What Frugal Thing Did You Do Today?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 12:56 AM

RE: What frugal thing did you do today?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Life is good!

2015 YTD Savings: $9370
My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Read health benefits of only eating Vegetable Oils cold & heating/cooking only with Animal fat. Apparently, high heat Veg. Oils cause body inflammation.
"FATWORKS" @ Amazon is $20/8oz for Chicken, Pork & Beef fats.

-Made my own Chicken Schmaltz for the first time for pan frying.
Used 5 Whole Chickens @ $0.49/lb one at a time in the Crockpot, 2 hrs for each to cook on high, one right after the other, poaching in the same hot water to the top of Crockpot for Chickens #1-5. Skimmed & poured through a metal Coffee strainer & chilled the fat. Re-melted to portion out in ice-cube trays for freezer.
The concentrated broth from 5 Chickens was new to me, so good. Froze the broth for sauteeing & the bones for a later Bone Broth.

-Found a new uncured, low salt Bacon $1.49/lb from Canada at Grocery Outlet to reuse the fat for cooking.
Cooked Bacon on medium-low for an hour so no burnt bits & it rendered a lot of fat. No Nitrates/Nitrites, cured with only Celery Salt.

Now I need to read how long the fats will keep in the fridge, has anyone done this & know?

Last edited by nowpoints; 12-29-2016 at 01:47 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 05:27 AM

I Love Coupons

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
DH received a lot of food baskets for Christmas. We have been trying to eat the cheese, crackers, meats and fruits. We have shared some of the excess because there was more than we could use. Free Food = Frugal
The Following User Says Thank You to treasurehouse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 05:29 AM

I Love Coupons

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post
Read health benefits of only eating Vegetable Oils cold & heating/cooking only with Animal fat. Apparently, high heat Veg. Oils cause body inflammation.
"FATWORKS" @ Amazon is $20/8oz for Chicken, Pork & Beef fats.

-Made my own Chicken Schmaltz for the first time for pan frying.
Used 5 Whole Chickens @ $0.49/lb one at a time in the Crockpot, 2 hrs for each to cook on high, one right after the other, poaching in the same hot water to the top of Crockpot for Chickens #1-5. Skimmed & poured through a metal Coffee strainer & chilled the fat. Re-melted to portion out in ice-cube trays for freezer.
The concentrated broth from 5 Chickens was new to me, so good. Froze the broth for sauteeing & the bones for a later Bone Broth.

-Found a new uncured, low salt Bacon $1.49/lb from Canada at Grocery Outlet to reuse the fat for cooking.
Cooked Bacon on medium-low for an hour so no burnt bits & it rendered a lot of fat. No Nitrates/Nitrites, cured with only Celery Salt.

Now I need to read how long the fats will keep in the fridge, has anyone done this & know?
I have not stored the fats myself but, I remember as a child my grandmother doing this and she stored them a long time in the refrigerator. Could you google this for an answer?
The Following User Says Thank You to treasurehouse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 PM

smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We use A LOT of Ziploc bags - gallon size and quart size at our house. I try stocking up on 12/26 when most of the stores put their holiday ones on clearance. This year I found a free booklet at our grocery stores that had coupons for Ziploc brand bags so I was very excited to hit the stores but I wasn't able to find a single box of bags.
Sunday, I went to Kmart and found a deal where their Smart Sense brand items were giving back 100% in points AND their bags were on sale for $2 a box any size. I got 5 boxes of gallon sized storage bags (70 ct) and 5 boxes of quart sized storage bags (80 ct) and paid $21.10 oop($20 + 1.10 tax). I then got 5 boxes of gallon sized freezer bags (50 ct) and 5 boxes of quart sized freezer bags (65 ct) - using the $20 points I earned from the first transaction. So for $21.10 I got 20 boxes of bags - which averages $0.016 per bag.

The deal of 100% back in points doesn't end until the end of January so I might do it again when I get paid again if they are still on sale for $2 a box any size. Also, the 100% back in points is good on all Smart Sense products so I think when I get paid again I will stock up on aluminum foil, paper plates and such - things that I normally don't get at a discount (as long as those items aren't overpriced from what I normally pay).

I have 20 year old twin sons - 1 lives at home with us but keeps telling me he's going to be moving out soon with a couple of his friends. The other one lives with his best friend in the bf's parents basement but the bf's pregnant gf has moved in so I'm pretty sure that son will be moving back in soon. I've decided to start a house warming box for each of the boys for when they move out on their own (stuff for bathroom, kitchen, etc). My goal is to spend $40 a month ($20 for each kid).

Last week Sears had quite a few items that were giving back 100% points. I wasn't able to go until I got paid on 12/30, which was the last day of the deal so it was kind of picked over. I was able to get 4 bathtowels ($4.99 each), 4 handtowels ($3.99 each) and 2 8pks of wash clothes ($4.74) for $41 (I also had a coupon). I then went to Kmart and got 8 bathtowels ($2.99 each) and 8 handtowels ($2.49 each) and used my earned points from Sears and surprise points Kmart gave me for $0 oop. I got pretty basic/neutral colors - white, tan, grey. They are boys so I don't think they are really going to care about the colors of their bathroom.

Jan - $41 A (6 bathtowels, 6 handtowels, 8 washcloths)
B (6 bathtowels, 6 handtowels, 8 washcloths)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaustin
We use A LOT of Ziploc bags - gallon size and quart size at our house. I try stocking up on 12/26 when most of the stores put their holiday ones on clearance. This year I found a free booklet at our grocery stores that had coupons for Ziploc brand bags so I was very excited to hit the stores but I wasn't able to find a single box of bags. Sunday, I went to Kmart and found a deal where their Smart Sense brand items were giving back 100% in points AND their bags were on sale for $2 a box any size. I got 5 boxes of gallon sized storage bags (70 ct) and 5 boxes of quart sized storage bags (80 ct) and paid $21.10 oop($20 + 1.10 tax). I then got 5 boxes of gallon sized freezer bags (50 ct) and 5 boxes of quart sized freezer bags (65 ct) - using the $20 points I earned from the first transaction. So for $21.10 I got 20 boxes of bags - which averages $0.016 per bag. The deal of 100% back in points doesn't end until the end of January so I might do it again when I get paid again if they are still on sale for $2 a box any size.
I don't do a lot at Kmart. Did you get points back from your second freezer bag Trxn? Or does it not roll? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:29 AM

smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
I don't do a lot at Kmart. Did you get points back from your second freezer bag Trxn? Or does it not roll? Thanks.
It doesn't roll so no points back on the second transaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 PM

It's the stuff that dreams are made of....

My Mood/Status:
noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My local 99c store gets deliveries of bakery outlet bread, but not consistently.
I was going to stop by to check but realized I should call first. No bread = no extra miles = no extra time = frugal!

Returned some gifts that my youngest won't use and had the option to get cash instead of store credit so will put the money aside for when she needs something.

Enjoying lots of movies from the library for free entertainment.

Resisted the urge for takeout several times this week and used up odds and ends instead!
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Daughter found a recipe that she fell in love with and was so excited to make for us. She came over after she got off work yesterday and made us Tamale Pie. It was delish and not something that I have ever heard of before (cornbread, corn, enchilada sauce, shredded chicken and cheese). We had all the ingredients at the house so no OOP for a new recipe. It had just gotten done when I got home from work.

Kmart has been loading me up with surprise points lately. In the last 2 weeks I have gotten:
$10/10 jewelry - got myself a new watch for $0.99
$7/7 clothing - got son sweat pants for $0.18
$7/7 clothing - got son sweat pants for $0.18
$10/10 clothing - got husband 2 big and tall hoodies for $4
$10/10 clothing - got daughter tank top and yoga pants for $0

Resisted the urge to go couponing Sunday with my mom. Lots of gas money saved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2017, 12:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My family enjoyed several movies from the library this weekend! I love the library!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Being extra frugal this month with food, & finding new uses for food scraps.

-Made Potato Salad using the Heinz Mustard Q instead of my usual French's Mustard. Heinz is too "Vinegar-y", & can't use the same ratio, it almost ruined it.

-Saved the potato peelings, squeeze-dried them on my favorite, indestructible 18 y/o IKEA tea towels (12/$10) & fried them in homemade Schmaltz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2017, 01:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post
Being extra frugal this month with food, & finding new uses for food scraps.

-Made Potato Salad using the Heinz Mustard Q instead of my usual French's Mustard. Heinz is too "Vinegar-y", & can't use the same ratio, it almost ruined it.

-Saved the potato peelings, squeeze-dried them on my favorite, indestructible 18 y/o IKEA tea towels (12/$10) & fried them in homemade Schmaltz.

I just saw something on the cooking channel where they slice the skins into strips and fry them to use in place of tortilla strips on salads, etc!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM

I have gotten a a few more free shop your way surprise points from Kmart.

$10/10 clothing - got hubby 10pk socks (9.49). hated wasting $0.51
$5/5 shoes - got myself a pair of black slip on shoes (5.99) for $0.99
$7/7 clothing - got twins each a pair of sweats for 4.99. used built up points I have gotten from doing the sweeps last 2 weeks to cover the $2.98. (I normally average $2-3 per week on sweeps)

Hoping I continue to get these free surprise points. Son's best friend is having a baby this summer so need to buy baby gifts once I hear the gender.

I've been talking shop your way up to my daughter and she finally went and signed herself up for a card. She's had it for about 2 weeks and has already gotten free surprise points: $15/15 storewide / $4/4 storewide / $8/8 clothing. Hopefully she didn't forget and let them expire.

There have been some crazy cereal deals going on the past 2 weeks at the grocery stores. Last week was GM cereal on sale for $1.49 and most of the boxes had peelie coupons on them for $1.05 off 1 cereal. This week Kelloggs cereal is on sale for $1.25 and there are peelie coupons on them for $1 off 2 boxes of cereal and $2 off milk when you buy 2 cereals. I've been getting 2 boxes of cereal and 1/2 gal milk. Cereal x2 ($2.50) + milk (2.15) = 4.65 - 1/2 cereal - 2/1 milk = 1.65 for 2 boxes cereal and 1/2 gal milk. The twin that still lives with me loves cereal - 1 box lasts him maybe 2 days.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:05 PM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
Unexpected good news.
Consumer Cellular sent me an email today, reducing our Cellphone bill $20 per month.
Not a promo, nor do we need to do anything. We just paid by phone on time for 6 months.

We joined thru AARP in 9/16 with the unlimited minutes for 2 flip top phones for $50/mo., now $30. Printed the email with our acct # for hard copy to be safe.
The site still has the higher price, this is a blessing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2017, 01:06 PM

Worked from home all week except for today so savings of almost a full tank of gas.

Became Shop Your Way VIP so got a coupon for $4.99 oil change at Sears.

Haven't felt good (caught a cold) so have stayed home nights and last weekend so no shopping and no gas used (except for going to Sears to get my oil changed).

Hubby is going to a Superbowl party and offered to bring food. Thankfully he wants to bring food that we already have at home so no shopping. Pulled Pork, Ham, Cheesy corn and baked beans. Hopefully there will be leftovers that he will remember to bring home for me! Or I might have to skim so off the top before he goes.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
New things I'm learning to make homemade~
I found a new tip online how to make my own Washing Soda used in the Dry Laundry Soap Recipe on Michelle Duggar's website using Borax and Fels Naptha with Arm & Hammer Washing Soda.

Homemade Washing Soda~
*Just heat DRY Baking Soda alone in a stainless steel pan on medium for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Keep kitchen fan on high, don't leave stove unattended. Must not brown.This changes the chemicals in the Baking Soda to a Washing Soda. Cool, use as replacement. Do not use on ceramic or Teflon pans.

I buy 13lbs/$8.99 of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda @ Costco for homemade cleaning products.
Arm & Hammer Washing Soda is 3lbs/$6.99 at my local store.

Last edited by nowpoints; 02-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The weather is beautiful here in Chicago so we celebrated with a no spend day!

-Walked to the library this morning.
-Hit the playground on the way home.
-Played some 4 square, tennis and catch with kids when we finally got home.
-Grilled out some things we had in the freezer
-our grocery had a nickel and dime produce sale this past week. I picked up 8 lemons for .80 and made fresh squeezed lemonade to go with our dinner!
-kids are still out riding bikes

We are getting so spoiled with this weather in February but I'll take it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2017, 09:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
This weekend I hit Wags and CVS.....at Wags I got gloves, hats, and socks for .19 to .39 cents....got 15 boxes of valentines with 16 pencils each.....will use all these in my shoeboxes in November....At one CVS I got 2 copper mugs for $3.50.....they were 75% off...(next cvs they were only 33% off)....will use for my grandson's Christmas gift...I also picked up 14 bars of Dial soap for a little over $5....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bookwormpeg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 01:32 PM

This weekend I wanted to go out to dinner at a BBQ restaurant. Hubby talked me into staying home and grilling. We went to the grocery store because I was really craving ribs and we didn't have any in the freezer. We couldn't find any on sale so we just decided to cook what we had in the freezer. He grilled up steaks and chicken breast (smothered in bbq sauce for me!), I made cheesy corn and while at the store we bought potato salad and a bag of cheap frozen fries. Best dinner I've had in a long long time. Cost at restaurant for 4(twins were home) - min $70 / Cost for dinner at home - $5. Plus we had enough leftovers that 2 of us ate it again the next night for dinner.

Needed some larger sized storage totes. Kmart had 32 gal on sale for $12.99 and 40 gal on sale for $16.99. I had $12 in points and $11 in surprise points if I spent $35. I ended up going to a new Kmart on my way home from a friends house and they had 40 gal Xmas totes (red and green) on mark down for $8.99. And because they weren't marked as "clearance", I was able to use my surprise points. I bought 4 @8.99 = 35.96 - 11 surprise points - 12 earned points = $12.96 + tax for (4) 40 gal totes!

Haven't been out shopping or couponing for quite awhile. Can definitely tell on my car gas budget.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Still at it trying to fill up my twins "move out" totes for cheap:

In the last couple of weeks I've been able to get them each a Queen sized complete comforter set (comes with sheets and pillowcases). Kmart had some marked down but ringing up at Sale not Clearance priced for 30.99. I got my first set for 30.99 - $8/$30 surprise points = 22.99. The second set I got for 30.99 - $9/$35 surprise points= 21.99 (I did have to throw in some towels to reach the $35 mark but that's okay because I actually needed some kitchen handtowels.)

Also, Kmart has a deal going on right now at my store where if you buy any "fire starter" items, you get 100% back in points. So for each of my comforter purchases, I went in the day before and got $22/ $23 worth of fire starter items, waited 24 hours for those points to hit my acct and then used those points along with my surprise points to pay for the comforter sets. I got the fire logs and long lighters. Neither items were needed and I wouldn't have gone out and bought them but since I was spending money anyways on the comforter sets, I might as well double dip and get these things for free.

We live super close to a casino that has been doing giveaways every Saturday for their card holders (my mom). Last month was kitchenware - electric skillet, quesadilla maker and small food processor and then a week where you get to choose from the leftovers. She ended up getting the food processor, electric skillet and 2 quesadilla makers for the twins totes. Food processor was on my list to get them so now I just have to buy 1 instead of 2. The quesadilla makers are just something fun, I doubt if either of them use it but they were free so they are going in the totes (my daughter did ask for one when she moved out so who knows, maybe they will use it). Since there is only one electric skillet, it might stay at my house or go to my daughters (My mom didn't want any of the items last month - This month they are doing cast iron skillets in different sizes and she's keeping those. )

Running tally - Twins move out totes:
40 gal tote x2= $6.50
Bathroom towels (bath, hand, wash) x2 = $41
Pillows x4= $10
Comforter set (with sheets) x2= $45
Quesadilla maker x2, food processor x1 = 0
$102.50 out of $120 budget. Slowly, I am getting there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 06:27 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
-Sweepstakes Win-$700 Moto Z Smartphone/JVC Speaker a few weeks ago. (Free reputable site I've used for 15 years Sweepstakes Advantage).

-Free 2nd Chest Freezer (Kenmore with defrost) from Storage Unit Mgr, thrilled!
I've wanted one for awhile, have been busy filling it with great Grocery Outlet finds lately with $3/$30 & $5/$50.

-1st time ordering from Walmart.com, able to use PayPal. Used Free Shipping to my local store, instead of $6.99 to have a 5oz Sauce shipped to my door.

-Signed up with Walmart Grocery Delivery (different than ordering from Walmart.com. Frozen & fresh foods delivered from my local Walmart).
Have $10 off 1st $50 order exp 3/31/17. Different payment scenario-doesn't use PayPal or Walmart GC's yet, only credit cards.

Last edited by nowpoints; 03-24-2017 at 04:48 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
- Received (5) $10/$10 JCp Qs. I used three to get some gifts for my girls. Two pairs of fashion boots for my 8 year old that will be her big gift for her 9th birthday and some earrings for my 11 year old for her easter basket. I used the last 2 Qs to buy towels to donate to the local refugee resettlement group.

-I've been mall walking with a friend in the morning right after we drop our kids at school. It's been too windy to walk outside. Today we found the mall walkers table near customer service where you can log in to their book of walkers. they hold drawings and give random prizes (starbucks gift cards and such).
Old 03-28-2017, 05:47 AM

Conductor of blinkies and tearpad train
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
How did you get 5 10$10 J C Penny Q
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elvis fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 08:45 PM

We have Menard's popping up all of the place in my area. We went from having to drive an hour for the closest one to having 3 within 20 minutes any way I leave my house. Lol. I've had a rebate for $47.00 that I've had since last year and I used it today for more items for the twins move out totes. I got them each a broom, 4 ice cube trays, 2 microfiber clothes, a set of 6 kitchen knives and a hammer. My total was $0.90 after my rebate and I'm getting back a rebate of $35.92. Greatest thing abt Menard's is their rebates don't expire.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 05:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaustin View Post
We have Menard's popping up all of the place in my area. We went from having to drive an hour for the closest one to having 3 within 20 minutes any way I leave my house. Lol. I've had a rebate for $47.00 that I've had since last year and I used it today for more items for the twins move out totes. I got them each a broom, 4 ice cube trays, 2 microfiber clothes, a set of 6 kitchen knives and a hammer. My total was $0.90 after my rebate and I'm getting back a rebate of $35.92. Greatest thing abt Menard's is their rebates don't expire.
I swear by Menards rebates. I shop for business items all the time and use the rebates for household necessities. Remember Menards takes coupons. They also have an 11% adjustment rebate. You can get the form from the service desk the week of the 11% rebate. It has a date range for the prior weeks before. If you send in the original receipts from that range it is 11% for non rebate items during the period.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rayclan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 04:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis fan View Post
How did you get 5 10$10 J C Penny Q
2 came as mailers and 3 came from handouts at the store