My Local Fred's Is Closing

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 05:25 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My local Fred's Is Closing

I got an e-mail, this morning, saying that my local Fred's is closing. Everything up to 30% off. I would be sad, that it was going away, if I hadn't vowed not to shop there again - LOL They ticked me off, by not having those cheap android tablets, that was supposed to a one of their 12 Days Of Christmas deals and I haven't been back since then. Okay, it's only been a month. But, it's the principle of the thing - LOL. I guess, if they were planing on closing it, they didn't really care how many customers they ticked off. If I ever really wanted to visit one, there are still some, in the Baton Rouge area, and a city about half an hour away. Though, from experience, with the store that is closing, they are just another Dollar store. Within a 10 minute drive and between 2 cities, there are 5 Dollar Generals,3 Dollar Trees and 3 Family Dollars. Even more, if I went in the other direction, into Baton Rouge. Really, not going to miss them, because we just got a new Rose's Express store, in the same area. It's like a mix between a Dollar General and BigLots, with better merchandise and better prices. It's, actually, everything I expected Fred's to be, before we actually got one.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2017, 04:03 PM

RE: My local Fred's Is Closing

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Seems odd that they would be closing existing stores after having proposed buying a big chunk of Rite Aid stores in the Walgreen/Rite Aid merger (even though it's not certain now if that will happen or not).

The only thing that they used to do (not sure if they even still do?) that is different from any other dollar store is doubling some coupons on Saturday.

Roses is (or at least was, from the couple places I've seen them) about the closest to the old 5&10 model, with elements of some of the now gone discount chains as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to BillyGr For This Useful Post: