How To Clean Microfiber Couches Originally Posted By Dominochic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
How to Clean Microfiber Couches originally posted by Dominochic

originally posted by Dominochic

This is another idea I'm borrowing from Pinterest. I did this with my own microfiber couches and was blown away with how well it works! I copied and pasted what she said in her original post. (Here is the original site if you would like to check it out (she also has pictures!): Chris and Robin's Nest: How to Clean Microfiber Furniture)

While microfiber is stain resistant, it can be a real challenge to clean because it's a polyester-based material so water will leave a permanent mark when it dries. That means most carpet and upholstery cleaners won't work.

Step 1: Vacuum with a brush attachment to remove any hair/crumbs/etc

Step 2: Spray rubbing alcohol onto the dirty area. This sounds a bit crazy, but it's key. The alcohol won't saturate the fabric and evaporates much quicker than water so it won't leave a mark. Just test in an inconspicuous spot if you're worried about colorfastness.

Step 3: Rub vigorously with a clean scrub sponge. Make sure the scrubbing surface is white or the color could transfer.

Step 4: Let the area dry completely.

Step 5: Rub with a clean, soft scrub brush in a circular motion. Again, be sure to use a brush with white bristles to avoid discoloration. This step fluffs up the surface of the fabric to make it soft again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 PM

RE: How to Clean Microfiber Couches originally posted by Dominochic

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I saw that on Pinterest, too. I don't have a microfiber sofa but I tried it on my sofa, anyway. It worked pretty well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pudding For This Useful Post: