Gift Card Refund Machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 11:09 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

matteemat has posted more than 10 good deals
Gift Card Refund Machine

At the Giant Eagle in Columbus, Ohio - Blacklick area - there is a machine out front that you can cash in remaining balance of Gift Cards. Has anyone used them? I keep forgetting to try. I was wondering if they give a coupon you can use at Giant Eagle, or does it just spit out money?

Thanks Matteemat
The Following User Says Thank You to matteemat For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 AM

RE: Gift Card Refund Machine

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wish they had these at my stores that would be awesome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsdayday1188 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 10:14 AM

TammyH has posted more than 25 good deals
WOW! I have not heard of this. Does it have anything on the machine itself? Sometimes there will be instructions and info on how the pay-out works (I'm thinking of the coin-star machines in GE)...

TammyH

OK... just because I had some time, I googled and found this: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...sh-easily.html

Last edited by TammyH; 08-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TammyH For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Gift Card Machine

Yes, It looks like one of those coin-star machines - It is up with that and the lotto machine- I will go in and check it out and post here more info !! I seem to have little goals at GE, like learn self-check out, ask for rain-check, check for sales not listed on GE site, etc !!! I'm sure they must hate it when they see me coming and asking for help ....Thanks everyone !!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 AM

Thanks to TammyH post on the Gift Card Machine - ALULA kiosk - I found this web site that walks you through under "How It Works" - alula.com
I will post after trying it out !!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:15 AM

TammyH has posted more than 25 good deals
Cool! Let us know how it goes.

TammyH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TammyH For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM

Update Cashing in Low Balance Gift Cards

Checked out Alula Gift Card Refund kiosk at Giant Eagle today. Very disappointed.. It only refunds cards with $20 or more available balances.

I have lots of Visa Gift Cards (from Giant Eagle) - I try to buy one when I get paid and use them for fast food, vending machines, etc to keep the heat and all those little transactions off my bank/debit card. This is working out great because I get Get Go gas FuelPerks. But I end up with gift cards with low available balances, usually around a dollar.

I got online today and cashed all my old cards in at Amazon.com. I really like Amazon - I bought Amazon gift cards for myself (just bought an Amazon card for each old gift card, paid with old gift card, sent to my email, added each of the new cards in Amazon -now I have available balance at Amazon and used every cent off the old gift cards !!). It allows you to even get a card/credit with 25 cents !! It is a little time consuming, but worth it....

-Matteemat
Old 08-13-2013, 12:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
do they charge a fee to do this??? like give you 75% of value or something?

Working mommy to 5yr old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 2

and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 PM

Update Charge for Gift Card Refund

Looks like the Alula (gift card refund kiosk) at GE does charge to refund the gift cards. Check the previous links to Alula web site.

Amazon doesn't- the remaining gift card balance transfers to Amazon Gift Balance without charge (but must be visa/mc, not specific food/store gift cards)

Maybe Alula will change and adapt, but I don't think they are going to catch-on since they charge for the service and have required $20 card minimum. Who knows ...

-Matteemat