Why Did You Choose Your DrugStore?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Why Did You Choose Your DrugStore?

Just curious... If you are primarily drug-store loyal, with the exception of taking a few really good deals you couldn't pass up, at another... why did you choose one drugstore over another? What makes your drugstore better than another?

I am Walgreen's loyal... wondering what everyone else is, and why?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RachelArsenal For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 PM

RE: Why Did You Choose Your DrugStore?

My Mood/Status:
brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brgnshpr has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm WAGs loyal because it's what we have in town and in the surrounding area. CVS is 2-3 hours north and south of me and Rite Aid is 2-3 hours north. :-( :-( I've never had the pleasure to work deals in any other drug store.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using AFullCup
Old 04-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Grounded for Life

RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgnshpr View Post
I'm WAGs loyal because it's what we have in town and in the surrounding area. CVS is 2-3 hours north and south of me and Rite Aid is 2-3 hours north. :-( :-( I've never had the pleasure to work deals in any other drug store.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using AFullCup
So, by necessity?

If it makes you feel any better, I have the choice of all three, and still choose Walgreen's.

It seems CVS is better for makeup, and for pantry items, but I don't wear makeup and we don't really do much processed foods, so I don't take advantage of those deals when they pop up. Most of the time, the makeup works out free somehow, but I can't ever bring myself to buy it even though it's free. Doesn't seem like a good charitable donation.

I did grab three boxes of free Cheerios this week, though.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I cannot tell a lie, I do all 3 CVS, Rite Aid, and Wags, and in that order. The way I see it a deal is a deal no matter where you go. I will admit I had trouble adjusting to the point system at wags so I didn't go there for quite some time. But I am getting used to it, and kind of like it now. CVS by far with store Q's CRT's, %off Q's, deal of the day, cash cards when they do them etc. I feel is the best! If it were not for CVS I would not be able to try expensive products I would never buy otherwise.
Rite aid can have some good MM's and the occasional DD. Doesn't happen now as much as it used to, but I like Rite Aid. Plus my rite aids seem to always have good stock. Now that I ahve said that out loud this will be the week I don't find something.
Wags can be frustrating sometimes, but like I said if the deal is there I will go and put the effort in. Plus I am a sucker for there clearance.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Coupon addict in the house!

My Mood/Status:
boygeniusandme has posted more than 400 great deals!boygeniusandme has posted more than 400 great deals!boygeniusandme has posted more than 400 great deals!boygeniusandme has posted more than 400 great deals!boygeniusandme has posted more than 400 great deals!
I love me some RA. I have about 13 RAs that are within my everyday commute to work/kid's school. When I have a bunch of coupons and a great deal to be had, this makes things easier.
Walgreens are very hard to find near me... I have 2 moderately close. Their points system confuses me.
CVS there are a few of these, but I have yet to try couponing there.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I do CVS but it is because of convenience, WAGS seems to be a pita with their point system and I can not figure it out. I just learned of a RA that is on an alternate route home so i may try them...
I also do target and walmart to fill the gaps and shop at aldi's for food stuff that isn't too bad for us (we try to stay away from HFCS and things we can not pronounce)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterburyk9 View Post
I do CVS but it is because of convenience, WAGS seems to be a pita with their point system and I can not figure it out. I just learned of a RA that is on an alternate route home so i may try them...
I also do target and walmart to fill the gaps and shop at aldi's for food stuff that isn't too bad for us (we try to stay away from HFCS and things we can not pronounce)
WAGs points system actually works in your favor since you can use RR to pay for items that get BR, BR to pay for items that get you RR, etc. I've found it means more things are on sale any given week.

CVS, I hate ECB system. Stops spitting out the good stuff once you reach a certain limit.

RA, not a fan of their 6 am rule, makes it hard for me to roll through in the same week, but I'm quickly becoming a fan of their other member rewards.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jhnicole has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Cvs.Love the coupon machine/ price checker.Love the ecbs,tear pads,blinkies.They give you free stuff with qs all the time.Email qs every week or so.Beauty club,birthday, quarterly ecbs.My store rocks! once when i was shopping they let me use the bathroom .clearance is crazy i luv cvs clearance esp diaper clearance.They have savingstar just so many ways to save there.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
kaort79 has posted more than 100 good deals!kaort79 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Rite Aid! I have Walgreens & CVS as well, but there are more Rite Aids in my area. I hate the limits at CVS. I used to love Walgreens, but I just can't figure out the rewards card so you'll only see me in there if there is a good deal when I can easily roll RR.

I still do great at Rite Aid, I've been able to easily adjust to their changes over the years.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM

Grounded for Life

akcq has posted more than 25 good deals
Was a cvs junkie but deals started to be more sporadic so I went more with rite aid. But I do hit all three, Walgreens is my least favorite. Too many rules and the one coupon per item limit is stupid especially when they have store coupons.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcq View Post
Was a cvs junkie but deals started to be more sporadic so I went more with rite aid. But I do hit all three, Walgreens is my least favorite. Too many rules and the one coupon per item limit is stupid especially when they have store coupons.
Not sure which rule you mean, since you can still stack MFQs with WAGQs.
The Following User Says Thank You to RachelArsenal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
acctangel has posted more than 100 good deals!acctangel has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm starting with CVS and Rite Aid (leaning more towards Rite Aid). Love the video values and they are open 24 hours by my house (everyone else closes at 10). Walgreens is my least favorite. Too much hassle .....
Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM

lunarkitty24 has posted more than 1 good deal
I am Rite Aid loyal. There are four in my area. There are CVS and Wags all over the place too, but it was love at first sight with RA. Walgreens is a distant second and CVS barely hits my radar. It could be because the CVS closest to me is so dirty looking and dark.

What got me hooked to RA was their point system. I'm 300+ points away from being a gold member .
Old 05-19-2013, 09:09 PM

cnshiflett
I've only been couponing for two months but I can honestly say I much prefer CVS and RA over WG just because for a newbie, or to this one anyway, their system is so confusing!!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM

ISO LOTION ACTUALS TRADES
Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
RA is my first choice as I have been shopping at one store for 16 yrs. Now the store has moved twice but still with a couple miles of my house. The employees treat me like family. Next door is a Wags and is my second choice. CVS is complicated but I have gotten some amazing free deals there.

I chose RA because in 1995 I was in a car wreck and the pharmacist took care of me. I was scared hurt and not understanding my meds. In 1999 I was in an equally horrible car wreck and again Larry took care of me. Then I got real sick and found out I was allergic to everything and Larry helped me sort through it all. Larry just retired but he trained Vish and and now Vish and his staff take care of 12 of 13 meds. The last is at CVS because of a brand need with less corn in it. They took care of scared girl who was very sick and followed a sick scared woman so RA will always be my first choice but money is as important as family and WAGS clearance is amazing. CVS can make you a ton of money if you like math at college level .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kristran80 has posted more than 50 good deals
I started out As a newbie at wags before the whole points thing but now I prefer cvs. It's pretty straight forward and I personally believe they have better deals than wags now. Here we only have cvs and wags.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM

kreed2312 has posted more than 150 good deals!kreed2312 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have got walgreens down but am terrified of cvs I'd love some advice as a cvs beginner
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 AM

o

My Mood/Status:
cookiebakerz has posted more than 400 great deals!cookiebakerz has posted more than 400 great deals!cookiebakerz has posted more than 400 great deals!cookiebakerz has posted more than 400 great deals!cookiebakerz has posted more than 400 great deals!
When I started couponing I favored Rite-aid; it's pretty easy to figure out the deals. I couldn't wrap my brain around CVS and I am a math major. I finally figured out CVS; it took a while! CVS is amazing with all the cvs red machine qs and % off and multi stacking so it's my new favorite. The staff knows me by name and I got some of them to coupon too now.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Clippinmamma has posted more than 25 good deals
I have not been couponing very long but I have found that I love CVS for certain items!! I get quite a few good ECBs. I think they are cheaper and have better deals than Wags and we don't have a RA anywhere close. I also am confused when it comes to Wags so CVS is my store!!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've only been at this about two months but I'm getting really good at CVS and to borrow a term used by another poster, it's been love at first sight. There is a Walgreens within walking distance and I have a card to use there but do not understand their different rewards systems and they are always changing things around. There is no RA here or in central FL (we are relocating next month) so I can't compare that one. CVS has a lot going on but that just means more ways to save and stacking all the different coupons and offers has given me a lot less to pay OOP, which to me is the point of doing this in the first place.

I mostly do CVS but I have always loved Target and go there a couple times a week, and when I have to do full grocery shopping, I do some matchups for Walmart and do a huge trip to get everything I need maybe once a month (incl health and beauty and baby). Can't wait to have a Publix to shop at again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM

cristinalv has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm Cvs loyal, the cashiers are nice , the deals are great, I get a lot of store coupons in the red machine and by email and sometimes even in the regular mail, I get rewards for buying beauty items, I have a lot Extra Bucks to roll and just pay tax (and you can have more coupons than items not like Walgreens ) the don't have a limit in how many extra bucks you can use, I found it much better that Wags and we don't have RA here or other big drug stores .
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM

AZcouponer61 has posted more than 300 great deals!AZcouponer61 has posted more than 300 great deals!AZcouponer61 has posted more than 300 great deals!AZcouponer61 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am loyal to CVS because of the awesome deals they have/ecbs and coupons from the coupon machine!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM

sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sheillagh has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I chose CVS because they have great sales coupled with % Q's, mailers, CVS Q's, and of course ECB's! Plus there's no confusing point system to learn or keep track of. Lastly, the cvs I shop at has the most awesome coupon friendly cashier...love ya Tina!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was completely loyal to Rite Aid and before I took my break it was the only drug store I shopped at. During Easter I had a horrible experience with their customer service when attempting to return something non-coupon related and decided to boycott them for life. They robbed me so I'll stick it to them right back.

We really only have 2 drug stores in the area, the other is Walgreens. I'm new to them but have been really happy with how great the cashiers are, how good the service is and how friendly everyone is. I've even had cashiers go out of their way to provide me information on specific deals. I think I'll be sticking to Walgreens from here on out, the ones around me are wonderful.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
autumn85257 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I'm a true fan of Cvs..but after moving to NY I don't have any here. I'm learning Rite aid and returning to my second drug store of choice Walgreens. Oh how I miss the q's from CVS. Especially the percentage off email.