Help!!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
donpenfamily has posted more than 25 good deals
Help Sign Help!!!

We are moving into the Gulf Area-Pensacola Region next summer. I was wondering does FL do doubles or triples on a daily basis? If so, what stores? Is there a Kroger, Meijer, or Marsh in this area as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I am not new to coupons, just new to the area and need to be prepared for it. I heard that has great inserts. Does that mean good sales with doubles or triples as well? Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 08:32 PM

RE: Help!!!

CTrentmann has posted more than 10 good deals
Sorty, no doubles or triples in FL.
The Following User Says Thank You to CTrentmann For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 PM

authorofthedeal has posted more than 100 good deals!authorofthedeal has posted more than 100 good deals!
Florida is a TOUGH place to coupon. Sorry to say that, but it's true. You can find deals but you gotta work at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to authorofthedeal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just a suggestion go to maps.google.com and then put in the address or even city name of the town you are moving to and once it pulls it up you will be able to put in "grocery stores" and it will pull up all of them in that area. You will find that the only place that sometimes doubles is K-Mart and not all stores even do that. Do NOT let someone tell you it is "illegal" do double coupons in Florida that is just a silly old rumor. Doubling is allowed by law but when no stores double why should any of them?
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM

a Dad that coupons

epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!epix has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Yep, no doubles or triples. FL is where you have to be a great couponer for deals. It's tough but doable. Our stockup prices are a bit higher here than elsewhere.

Main reason I like publix is due to ther BOGO deals where you can use 2 coupons, 1 on the free item and also they take competitors coupons within 2 miles of that store. I have a walmart, cvs, wags publix and target within 2 miles. Winn Dixie is 4 miles away ;(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epix For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks so much guys! I just wanted to get an idea of what I was up against! Btw HOW DID THE LADY FROM EXTREME COUPONING SHOW GET ALL OF THAT STUFF FOR FREE IN FLORIDA???
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpenfamily View Post
Thanks so much guys! I just wanted to get an idea of what I was up against! Btw HOW DID THE LADY FROM EXTREME COUPONING SHOW GET ALL OF THAT STUFF FOR FREE IN FLORIDA???
Two words for you: Coupon Fraud.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
Wow! It is amazing what they get by with on national television. They had me and my neighbor thinking that Fl. was the BEST place to go couponing in the world!!! Thanks so much! I now know what to expect!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Rheston has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpenfamily
We are moving into the Gulf Area-Pensacola Region next summer. I was wondering does FL do doubles or triples on a daily basis? If so, what stores? Is there a Kroger, Meijer, or Marsh in this area as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I am not new to coupons, just new to the area and need to be prepared for it. I heard that has great inserts. Does that mean good sales with doubles or triples as well? Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated!
You will be close to the Alabama and Georgia border. Georgia does have some stores that double but not sure about Alabama. Not sure if you have a hitchkocks near where you will be moving by they double up to 50 cents.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:22 PM

I'M BAAAACK!

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not sure how far away from the Ga stores you will be, but if it's not too far, look for Harvey's grocery stores. They double as well. Not sure up to what amount tho.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
My parents are in Destin.

The LOND and LOCSP

Land of No Doubles
Land of Crappy Soda Prices

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheston View Post
You will be close to the Alabama and Georgia border. Georgia does have some stores that double but not sure about Alabama. Not sure if you have a hitchkocks near where you will be moving by they double up to 50 cents.
Just a little geography - you will not be near Georgia at all unless you want to drive 4 hours on I-10. Alabama is nearby but I wouldn't count on stores near the FL/AL border to have doubles. Actually Alabama would probably be an hour or so drive also and with gas prices it would probably not be worth your time.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Gulf Shores, AL, is about 30 miles from Pensacola, but it is much smaller.

Fred's is like a dollar store, but, the one here (north-central Florida) doubles on Saturdays up to $0.70.

Years ago, there was an IGA in Century, FL, that would double up to $1.00. That is about 50 miles from P'cola, so a bit of a drive.

There are several smaller grocery stores in P'cola. Try Barnes (on 9th Avenue, I think). They may have days they double. Good luck! I hope you find one.

I love the Pensacola area.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLance68

Two words for you: Coupon Fraud.
It isn't entirely impossible to get stuff for free in Florida. I live close to Gainesville and I have a nice stockpile. I get free pasta, free TP and paper towels, free toothpaste, tooth brushes, soap, etc.

Since we have very few opportunities to double coupons, we just depend on good sales with coupon match ups.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpother View Post
It isn't entirely impossible to get stuff for free in Florida. I live close to Gainesville and I have a nice stockpile. I get free pasta, free TP and paper towels, free toothpaste, tooth brushes, soap, etc.

Since we have very few opportunities to double coupons, we just depend on good sales with coupon match ups.
I was not referring to Florida shopping - I was referring to what they do on that tv show Extreme Couponing. Most of what that show has is coupon fraud plain and simple.

I do know all about getting good deals in Florida as I have lived here all my life and have couponed for as long as I can remember (before it became in vogue). I am like you I have a good stockpile of HBA stuff - I would probably have a stroke if I had to actually pay full price for lots of that stuff. I even coupon for tp & stuff for our office. I just hate to pay full price for stuff I know I can get a good deal on.