you scanned them. You had to manually enter them. I've just decided that everytime I come across someone who has an attitude about my using coupons, I'm sending a strongly worded letter to the district manager or corporate. Eventually I'm sure they'll get so tired of me complaining they'll set up some sort of coupon training classes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to staceyph3sc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 PM

is not a happy camper
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think the Kmart coupon that is in those $40 coupon booklets could be combined with a regular MFG coupon.

I know it's a store coupon but this is the wording on the back that leads me to saying you can't combine them with a regular coupon...

... "Cannot be combine with any other coupon for the same item(s) and is not subject to doubling. Limit (1) "name of coupon" redeemable per transaction."....

Maybe that is why the register locked up.
The Following User Says Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank You K mart

I didn't see the fine print, but the funny thing is, one of them worked. I still hate K-mart!