I Hate The Post Office

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Angry I hate the Post Office

I am fuming mad right now! I mailed a train envie off Monday. I had to pay 69 cents to mail it. I got it back today all torn up and in a seperate envie from the USPS saying "we care" and sorry for the inconvience. WHAT?! I was going crazy. I threw on some presentable clothes and drove to the PO. Small town here. They know me, I know them.

I said "I got this back today and I do not intend on paying to mail it again."

"It probably got messed up in the machines. It was too thick. You will have to pay if you want to send it again."

"If it was too think why wasn't I told that when I came in Monday to pay the extra postage?"

"It will have to go flat so it won't go through the machines. It will be a dollar."

"This is ridiclous. I am not happy about paying again!"

I paid and stormed out. I am so mad! I wrote the USPS a nasty letter a minute ago. I doubt they will do anything. I am seriously considering using UPS from now on. Even for a trade envie!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 PM

RE: I hate the Post Office

is getting a cold

My Mood/Status:
couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm sorry about that i know its crazy how the post office works i have went into the post office before knowing it will only cost .42 cents to mail but sence it was in a bigger envie i will have to pay extra.... thats what they told me..I think its just there way of getting extra money from people....

i hope you get a responce from the usps....
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmom25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a response in my email this morning from the post office. They applogized for the incident and asked for some more information from me so they could reslove the issuse and contact me. We shall see what happens next.
The Following User Says Thank You to apsufan82 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I will had to your grip...In may 2007 I sent to large boxes to Hubby's family in Mexico (pics, clothes, misc stuff) and insured each box for $50. They said it will take 4 weeks to get there and it cost $100 (I couldn't believe it I could almost fly there for that, oh and if I wanted it in 2 weeks it would be $200). So we sent it off. Two months later one box shows up on my doorstep. Undeliverable. Now this is the same address that we have sent many things to in the past. Second box doesn't show up. I go to the post office and they tell me well in order to get your $50 we need receipts for the stuff inside...weell it was used clothes (so no receipt) pics from our wedding, misc stuff from the wedding (bottled water, napkins etc). So we didn't have receipt. they said sorry nothing we can do. Then just this month 1 year 2 months later second boxes shows up on our doorstep. So that was a waste of $100 and MIL never did get any of the stuff. I will not use USmail to send anything to Mexico again. I'll book myself a ticket instead...
The Following User Says Thank You to ahernandez For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 AM

Will work for pamper points!

My Mood/Status:
marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just hate going to the post office. I used to sell handmade things on ebay and I did really well but had to constantly be at the post office sending off my packages. It is always a freakin' wait and all the do-it-yourself machines are always either not working or the postage is out. It's so frustrating. I love going to the UPS store because the older man there just pets his customers like you would not believe. Maybe you could try a mailboxes etc. type place? I know there is a mail store where the man sells packaging stuff and mails off through ups or usps and he stays in business despite being 1 block from a new post office...that pretty much sells all you need to know about the post office!;
, Hayden
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Jack
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to marbear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM

is searching for deals on AFC!

My Mood/Status:
therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Been there done that!!!!! Hope they do something for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to therbel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I got a call today from my postmaster. She applogized and said that I should not have had to pay to ship it twice and had she been there it would not have happened. She sounded very angry at the person who made me pay again. She said that her cell phone number is posted in the door and to make sure I call her if I ever have another problem.
She said she couldn't reimburse me because I had already paid and she couldn't recall the envie or anything like that. I said that was ok and thanks for calling. I'm glad I got a response!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM

is rollin'
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sburkhart has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
She could have certainly given you a few stamps to make up for that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sburkhart For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 PM

fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NoahsMomma For This Useful Post: