If You Havent Written A Check At Target B4, DONT Do It On A Weekend!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Angry If you havent written a check at Target b4, DONT do it on a weekend!

I went to Target last night... had a TON of coupons and it all went smoothly! That is, until I went to pay with a check. It was flagged (thats what the mgr told me later).
The cashier (who was nice) called her mgr over and asked her what to do. The screen said to call a three digit number. Mgr says in a rude tone "WELL CALL IT!" and storms off.
So she calls. The cs people tell her that they have to call our bank to get it verified. 15 minutes have gone by at this point. Cs comes back on and says they are trying to get ahold of our bank, please hold longer. Well, its Sunday people!! What bank is going to answer. So at this point, it has been over 30 minutes.
They come back on and repeat that they cannot get the bank to answer. Really? Wow. Who would have thought!
So cs asks to speak to DH. He gets on the phone and they tell him that they cannot verify the check so he needs to pay another way and goodbye.
He didnt get a chance to say anything.
So, cashier gets the manager back, since I asked if there was anything they could do at the store level. (I had about $120 worth of stuff and Target isnt close to our house) Mgr says "NO". Then she says that it is a random thing where some checks get flagged and when it happens on the weekends, the checks cannot be verified. So I asked what do they do? She said nothing. So I asked if it is random, can we cancel the transaction and re-ring it all up and try it again. She looked at me and was like, WOW! Good idea and they did it again AFTER she tried to run the check again. Well, DH tried to tell them that it wouldnt work now that the check was ran twice on the same transaction (used to work retail) and now our checks wouldnt go through their system.
He was right. It didnt work. Mgr looks at us and says.... so how do you want to pay for ALLL OFFFFF THISSSSSS? I said give me back my coupons we are leaving. The cashier was totally nice during it all. The mgr then was like "You mean you cant pay for this? You dont have cash or anything?"
I was so embarassed. People were looking and listening to everything now. I told the mgr "Not that it is any of YOUR business but we do not carry cash on us and our debit card is sitting by the desk where I ordered something online."

So we left and ODD cried all the way home because she didnt get her toy we were buying her. The little thing had her heart broken.... she was so excited to be getting it.

I just cannot believe they dont have an automated system for checks! The mgr said that if your check gets flagged or it is the first time you write a check there and it is the weekend, your screwed. Way to go Target! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wonder why, if the mgr knew the check couldn't be verified, then WHY have the cashier to call and make us wait so long...

Last edited by Kt&Cj'sMama; 09-22-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 AM

RE: If you havent written a check at Target b4, DONT do it on a weekend!

"They were cones!"

My Mood/Status:
klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!klarsen117 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That happened to us once after we got our tax return. The check was deposited a few days before and there was no hold on it. We went to Target to buy A LOT of stuff and this was years before I started using coupons too. Our balance was more than $200 and wrote a check so we ended up leaving it all too.
The Following User Says Thank You to klarsen117 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM

Needs to get to CVS already!
Yay! I can use expired grocery qs!!

My Mood/Status:
Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I was flagged when I wrote my first check, on a new checking account, at Target. Fortunately it was a weekday. But still what a nuisance.

The Target around here got new registers hopefully that will help.

Booooo, indeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Momtoabunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 AM

is enjoying life.
~*~Kindness Matters ~*~

My Mood/Status:
OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What a pain!! I would have left too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sincerely, Michelle

Coupon Often
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shop Well
Save Much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldTinGrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Our acct is a new one. We had used the debit card there before from that acct though. But it was the first time writing a check.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 PM

is searching for deals on AFC!
AFC User

My Mood/Status:
MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
You know, I think I'd call up their CS 800# and complain about that weekend thing. Target is such a large retailer that it astounds me they haven't gotten a boatload of complaints about the same situation you dealt with! That was a decent sized sale that they missed out on, and foolish of them to end up turning people away because of a nutball system they have in place. Maybe you'll get some kind of gift card from them at least for your troubles. Ya never know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxxMe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dear Mary,

I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to accept your check during your recent visit to Target.

There are a number of reasons our system could've declined your check. For any questions about the check authorization service we use, please give us a call. Our Check Authorizations team can be reached at (800) 827-4381.

Thanks for writing and letting us review your concerns.

Sincerely,

Kyle

Buhbye Target. You wont be missed.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:33 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That's crazy. I would have left everything too. I'm sorry that it happened to you but thanks for letting us know.
and
The Following User Says Thank You to HokieMom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMom View Post
That's crazy. I would have left everything too. I'm sorry that it happened to you but thanks for letting us know.

I didnt have a choice...

It ended up being a good thing though.... I got the Jumperoo for less somewhere else and the Playdoh kit and a few other things. So what did I do? I replied to that crap email they sent me... with a scan of my receipt from the other place.... saying thanks for being wayyy behind on the times and not accepting my check... I got it cheaper somewhere else!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kt&Cj'sMama For This Useful Post: