Q Trouble Last Night...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
is probably at the ballpark somewhere!

My Mood/Status:
TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!
Q trouble last night...

Went to my normal FL last night with the Q that came from the Nabisco FB page. Buy pkg Nabisco cookies + a gallon of milk and receive a 2nd pkg Nabisco cookies free.

So I was buying 2 cookies, gallon of milk, dog food, and super glue. That's all.
Gave the cashier my Q and she says, "We don't do free." I said, "Excuse me?" She said, "Coupons that give you something free." I said, "well, it's not exactly free if I have to buy a package of cookies and a gallon of milk to get it, now, is it?" She took it to the service desk to show to MOD, they both eye-balled me like a criminal, and she came back and said "sorry". I said - well take the cookies back buy I came in because I needed the milk.

With a line full of people behind me, she proceeds to talk about people fradulently making their own coupons, blah blah blah - like I am completely unaware. I was quiet (and embarassed that she was insinuating I might have done that) and finally said, "You know, if I had the time/patience/means and/or expertise to create fraudulent coupons to scam you out of ONE package of cookies, do you think I would be standing here at 9:00 at night while my 2 kids wait for this milk, my dog waits for this food, and my husband waits for this super glue to fix my (@#M$ faucet?????" Thank you."

I didn't go talk to the mgr because my family truly was waiting on all those things and it ticked me off. I did email corp today though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TwiceBlessed For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:03 AM

RE: Q trouble last night...

is wishing my son would listen to me!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hmm, she shouldn't have treated you that way. They do have a right to turn down the coupon, but she could have been more tactful. Their policy does state that they don't take coupons for "free" items if they are one sided .
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Smile

My Mood/Status:
apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!apsodarffilm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
It is getting harder and harder to use so many coupons now.... I hate being treated like a criminal evertytime I use them.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsodarffilm View Post
It is getting harder and harder to use so many coupons now.... I hate being treated like a criminal evertytime I use them.
I agree, but I think the fact that irked me even more is that I was only using one Q for my WHOLE order, and she was questioning it. And I was buying EVERYTHING required. Oh well....
Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crazymomainsane has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Places are getting to where they wont accept Buy one get one free IP,so I don't even bother wasting my ink on em.Too much trouble for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymomainsane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:31 PM

JaxFL has posted more than 100 good deals!JaxFL has posted more than 100 good deals!
If anything I would let the MFQ know that a FL store refused your coupon and you didnt purchase their product.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaxFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFL View Post
If anything I would let the MFQ know that a FL store refused your coupon and you didnt purchase their product.
Good idea! Thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Loving the warm sunshine

My Mood/Status:
MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I had trouble with that Q the first few rounds ago.. I have just learned that stores are so leary of getting screwed that they are being extra cautious about taking IP's with the word "free" on it anywhere. Food Lion is my number one PITA for IP coupons. I finally found a store that is nice but it took forever.

OP good luck with reporting it to corp. Sometimes you get a call and sometimes you don't. Sorry she acted like a rude person.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Punkette!

Getting back to the coupon game after being away for awhile.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yep, my Foodlion will not take any IP with the word "free" on it, it doesn't matter if you have to buy something to get the free item or not. Harris Teeter is the same way and so is my Kroger. The only place I've been able to use those types of q's without a problem is CVS.
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlandsMomma View Post

OP good luck with reporting it to corp. Sometimes you get a call and sometimes you don't.
UPDATE: I actually just got a call from the store manager this morning. I actually recognized his voice when I answered the phone (which made me laugh and tells me I shop there too much, but I digress....)

He was extremely apologetic and asked what he could do to make it right. Explained that some of the cashiers have a bad taste in their mouth due to the fraudulent Qs out there. I told him I completely understood, but it was embarassing to be accused in front of a line of people which is how I felt. He asked me many specifics (which cashier, which lane, which MOD) so that he could offer it up as a coaching opportunity to talk with them.

Anyway, at least I got a call back and know it's being addressed!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I went to fl the other day and they would not take my coupns so I told them to keep the stuff I could use my coupons some were elso and that is what I did