I'm Getting Sick Of This...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
wishihadahummer has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm getting sick of this...

I went to Target for my weekly trip this week and had some major issues with the cashier. I had six of the $2/2 Johnson Buddies coupons. The cashier scanned one (which scanned perfectly fine) and then stopped and told me she needed to speak to her manager. She walked away and went up to the CS desk and when she came back handed the coupons back to me and told me they couldn't accept them because they were copies. I was extremely confused, as they were in COLOR and were NOT copies. I told her this - so then she gives me some guff about how they were definitely copies and she was not going to take them. I also had about ten $1 on any Tide coupons and ten $1 on any Downy coupons. I had gotten the travel size. The cashier decides she can't accept any of those coupons either because they are "supposed to be for bigger sizes". When I asked her to show me where it said that on the coupon she told me, "It doesn't say it but that is what they are for." I again told her that it didn't state that anywhere on the coupon and that it said, $1 off of ANY Tide (same with the Downy). She then said, "I won't accept them." This happened a couple more times with some other coupons for some other items. By that time I was really mad - I wanted to just storm out. Unfortunately we needed diapers and I had to get them - so finally I just asked for all my coupons back and told her I only wanted to buy the diapers. She then had the audacity to to tell me how "inconsiderate" I was being by bringing up all these items and not buying them. I'm still mad about this. I'm getting sick of being treated like I'm committing a crime whenever I try to save some money!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wishihadahummer For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM

RE: I'm getting sick of this...

cleaning, the task that never ends.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'd have gone to the service desk with my Qs and checked out there after her giving you such an issue. Don't forget on the IP ones there is a dotscan that is individual for each Q. You could show her that to "prove" that they're not just color copies. ( I print all mine in B&W to save ink ). And for the tide I'd whip out another Q that excluded trial size and argue with the case with that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onlymadaresane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM

needs to win the lottery!!

My Mood/Status:
anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
ooohhhh. that story just made me so mad. i hope you go to corporate. they dont want their customers treated like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to anb1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM

is glad her kids love school!
Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would have been tempted to reply "Well, I think it's INCONSIDERATE to treat people the way you have just treated me. And I had every intention of buying those items but you won't let me use my LEGITIMATE coupons on them. I am trying to save my family money, so if I can't use my coupons, I will not be buying the items. In other words, it is not MY fault that I'm not buying the items - it is YOURS!"

Okay, my little rant is over. I just think that was pretty awful the way you were treated. Sorry that happened to you!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:06 PM

is loving CVS this week

My Mood/Status:
manda0525 has posted more than 400 great deals!manda0525 has posted more than 400 great deals!manda0525 has posted more than 400 great deals!manda0525 has posted more than 400 great deals!manda0525 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I am so tired of people like that. You just want to go and have an easy trip with no hassle from the cashier. WHAT DO THEY CARE???? they are getting reimbursed and then some. I am not an arguer so I just tell them to keep things some time. I also feel like when you have a scene like that they are watching you closely the next time like you are doing something wrong......AND your NOT!!!! I am sorry you had that experience today, I hate those trips.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
cemkc has posted more than 200 great deals!cemkc has posted more than 200 great deals!cemkc has posted more than 200 great deals!
I am so sorry. that is why I no longer shop at one of my targets in my town. The people their are so mean!!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Unhappy

I know how you feel. I would have told her don't you think it's inconsiderate to not take my coupons. Try calling the headquarters and filing a complaint.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!paradisemommy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yep call and complain for sure. Our super target is my main shopping store. I use at least 50 coupons per trip and rarely have a problem. I had a few in December with the seasonal staff but always had a manager call me after I'd complained. Now I try and go to the same couple cashiers and if I have trouble I call for a manager. I've also got the local DM's direct office number if I have any further problems. They know that I'm not cheating them and they know I won't hesitate to call a manager over.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM

needs a vacation!!
~

My Mood/Status:
AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Some members have the Corporate phone numbers programmed into their phones for situations just like that! I'm thinking that might not be a bad idea. You could call them right there and then to get it straightened out! Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
Manager told me yesterday, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO USE MORE THAN 2-3 COUPONS TOTAL IN HIS STORE!! We were told LOUDLY in a very accusing way -- ANY MORE THAN THAT IS ABUSING THE SYSTEM!!!! OK....no more of my money will ever land in that store. A very HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE,, NO MORE OF THAT NONSENSE FOR ME, uncalled for and REDICULOUS!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I noticed its becoming YMMV at Target. Before the New Year, we shopped at Target in Branson and didn't have any issues at all with our coupons while buying trial size. it was a GSTL who rang us up and she was very pleasant that she gave me back some Tide coupons only because my total was down to .82 and wouldn't take the $1. I paired my coupons with my purchases but she punched it the ones giving overages. It was a very pleasant shopping experience.

At another Target, it is interesting that they said the same thing OP posted about the $1 Tide inserts MQ on the trial size. When the manager was called, he said Target has been informed about a lot of fraudulent IPs being passed around so they are leery with IPs but he admitted the Tide and Downey coupons were from the Sunday paper. We just had 5 of Tide and 5 of Downey, the rest were items w/o coupons. I just voided the order worth at least $60 if he wouldn't take legitimate coupons.

He also said that Target is not paid by manufacturer each time they push through a coupon especially on trial sizes when the coupon is OBVIOUSLY for regular sizes, not trial. I didn't want to waste my time explaining to him and ask him where it said that in the coupon.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM

is settling into our new home.
is saddened and concerned...

My Mood/Status:
luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I too have had many, MANY issues with my local Target, and their customer service. Suprising, none of them have been over coupons. I no longer shop there.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
Sorry, things like that get a person a bit revved up. Great that there are plenty other places that will gladly accept coupons.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would call corp for telling you that you were inconsiderate, and I would call the actual District manager!