Has Anyone Used A Kellogg's Gas Card W Ss Gas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Has anyone used a kellogg's gas card w ss gas?

I was wondering if anyone has bought Stop and Shop gas with Kellogg's gift cards? Specifically can you use more than one at a time and can you pay for the rest of the gas with an ATM? I am wondering because one time I didn't have enough money in one account and the pump shut me off. I tried swiping another card but I lost my gas pts.
anyone try it?
"I have generally found, in my experience, that it's their own money people are most particular about. I have seen people get rid of a good deal of other people's money and bear it very well: very well indeed."- Charles Dickens
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 AM

RE: Has anyone used a kellogg's gas card w ss gas?

Holding to the ground as the ground keeps shifting

My Mood/Status:
TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have not done this myself but it might be easier to convert the Kellogg's Visa cards into a store GC. I do this whenever I get this type of rebate. Just yesterday I took a $25 Amex gift card I got as a gift and turned it into a Rite Aid GC. Often cashiers do not know how to split payments and I do not want some strange balance left at the end.

I personally would go up to customer service with a Stop & Shop GC from the GC kiosk and however many of the Kellogg's GC's you have. I got 3 yesterday so I would tell them I wanted a $15 GC and that I was using multiple cards to pay . . . At customer service they should be able to handle this. Or you could tell them you want 3 $5 Stop and Shop GC's and see if they could then combine them all onto one card to give you one for $15.

I hope that makes sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 07:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
It makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSUalum93 View Post
I have not done this myself but it might be easier to convert the Kellogg's Visa cards into a store GC. I do this whenever I get this type of rebate. Just yesterday I took a $25 Amex gift card I got as a gift and turned it into a Rite Aid GC. Often cashiers do not know how to split payments and I do not want some strange balance left at the end.

I personally would go up to customer service with a Stop & Shop GC from the GC kiosk and however many of the Kellogg's GC's you have. I got 3 yesterday so I would tell them I wanted a $15 GC and that I was using multiple cards to pay . . . At customer service they should be able to handle this. Or you could tell them you want 3 $5 Stop and Shop GC's and see if they could then combine them all onto one card to give you one for $15.

I hope that makes sense.
It makes sense but I haven't seen the cards yet. I thought you could only buy gas with them so I don't know if exchanging them would work. I guess if I bought a gas card they would probably let me. I'll try it. Thanks.
"I have generally found, in my experience, that it's their own money people are most particular about. I have seen people get rid of a good deal of other people's money and bear it very well: very well indeed."- Charles Dickens
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have one in hand On the top right the paper goes into some details:

*Take your prepaid card to a participating retail that accepts Visa.
*Inform the cashier that you would like to make a credit card purchase using your Visa Prepaid Card. Not to exceed card value.
*If the total price of your purchase exceeds the current balance on your card, pay the difference First, via another form of payment.
*Treat your Prepaid Card as cash. It cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
*Your prepaid card has a VALID THROUGH date embossed on the front of the card. Once the VALID THRU date has passed your card cannot be used.

The card itself has a Passport to Adventure logo and also states Kellogg's Promotion Card.

Instead of a name it has embossed on it "5 DOLLARS"

There is a Visa logo.

On the sheet it is attached to it says:

In big letters above the card it says:
Your $5.00 card is valid through 7/2012

It also gives more details on the sheet:

You must activate the card online through www.tpgactivations.com or by calling 1-800-671-4645 to activate.

So while it says it is for gas the card really can be used at any retailer that takes a Visa. I will probably get some $5 Rite Aid cards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
I just entered 8 more codes and wanted to share more information that I saw that I thought would be helpful to the original posters and others doing this deal:

4.4 Can I use my Gas Cash® anywhere?

Please follow these 3 instructions to use the $5 Gas Cash.

•Take your Prepaid Card to a participating retailer in the United States that accepts Visa®
•Inform the cashier that you would like to make a CREDIT CARD purchase using your Visa® Prepaid Card. Not to exceed card value.
•Do not use your card at an ATM machine or gas pump, it will not work. The card must be taken inside to an attendant for a gas purchase. The ATM machine may not return your card and it cannot be replaced.

I will also note they say it may take 90 days to receive. I sent mine in sometime around 6/15 ish. It shows that it was taken care of on 6/25 and I got the 3 I submitted for sometime last week. So the turn around time was pretty good

I just submitted for 2 more $5 cards today. My son really wants the soccer ball . . . Hmmm.

The Following User Says Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 08:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
has anyone found out if you can have more than 1 account with doing this? since it says 30 codes per account, nothing about how many per household...so just wondering, since the other deal with the UPC is limit 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
TSUalum93-These are the best posts on Gift Cards and options that I have ever seen.
Thank you so very, very much for sharing your knowledge & experience.
You saved my family alone time & money, multiplied by everyone who read this.

What a good feeling to help so many others, may it come back to you again and again.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailove View Post
has anyone found out if you can have more than 1 account with doing this? since it says 30 codes per account, nothing about how many per household...so just wondering, since the other deal with the UPC is limit 5.
I read through the fine print and it does not seem to limit per household. You do have to be at least 6 to participate -- so maybe when I max out my account (got in on some great sales with coupons and Catalinas with purchase) I will create one for my six year old and order the soccer ball for him . I know with the Kellogg's Pop Tart promo where you entered in codes it was valid for multiple household members with an age requirement of 13 or so . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post
TSUalum93-These are the best posts on Gift Cards and options that I have ever seen.
Thank you so very, very much for sharing your knowledge & experience.
You saved my family alone time & money, multiplied by everyone who read this.

What a good feeling to help so many others, may it come back to you again and again.
You made my day . . . heck my week. There is always drama here and the summer is when I can spend time going for deals (my work is related to high school schedules). Some family stuff has been really bad as of late so my motivation has been low on many fronts . . . But this has made me truly smile.

I have been doing this sort of stuff for well over a decade but everything I learned I got from others who were kind enough to share. So I thank all of those who came before me and those who assist here at AFC. I honestly pop in at a lot of forums but AFC is my home base. The deals and the folks make it easy . . .

And I wanted to mention I also believe in karma. You see I got my 3 cards last week . . . I put them away and then pulled them out to show my husband. Well I put them down and could not find them. I turned 40 last week and have tried to turn over a new leaf . . . I am not going to go crazy. I was going to find them or I was not . . . But going nuts was not going to help. I found them in the laundry pile yesterday . . . And not long after that came back to post the information on the cards.

So again thank you nowpoints . . . And everyone who makes this all not only easier but fun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post: