Florida Specific Coupon Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Proud 501st & Rebel Legion Member
Star Wars fan

My Mood/Status:
miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Florida Specific Coupon Policy

Let me just start by saying that I love Publix, and even though I only shop there due to coupons, I always have a great visit. Until today...

So I arrange my purchase neatly on the conveyor (like item paired with like) and hand her the coupons. I am only buying BOGO or other things like yogurt with coupons. First she sorts them into two identical piles. Strange, but I am not going to tell her how to do her job. Then she hands me one pile back. "I can't accept these because that would mean you get two for free instead of one."

Bizarre reasoning, so I politely tell her this is allowed and that I have been doing it for months. Two coupons are allowed on BOGO deals because each item comes up full price and then the register gives credit for the one. She's not doing it. Then the CSM comes over. Same story, essentially implying I am trying to bankrupt the store. I hold my ground. I *know* this is allowed. I guess he saw the "give me back my coupons and void the sale" look in my eyes because I get the "well, we will do it just this once for you, but you should know everyone else who allows you to do this is wrong." Grrr. Well at this point I'm cold, tired and want to go home. So I get my excellent bargain purchase done and leave.

Well, now that I am home, I am wondering if using two coupons is allowed in Florida. All those other people can't be wrong, can they? Bottom line (sorry so long!) is that I was wondering if anyone has a Publix coupon policy specific to Florida or how I can get one. It would be useful to reassure myself of their policy and to show to Publix employees if I am challenged again.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to miralys For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM

RE: Florida Specific Coupon Policy

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes it is allowed, I do it all the time and my Publix never blinks an eye. Call the store manager, his name is on the top of the receipt and have him tell you his stores policy. I would do that before calling corporate. hth
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to debbiedee8 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
It is allowed, I do it multiple times every week. I don't have a Florida specific coupon policy, just one for the Atlanta Region (which we're included in). But you can get one by just emailing corporate and asking.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*~*~*~*

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loading... For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 03:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
it is allowed and they would not give me a written policy when i asked for one -- but i have always been told by managers that 2 are allowed on the bogo deals
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to couponfairy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 AM

says frugal is hot!

My Mood/Status:
gator_mama has posted more than 100 good deals!gator_mama has posted more than 100 good deals!
Also, keep in mind that retailers mail in the manufacturer's coupons that they accept from consumers and receive their money back, plus a small handling fee. So you are not bankrupting the store! And good for you for standing your ground!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Wait a sec...I think I have a coupon for that..."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gator_mama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 AM

Is it Friday yet?
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tutt26 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Same here! I do it all the time and they never say a word
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tutt26 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 07:34 AM

The early bird catches the worm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you are allowed to use 2 coupons on BOGO.

FreebieMama believes in reading
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FreebieMama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM

is loving zoo play on facebook

My Mood/Status:
shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!shakin72 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yep never had any trouble using 2 coupons a bogo the only time I had trouble was when the halls cough drops were b1g1f and i had coupons for b1g1f the cashier told me it wouldn't work in my favor to buy them.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shakin72 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry you went through that...I did the same last week and the cashier did the same by separating the items with the coupons...it took so long to check out because he did that...they allowed me to use a MFQ/publix one and also MFQ/Kraft(for publix) one as well, but I noticed that they were stopping the use of the target coupons...so today when I go I will go to the customer service desk and ask before I start shopping!! So yes, you are allow to use 2 q's for bogo's!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Star Wars fan

My Mood/Status:
miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!miralys has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I believe that I will be having a discussion with the actual store manager about this. That CSM shouldn't act like he is doing me a favor to allow it "just this once" when it actually store policy to allow two coupons on a BOGO. I'll see if I can't track down a hard copy of that elusive policy. Thanks to everyone for your input. I have learned so much here!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miralys For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 PM

shell1215 has posted more than 5 good deals
I had the same experience a few weeks ago. Perhaps Publix is getting strict, I used double coups on BOGO all the time. The clerk also made me feel like I was doing something wrong and called over the manger...who did the same...just this time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shell1215 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 AM

Star Wars fan

My Mood/Status:
Just an update....

I spoke with Corporate. They said there is no company wide coupon policy because of blah blah blah reasons (seems like it would only be wise to have one, but what do I know) and that if I have questions I need to check with the manager of the store. Well, I did and the manager of that store flatly refuses to take two coupons on a BOGO deal, regardless of the fact that I explained to him that Publix actually makes money if they were to accept two coupons. I suppose, according to Corporate, that is within his rights to implement that policy. It's also my right to shop somewhere else. It makes me sad, because I really love that particular store. Today I am going to the Publix by the University and see how that goes.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miralys For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM

brighteyesk9 has posted more than 50 good deals
Publix policies for Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee:

1. They double coupons that are .50 or less. Doubling only applies to manufacturer’s coupons, not store or competitor coupons. Publix does not limit the number of like/same coupons that you can double.
2. Publix accepts printable coupons. Publix does not accept printable coupons for a free item if the value is over $5.
3. You may use one Publix store coupon and one manufacturer’s coupon per item, unless either coupon explicitly prohibits it.
4. They do not accept any expired coupons.
5. You may use 2 coupons for B1G1 sale items if you buy 2 items. You may also use a store and manufacturer coupon for each item as well.
6. With B1G1 sale items you do not have to purchase 2 items, each will ring up as half price.
7. Publix does not have a specific policy limiting coupons. The register is programmed to require a manager’s approval when the coupons total over $50. The register is also programmed to accept no more coupons (store and manufacturer together) than items. If you are using a store and a manufacturer coupon for every item in your cart, you will need manager intervention.
8. Competitor coupons: (This is the big issue)
The official policy states that stores can accept competitor coupons, but leaves it up to the individual store managers to decide the specifics i.e. what stores, and usage guidelines. In general competitor’s coupons are treated like store coupons. They will not double and can be used in conjunction with a manufacturer’s coupon, but not in conjunction with a store coupon**.

a. **Some stores will accept a competitor and a store coupon for the same item, as well as a manufacturer coupon.

b. Some stores will only take coupons from other grocery stores while others (fewer) will also accept drug store coupons.

c. Check with your store customer service or manager for the actual store policy on competitor coupons.

Publix policies for Florida, and Coastal Georgia:
You guys get the bad deal with Publix and coupons. Most of the above does apply in FL and coastal GA, so I am posting the differences only

1. They do not double any coupons
2. Many stores will not let you use coupons for both items that are B1G1. You can still use one store and one manufacturer, but not 2 of both. – This is actually against corporate policy if you would like to call and complain about your store and try to fight it then go for it!
3. To get the sale price on B1G1 items you must buy 2 items, one is full price and the second is free.

One more thing:
Keep in mind as you use competitor coupons that this is Publix just taking money off your bill. They will not get this money back. Please do not abuse this policy!! In terms of Food Lion coupons they state Limit 1, please do not take in (5) $5 off $30 coupons and do multiple transactions or take in numerous coupons for the same item.

(This information was compiled using emails from Publix corporate and a synopsis of the policy on Hot Coupon World)

I got this info from Southern Savers

Last edited by brighteyesk9; 07-21-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: to add more info
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brighteyesk9 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 PM

amandadoll has posted more than 50 good deals
fwiw, although it was 7 years ago, i worked in the back office at publix in south florida, and they absolutely accepted all BOGO coupons on BOGO items... if a cashier or anyone gave the customer a problem, the store manager was called to the register. If the common area manager or anyone gives you a hard time, ask for the store manager.
Publix has the policy to make sure the customer is always satisified... So much so that... i have seen people bring in EMPTY STYROFOAM PACKAGES where steak used to be wrapped, and return it saying that the steak was tough and didnt taste good.... AND GOT THEIR MONEY BACK. i cant even make that up.
One lady dropped tomato sauce on ground and when it broke it splattered on her shoes. my common area manager was called over and told thte customer to bring in the receipt for new shoes and publix would reimburse her!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amandadoll For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i also used to work in the back office several years ago, i remember being trained to process refund, even if we didn't sell the item. they then told a story of george jenkins, founder, that he said even if someone brought in a good year tire we are to refund money to them, he believed that the money would in turn be spent in the store and the customer would leave satisfied. i do think that publix customer service has gone down since then, not sure if they still train the same way, but they are still #1 to me =)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jen91683 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
mofapmjsc has posted more than 100 good deals!mofapmjsc has posted more than 100 good deals!
I shop Publix all the time and my store take 2 coupons on BOGO items. I was even allowed to use BOGO coupons on BOGO items (Pedigree dog treats) this week. I've never had a problem with the store I shop at and have spoken with the store manager on several occasions to make sure I'm not doing anything that is against store policy. I LOVE PUBLIX

) and 1 handsome grandson!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mofapmjsc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2009, 07:05 PM

snowy has posted more than 1 good deal
Update Publix looses money with competitor coupons!

My Publix has no problem taking 2 coupons for a BOGO. But I did find out last week that everytime they accept a competitors coupon they loose that money. They had no problem doing that before, but now there are so many people using coupons and many are misusing them in order to get everything free or for pennies, they are loosing so much money they can't afford to continue to accept competitors coupons. My husband and daughter work for Publix, so when they loose money so do we. I wish they would just set a standard for all the stores, and explain it so people will understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
mofapmjsc has posted more than 100 good deals!mofapmjsc has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofapmjsc View Post
I shop Publix all the time and my store take 2 coupons on BOGO items. I was even allowed to use BOGO coupons on BOGO items (Pedigree dog treats) this week. I've never had a problem with the store I shop at and have spoken with the store manager on several occasions to make sure I'm not doing anything that is against store policy. I LOVE PUBLIX

I take it back! I went shopping today at the store mentioned above and guess what...coupons were seperated and I was told they could not take 2 coupons for a BOGO. WHAT??? I told them I had been doing it since the first part of the year and I had even spoken with one of the managers prior to shopping in this particular Publix. Then I got the, just this time but from now on speech. I'm so upset! How do I get the great deals if Publix doesn't double my q's, won't take 2 q's on a bogo, the Walmart and Winn Dixie's in my area won't take IP's.

) and 1 handsome grandson!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mofapmjsc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 PM

bigtimeqt1586 has posted more than 1 good deal
i hate to say it, but the coupon policies are a store by store thing, not region or area. unfortunately, certain store managers can change rules if they want. some stores will let you, others will not. there is a lot of things that vary at different Publix's. its stupid, i think it should be one policy at every store, but its not. makes it difficult.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtimeqt1586 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 AM

happy
Ocala coupon mom

My Mood/Status:
elamia has posted more than 5 good deals
I've also had them refuse to take my bogo coupons once about a month ago. but it hasn't happened since thank goodness.

Have a blessed day.
The Following User Says Thank You to elamia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM

brandykarl has posted more than 50 good deals
Does publix allow overages? Example: on a BOGO item, I have a BOGO coupon and a cents/dollar off coupon. I always make sure to have enough I'm paying for if I know I'm getting overage, but I haven't tried this particular scenario at Publix.
The Following User Says Thank You to brandykarl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 AM

Sweetwater Savings has posted more than 10 good deals
It is very difficult to get a straight answer regarding coupons from many stores, including Publix. I recently tried to clear up some issues for my blog readers and had a hard time getting the information. Unfortunately it seems to be totally based on who you talk to. When I first started coupon shopping a little less then a year ago, my Publix told me they would only take one coupon for bogo items as well. I called corporate and they told me this was not correct, and actually contacted the store and they have taken 2 coupons ever since. Unless it is a bogo coupon, then you can only use one to get both items free.
I would contact Publix and see what they say, here is the info - Consumer Relations toll-free number at 1-800-242-1227, write us at the Publix Super Markets Corporate Office, PO Box 407, Lakeland, FL 33802, ATTN: Consumer Relations, or contact us at our website, publix.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweetwater Savings For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
if both of ur coupons are MQ then u would only be able to use one -- but if it was a store or competitor q then they would allow one of each --- in that case some stores would reduce the store q to only give the item for free with no overage but some stores will allow the overage --- it really does depend on the store ... HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandykarl View Post
Does publix allow overages? Example: on a BOGO item, I have a BOGO coupon and a cents/dollar off coupon. I always make sure to have enough I'm paying for if I know I'm getting overage, but I haven't tried this particular scenario at Publix.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponfairy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
falling_down23 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have a ton of family that work for Publix and the best bet is to email a complaint from the Publix.com site. Those complaints get passed from corporate to the regional director or district manager and then addressed to the store manager. Most of the time the store manager will personally call you to apologize and try make you happy. After all who wants their bosses boss upset at you..
The Following User Says Thank You to falling_down23 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 PM

is suffering Obsesive Coupon Disorder

My Mood/Status:
LalaD has posted more than 200 great deals!LalaD has posted more than 200 great deals!LalaD has posted more than 200 great deals!
it happened to me tonight in Tampa , i went to custmer service and they refunded the money I should have saved