Husband Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!
Husband Rant

My story isn't near as bad as some that I have read, but still annoying to me. After working a seven hour shift, on a Sunday and dealing with customers who are banging on the doors early because they forgot to change their clocks, I have to deal with a 'helpful' husband.
First of all, we finished off the last hay bale for the horses in the morning, so we both knew we had to make a run to our supplier before night feeding. I go to work, he goes to work. He's home by 2pm. I leave work at 3, mad dash into 1 Walmart for a gift card, I need gas, and yes I want to save 3 cents a gal. Another mad dash into target to triple check Clearance. (cashier gave me kudos for using coupons, I like him) Mad dash to another Walmart to get gas, they were three deep at the first Walmart, never that busy at the second. One final mad dash into Harps close to home for some meat for supper.(I have an overall 40 min commute)
Hoping on the way home I will see him on the way to get hay, it's getting dark earlier now. No such luck, pull in at 4:15 hood of the truck is up..not a good sign.
He says batterys dead. Oh boy. I change my clothes and we go out to jump the truck. After 30 minutes we get it to start.(can't get him to stop trying every 30 seconds) Hook trailer, and off the get hay. Get home, have to feed horses in dark. Now it's late everyones hungry. Supper, liver and onions. I start the onions, sautee them in some olive oil. Left liver on counter to thaw a little more(he bought frozen.*sigh*) Onions are cooking I'm sitting in next room reading email. He goes into kitchen, 'you're burning the onion', 'no I'm not', 'did you put any butter in them', 'no' (uh, hint) He proceeds then to put I can't believe it's not butter in there and puts a cover on the pan. 'I like cooking the onions in olive oil, they taste better' I say. He also puts the liver in the nuker to 'defrost'. I tell him he's cooking supper now. 'why you have to be like that' he says. 'Leave my cooking alone' I say. He heads back to bedroom to watch football. I hear liver pop in nuker, jump up and grab it out. Now its half cooked!! Argh! I hate that, because the cooked parts are going to be nasty by the time I'm done cooking. It's thenI relize what 'butter' he used on the onions. 'Ugh, you used that? that stuff gives me heart burn.' I say. No reply. I finish cooking, and of course I think the liver is nasty. He didn't.(he's probably lying to save face)
Said he was 'helping'. HAH! Leave my cooking alone! Helping is only if I ask for it!
Thanks, feel better.

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 AM

RE: Husband Rant

Will work for pamper points!

My Mood/Status:
marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well, I am sorry- I get constructive "feedback" on my cooking all the time. If I didn't have 3 kids to feed too I would have stopped cooking a long time ago just like I did with other chores I got "feedback" on. I love how it always starts out "you know, I never complain but..."
Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 AM

is rollin'
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh sorry about your hectic day!
Hope you have a better day today!

When my hubby and I were first married he used to say "My Mom doesn't make it that way or do it that way." My response was "go eat with your mother, then!" after a while you get tired of hearing it. But to his surprise....there are DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO SOMETHING!!! LOL!

I must not have been too bad of a cook when we got married because he gained 20 pound within the first month... hee hee...
~now he says I am the best cook around!

Uses COUPONS to stretch the budget, why pay full price when you could get is discounted or FREE!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!whatever has posted more than 300 great deals!
He usually leaves my cooking alone. Says I'm a great cook. Personally I don't have a big variety. But what I know I know well. He's never butted in that bad before.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 AM

is procrastinating!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Sullygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I feel your pain!

My DH does that with the laundry and the cooking (but only when he is really hungry). I've told hime repeatedly about the laundry that he is wasting his time b/c I'm just going to refold it anyway. The way he "folds" make the clothes look worse than if he just dumped them unfolded into a drawer!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:17 AM

Supporting Member

jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know what you mean, I hate when I'm cooking and he starts messing with it. Either do it or let me do it.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ahhh, what a headache! My hubby is a momma's boy, straight from Greece. Anything I cook that isn't just like momma makes it, gets critiqued. He's a pilot so his famous line is, "Why don't you cook stuff like that when I'm not at home?" To that I usually reply, "Why don't you start cooking when you're at home?" I could KILL mine, good luck with yours!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess we all have bad hair days and feel that way about our DH's....

although I consider myself very fortunate to be on the same page with my DH in issues that matter most to both of us. we still have our disagreements on certain things but not really enough for us to not talk to each other. I know he is the best father any child can wish for, and that speaks well of him.

over the years, I've come to appreciate the person he is. his heart is in the right place and that's important to me.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 AM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am sorry - it must have been frustrating. Dh is the cook in our family (I am the maid and handywoman) and yesterday was a bad day for cooking. He tried some wierd thing with chicken chunks and potatoes (he makes up his recipes all of the time, and they are usually delicious) - the chicken was soggy and the potatoes were bad. But, we were both pleasantly surprised when we saw that our daughter loved them!! She must have eaten the equivalent of 2 whole potatoes I had a bowl of cereal instead of eating his "creation," but we have lots of left-overs for dd today

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
I'd like to try some new things, and he's always asking his mom for recipes of some of his favorite dishes as a kid. I have no problem with that, but then expects me to know how to cook these dishes. Why doesn't he cook them, he knows what the end result should be?
We haven't tried anything new in a while.... I take that back, he brought home some cornish game hens last night. I researched that one... Just cook them like small chickens.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM

I think I'm gonna quit couponing.....April Fool's!!

My Mood/Status:
momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momto3ms has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Big hugs to you! I just wish my dh knew how to cook---don't get me wrong he's great at grilling but anything else, no way.
Marisola 4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mariah 1 yr-Happy Birthday baby girl!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ashlei has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My husband is the one that usually cooks. He is going to school in culinary arts so obviously he is a better cook than me . I only cook when he is too tired or doesnt feel like it. Poor thing he goes to school mon-fri at 6am & gets out at 1pm except mondays he gets out at 4pm, and tuesdays he has night class, AND he works 35 hours a week.....ANYWAY, sorry you had a bad night, I wouldnt like my husband getting in my way either! LOL

~In loving memory of Tami Denise Leonard~
~August 8, 1961- June 28, 2008~
Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks y'all. I appreciate the support and I give to all.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not meaning to hijack your thread but I am in Fayetteville! PM me sometime, we can exchange DH rants! Sorry about your rough evening, may it get better! xxxooxxoo Susuz
Old 11-03-2008, 08:19 PM

Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am the better cook, but I'm usually happy to let him take over. If he's folding laundry or doing dishes, even if I think I could do a better job, I just shut up because I'm so pleased to have help.

What really drives me crazy though, is the mess he leaves behind him! So while he cooks I usually follow him around throwing out wrappers, loading dishes into the dishwasher, wiping up spills. He says he likes to clean up at the end, but I can't stand looking at all of it, and it's more overwhelming to me to wait until the end when it looks like a tornado struck.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 AM

please pray for me
AFC Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Mine thinks that if i dont fix a huge meal ( like 5 items and more) every night im starving him.
And when i do cook i never get a thank you
when i dont though lord do i ever hear about it
i just tell him if he doesnt like it he can take over everything

Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wish that I had a husband that would help!...Sorry but my hubby never goes to the store or cook...I take that back he might run to the store if I beg him but he will go to pick up a few things and end up spending $100, nothing on sale and no coupons.

He complains that I never help him with the trash (bring the bins out once a week) and I said well you never help with dinner. I told him this week I would do the trah and he could make dinner everynight...he said ok...yet who was in the kitchen last night?...yup you guessed it...me...he is suppose to do the dishes but really asn't in I don't know how long then comes home and complains that the kitchen is a mess. I would clean it up after dinner but I am trying to get him to so I hope that after I go to bed he will clean...well no such luck so then the next day when I get home from work I have to clean the kitchen before starting to make dinner...

ok really sorry to take over your thread...I guess we all have issues with our DH...but then again I am sure if you ask them they have issues with us to...

The beauty or two different people trying to be married...