Coupons For Borax And Fels Naptha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
mrs. lenne

My Mood/Status:
mrslenne has posted more than 100 good deals!mrslenne has posted more than 100 good deals!
Cashpile coupons for borax and fels naptha

For laundry, I have been wanting to make our own soap
2 cups washing soda
2 cups borax
1 bar soap Fels Naptha or Ivory
one? Buttttt... DH isn't convinced yet, that it is worth it.

So, instead I have been using vinegar to pre soak, baking soda to was, lemon juice to rinse, and a small ball of foil (sometimes with essential oil dropped on, sometimes without) in the dryer. Let me tell you, this has done wonders for our budget, and our clothes.

Buttt.... I still want to try the homemade soap so I heard a rumor that you could call this number 1-800-258-3425 and request home mailer coupons for Borax and and Fels Naptha.

So..... I did. I talked to a really nice lady who took my information like pro and told me it would be 7-10 business days, and that I could call and ask for more every 6 months or so.

Not real sure how much they'll be for, but these items aren't too expensive as it is, and I will be sure to update this post when I do get them in the mail.

Oh yeah, you can make your own dishwasher detergent as well, BUT I think I will stick with my vinegar detergent and rinse aid. My dishes are cleaner than ever, so is my dishwasher, even pots and pans are sterling again! Bye-bye hard water, white stuff that wouldn't come off and ta-ta stinky old Rubbermaids! You've been owned!!

Vinegar, I swear by it!

I'll let you know how the laundry goes
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrslenne For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM

RE: coupons for borax and fels naptha

My Mood/Status:
schmutzen has posted more than 50 good deals
Thank's for the phone number, I will call too.... I use this stuff for years for my own laundry det.
are you using vinegar to wash your dishes....what else you use, can you share...!?
The Following User Says Thank You to schmutzen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM

mrs. lenne

My Mood/Status:
mrslenne has posted more than 100 good deals!mrslenne has posted more than 100 good deals!
Cashpile

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmutzen View Post
Thank's for the phone number, I will call too.... I use this stuff for years for my own laundry det.
are you using vinegar to wash your dishes....what else you use, can you share...!?
Glad I could help

How does your laundry det. work out, I'm assuming well since you've been using it for years.

I actually only use warm water and a sponge to clean out the dishes unless they're really nasty, then I do spray them vinegar and let them sit (it also disinfects wooden utensils and cutting boards). It is obviously much cheaper than Dawn and actually works better IMO. I do have Gain dish soap, that I use rarely, that's lasted me for nearly 6 months now .

I just fill up our rinse aid cup, our pre wash cup and our regular wash cup with the vinegar and then run the dishwasher!

Some other tips I'd offer off the top of my head is that anytime you peel a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, lime, cali cutie) put the peel in your garbage disposable. Haven't really paid attention to how long it lasts, but if you do this, the next time you run your disposable, you will get a nice citrus sent - or a nice nuteral/nothing scent coming from it. If it stinks real bad, pour some baking soda or vinegar down there - leave it for a while and run some HOT water with it.

I also use lemons to shine my sink the first time I did this, I realized it was removing stuff from my sink that I thought was just "on there"... even got the grime out of the letter imprints from the disposable manufacturer.

When I'm done with our dishes, I spray vinegar on the counter and wipe with a microfiber cloth. Anything, ANYTHING that may be stuck on, let it sit for a few minutes and it will come right off! Vinegar also cleans toddler marks off the wall (crayon, stickers, etc.)

In the bathroom, I use it on our mirrors (also on glass door) and instead of paper towels, I use a ripped news paper piece (I keep them all when I get the Sunday inserts) and NO STREAKS! I use it to disinfect the counters, toilet and bathtub daily, as well as door handles.

Yeah, our apartment sometimes smells like white distilled vinegar (I don't dilute, but you can with half water) but once the smell dissipates, I know all is well and it smells better than whatever my neighbor's are doing/failing to do next door (yuck).

Remember, clean doesn't have to be toxic, expensive, or "smell good"....

:0 hope I helped just a little bit. I will mention more as I can recall it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrslenne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM

StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Did you receive the coupons in the mail yet? If so, how much did they send? I would like to make the laundry soap also. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Curious to hear if you received them as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mee too!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM

hasn't found any good deals lately
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Has anyone else called?

Kroger (Dillons)... Southwest Region
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM

natuman has posted more than 75 good deals!
Thanks! Going to try this out
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
tel:1-888-468-6673

I called and requested! Will let you know when I receive!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to courtney3636 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Ready for Vacation !

My Mood/Status:
phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
calling today.Thanks so much.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM

hasn't found any good deals lately
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Called today

They are sending me cleaning instructions for products and coupons

Kroger (Dillons)... Southwest Region
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 AM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
Received my coupons!!! .50/1 borax and .25/1 fels naphtha
The Following User Says Thank You to courtney3636 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM

I'm walking on sunshine...

My Mood/Status:
anndei has posted more than 100 good deals!anndei has posted more than 100 good deals!
woohoo!! I'm calling today! Can't believe my laundry detergent is gonna be even cheaper, I didn't think that would be possible!!!