Rant On Wally World!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
awatts04 has posted more than 200 great deals!awatts04 has posted more than 200 great deals!awatts04 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Rant on Wally world!

This is an e-mail I sent to corporate a few min ago. I will let ya'll know if there is a response!

I am sending this letter to the corporate headquarters also, since I know this will be sent back to the local store. I have been having problems in your store almost every time I go. First, it was that you couldn't use more than 1 free coupon per purchase. EX: have 2 different items that come out free with the coupon. Then it was no multiple same item coupons in one order. To buy 10 of the same item with coupons, you have to do 10 transactions. I have been cursed by customers behind me in line when the cashier insists, even when I seperate the orders prior to checking out. Then I was told that you cannot use a coupon that's value is higher than the product. They used to change the coupon value to match, now claim that can't be done. I've seen it done! Tonight, I was hit with " you can't use a coupon on an item you've comped". When did this start? If I go to your competitors store I can use a coupon on their sale price items, why can't I do it at Walmart? And no 2 cashiers, or even CSM's, can tell you the same store rules! Why does Walmart insist on making it so hard to save money? You will be losing alot of business to stores that don"t make it so hard. I'm not trying to do anything illegal or immoral, just use coupons that ya'll get reimbursed the price AND $.08 for! You make money off me but I can't save money? I have a couponing blog with over 6500 members nationwide that have been talking about boycotting Walmart for awhile now. I guess I will be joining them. I have read your coupon policy, even printed it and brought it with me. Nowhere does it state any of the " rules" I've been told. Is the store going renegade or is this posted somewhere for the consumer to find? I also own stock in this company and I'm ashamed to admit it. When Sam Walton died, this store lost all it's values. I would appreciate it if I could receive an answer to these questions. Thank you.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to awatts04 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 PM

RE: Rant on Wally world!

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Doodlebug has posted more than 25 good deals
yes let us know! This should be very interesting to say the least!!
So sorry you have to go thru this! it isnt right or fair!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM

is enjoying her 90% deals from Kohl's
Waiting for spring!

My Mood/Status:
Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Love your letter!! I sent one and got nothing back. I haven't set foot in a Walmart in a month.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 PM

fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
good letter! let us know your update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoahsMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 PM

is not a happy camper
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!foggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Go awatts04!

I've had the coupon police there too. Drives me nuts. I wish just once I could teach their cashiers about coupon usuage. I'm sure it would save them and me as well as others a lot of hassle!
The Following User Says Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jaybeza has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Way to go!!! It'll be really interesting to see what their response might be.... Seems Walmart is less and less interested in customer service these days, almost taking for granted that we HAVE to, or will ALWAYS shop there, regardless. I hope your letter helps to open their eyes about how faulty that assumption really is!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 AM

Happy to Be Alive!!!
Coupon Queen

My Mood/Status:
missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a problem with Q tonight at wm too. I tried to use the 2.00 any schick razors that were 1.97 that was a no go because the price was less than q and then they stated that it had to be one of the ones pictured. Then I bought a 8 mega pk of viva paper towels and had a .35 on any package of viva paper towels and she said it had to be as the picture showed only on 1 single paper towel. She had already taken the other 2 with no problem. I just held my tongue. It seems to me if I buy 3 Viva Mega packs for 8.73 ea that they could give me the measly.35 off like the cpn stated that was exactly what I was getting.
The Following User Says Thank You to missadm908 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Let us know what happens!

The Wal-Mart's in my area are all pretty good with Q usage (I run into a few snags here and there) but "big brother" is sitting at their backdoor step (Corporate Offices) so things tend to go "smoother" in this area. They are definately not exempt from bad customer service though...

Depending on the issue...I take the issue up with store, market, or regional management--I've done all three before; but it's been awhile since I've had to do that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Emily (7)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeremiah (9)
Shawn (12)

Arissa
Seebe
Frick
Frack
Snow
The Following User Says Thank You to kmstang For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so proud of you...You go girl...Let me know what they say.
The Following User Says Thank You to nessa1970 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 AM

is busy planning her next attack.

argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!argylemoose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I also went to 2 different Walmarts tonight and was told the same thing. It was a bad Walmart night......I ended up leaving without 3/4 of the items I spent 3 hours shopping for.
The Following User Says Thank You to argylemoose For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM

hoping Kmart has some good deals.

mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missadm908 View Post
I had a problem with Q tonight at wm too. I tried to use the 2.00 any schick razors that were 1.97 that was a no go because the price was less than q and then they stated that it had to be one of the ones pictured. Then I bought a 8 mega pk of viva paper towels and had a .35 on any package of viva paper towels and she said it had to be as the picture showed only on 1 single paper towel. She had already taken the other 2 with no problem. I just held my tongue. It seems to me if I buy 3 Viva Mega packs for 8.73 ea that they could give me the measly.35 off like the cpn stated that was exactly what I was getting.
I posted the following in another coupon post: Any Lawyer would challenge the Picture on the coupon. What Legally flies in the case of a coupon is the WORDING in the coupon, especially the fine print. If it says "any", then that is EXACTLY what it means: ANY product that the manufacturer produces, in this case, razors. ANY disposable razor that Schick manufactures.

Also: the cashier was WRONG. She either puts the q in as it was $2, Or does as a lot of Targets do: lowers the qs price to match the item's price.

& don't forget to tell the cashier, CSM, TLMs, etc: It is NOT your or My Money, it is the Manufacturers money, as that is what a coupon is: put out by either a store or manfctr., & the store or manfctrs. money that the consumer is using when a q is applied to an item. ALSO: there is typically an .08 or some other price, handling fee on ea q that the Corporate Store will get reimbursed for handling the coupon, BESIDES the FULL PRICE of the item that the q was used on.
I don't let ANY cashier, CSM, TLM, etc. get off lightly anymore. I am nice, but I make sure that I legally bring the info to light & tell them the way it is. Obviously, these people need educating on the rights/wrongs of coupon useage.

R.N.
AND
AND In Store Coupon

Avatar Pic is Eben Ice Caves, a few miles from my house.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mbpnursy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM

is rollin'
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Keep your heads up! I had a Q issue last month and wrote a letter to corp office. At the time all I received a letter from them stating the Q policy to which all my Q's followed... Well about one week later the manager of our store personally called me and asked me to explain the situation. Corp had notified them about my email! He was very apologetic and told me that ALL my Q will be welcomed and honored from now on. If a cashier or CSM doesn't... tell them to page Rick or the store manager that was on duty! ASAP! Since then I have not had ANY TROUBLES!