Why Did You Choose Your DrugStore?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 PM

RE: Why Did You Choose Your DrugStore?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheillagh View Post
I chose CVS because they have great sales coupled with % Q's, mailers, CVS Q's, and of course ECB's! Plus there's no confusing point system to learn or keep track of. Lastly, the cvs I shop at has the most awesome coupon friendly cashier...love ya Tina!
I favor CVS for the reasons you posted! I also split my drug store shopping at Rite Aid b/c it is on the way home and close to one of my favorite Publix stores.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 PM

kyliemurphy007 has posted more than 10 good deals
I am Walgreen's loyal also and it is only because of the decent customer service that i get there...i spend a bit of time in Europe and find that the CS there is nothing like home!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyliemurphy007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Grounded for Life

1couponoholic has posted more than 50 good deals
I love wags and CVS both. I only have good things to say about both. But, at the end of the day, what counts is how much money I am "saving" and what I am getting for these savings.
I prefer CVS's system of mfr sponsored ecbs over wags system of points coupon booklet and this and that. I go for simplicity and CVS "earns" my business for the simplicity factor.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1couponoholic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 12:44 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have no other choice but WAG, with their great customer service in all stores I go to. Sometime later this year, CVS will open in my town and if they have great CS like WAG, I might be spending lots of time there.

WAG will always be my first love but I can't lie that my eyes are on CVS and dreaming of a new 'affair' with it. In essence, I like this upcoming competition and see if they'll outdo each other in offers to get my business. I hope more CVS opens around here.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 02:37 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I shop all three. Usually one is hotter, one is colder and one is average! it does seem to change every few months but typically my store rewards bankroll at cvs is largest, then ra, then wags. We have way more cvs and ra than wags so it is easier to get more at those two store, well, up to the limits anyway.

I do like the wags points system. The main advantage of that is the longer time you have to use them. I always struggled to use the rr in 2 weeks, when I stopped shopping wags for a bit it was because I couldn't get an even roll every 2 weeks and my oop was climbing higher and higher. With the newer points system you don't have to worry about rolling your store rewards if you can convert them all into points and that has been pretty easy to do for the seven of so months I've been back to wags. I basically do the mmers, convert to points if necessary, then horde the points until I need to buy something. I have cashed out some of my points to rebate monies as well. I am actually at a positive oop for wags so far this year after rebates.

At cvs the math can get complicated but the deals with the complicated math are usually awesome. And, hey, at least you are using that algebra for something! Plus I can get viggle gift cards to cvs. That means I am not really paying taxes out of pocket and allows for a true $0 oop for all the good I take home.

Ra was my first so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I really pared down after they got rid of the scr rebate program. I really do like getting to cash some of my store rewards into rebates and get real money back. That significantly lowered my oop and made it easier to justify paying tax on mmer items that I maybe didn't really need. With that program gone I have decided it is just easier to keep a smaller bankroll so I have less to worry about rolling!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
WAGS all the way! They have loyally served my family for over 20 years and have always been extremely helpful, nice, and enthusiastic towards coupon shopping. No matter where we have lived in the US, we have always been able to locate near a WAGS. They have helped us find medication, medical solutions, pharmaceutical alternatives, medical equipment at great prices. Traveling cross country and knowing my family's pharmaceutical history is immediately available is priceless. And the cashiers and managers are extremely helpful; they will even let me know if it is better to split the transaction. I love them even more now that they have points!

RA They have deals on items found no where else in town. The people are nice, but sometimes the good deals are gone by the time I shop. When we reach gold or silver levels, it gets even better.

CVS The limits are too low for my family. The stores refuse to let you return items even with a receipt. CVS managers harass me for using Coupons.com IPs. And, they constantly bombard me with paper, emails, etc.
!

Last edited by ReuschHome; 05-12-2014 at 08:23 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 07:49 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuschHome
WAGS all the way! They have loyally served my family for over 20 years and have always been extremely helpful, nice, and enthusiastic towards coupon shopping. No matter where we have lived in the US, we have always been able to locate near a WAGS. They have helped us find medication, medical solutions, pharmaceutical alternatives, medical equipment at great prices. Traveling cross country and knowing my family's pharmaceutical history is immediately available is priceless. And the cashiers and managers are extremely helpful; they will even let me know if it is better to split the transaction. I love them even more now that they have points! RA They have deals on items found no where else in town. The people are nice, but sometimes the good deals are gone by the time I shop. When we reach gold or silver levels, it gets even better. CVS The limits are too low for my family. The stores refuse to let you return items even with a receipt. CVS managers harass me for using Coupons.com IPs. And, they constantly bombard me with paper, emails, etc.
I have a heck of a time doing returns at any of the three if I have a low oop. For each store I just choose my friendliest one and give it a try anymore. I avoid returns unless the loss is too much for me to absorb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 AM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have not had issues with returns at RiteAid lately or Walgreens. We also have 2 other local drugstores here, Fruth and Custom Scripts. So, I have 4 drugstores [to not shop CVS], not including Walmart, Target, Kmart, and Kroger.

I live in an area where within 30 miles we have at least ONE of everything you'd need. But everything is at least 5 miles away.
!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:52 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I like my WAG because they still accommodate reasonable special order requests. It pays to establish good relationship and rapport with store management. Even if they can't fill my full order, they always come up with at least 50% and that is more than enough for me. For this reason, I've always been easy to praise and submit raving feedback to DMs and if there's any problem, I go straight to SMs who are grateful I brought it to them first before emailing the DM or calling corporate.

I hope to establish the same relationship with CVS.

The main reason I've continued to use coupons even if I have found other avenues to save is because of good rapport with all stores. I consider it a blessing that people where I live are generally easy to deal with and friendly.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 09:04 AM

Fivemile has posted more than 50 good deals
CVS is my favorite. Pretty much for the reasons already mentioned - using mfr q's stacked with red machine q's and ECB's. Plus, it always seems that CVS is close to me.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:21 AM

Jackson666 has posted more than 5 good deals
Havemail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelArsenal View Post
Just curious... If you are primarily drug-store loyal, with the exception of taking a few really good deals you couldn't pass up, at another... why did you choose one drugstore over another? What makes your drugstore better than another?

I am Walgreen's loyal... wondering what everyone else is, and why?
Thanks for ask this queston, i also want to know the answer