Florida Doubles ?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Momgottasave has posted more than 100 good deals!Momgottasave has posted more than 100 good deals!
Florida doubles ?

Is there anywhere in Florida that doubles coupons ..?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 AM

RE: Florida doubles ?

clara855 has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm not sure about the rest of FL but none of the stores in the Tampa Bay area double.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
No there are no stores that double in Florida.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:44 PM

mdbfl
I have been here for over 20 years and have never seen any double coupons. Double coupons seems to be a Northern or Midwestern thing.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:28 PM

clara855 has posted more than 10 good deals
Actually Kmart is doubling coupons this week in FL. I'm not sure if all of the stores are participating but the Kmart in Brandon is. Honestly it's not a good deal though. My store is doubling up to a total of .99 off for example: if you have a .75 Q they will give you an extra .23 to make it a .99 Q.

I went today and most of their prices were so high compared to walmart even with the doubling there weren't any good deals except for tic taks
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
floridaclipper has posted more than 5 good deals
yes there is at least one that I can confirm doubles in Florida. There is a small regional chain called Hitchcock's in central Florida. They will double q's with a face value of .50 or less. They also have a facebook coupon (but you don't need facebook to access it) good only on Saturday. It's usually three or 4 items free with a $20 purchase. The best part about that is the free items are included in the $20 purchase requirement. Sometimes it's store brands but I have seen the free items be for products with MQ available. The BOGO sales (not including meat) are not true BOGO as other stores in FL. BOGO is half price on each item. They will accept all competitor coupons and EVERY store within 20 miles is considered a competitor (wags/cvs/target/dollar stores etc). Stacking is allowed. No cash back but overage is allowed towards other purchases. That said I find their prices to be higher than Publix so even with doubles I still get better deals elsewhere. They do not have a coupon policy on their site but they will email it to you on request. They are heavily advertising and promoting doubles.

I have also heard that there is another regional chain in northern Florida called Fred's? or possibly Frank's that doubles. It's not in my area so I can not personally confirm this.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well I had to do a little searching but Hitchcock's Foodway stores are way North of Central Florida (Orlando area). From what I can tell they are North of Gainesville.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
That's correct. They are in the towns surrounding Gainesville, FL. They have stores in Williston, Trenton, Keystone Heights, Jasper, Newberry, E Palatka, and Old Town. Williston is the closest to me. Like I said I find better deals at publix and the drug stores but occasionally find a good deal there and I like their produce better than publix. Much of it is from local farms so it is fresher and has a lot more flavor. This weeks facebook coupon deal was free taco shells, seasoning, and sour cream with a $20 purchase.

I did find the name of the other store. It's called Fred's store (fredsinc.com) They only double on Saturday's but they will double q's with a face value of .70 or less. They are north and e coast ie Bonifay, Deland, Fernandia Beach, Green Cove Springs, Jacksonville, Live Oak, Madison, Marianna, Milton, Monticello, Panama City, Quincy, & Titusville. Too far for me to get to so I don't have more info on their policies. Good info to have though if traveling.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
I have to say - good excuse to go to Fernandina Beach to check out Freds. LOL I think I'll keep my Wally World and Publix stores here even though they don't double.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
ringside0 has posted more than 25 good deals
I am in Florida and new to coupon shopping starting this month. So far my two big Publix purchases saved me 51 %, and that includes buying many pricey items that I did not have coupons for (organics, fresh, natural, etc.). So, Double Coupons probably would have taken another $20 off one shopping and $15 off the other.

I think that all Publix shoppers should go to their website and send an email to them saying that Florida Publix Customers Deserve Double Coupons Too. Publix needs to hear from hundreds of thousands or even millions of Florida customers that they want Double Coupons just like in other Publix markets outside of the Sunshine State. What's up with that. I've shopped in non-Florida Publix's. Their prices do not appear to be inflated to "compensate" for it. They make plenty of money from customer loyalty. The problem in Florida is that Publix has essentially monopolized the grocery store market. Since they are not an all-under-one-roof bargain supercenter, I don't compare them to Walmart and Target. When I think about it, there really is nothing special about Publix at all (excluding any markets where limited testing of new services is going on). Publix doesn't even rate in the same league as Wegman's (Northeast USA), King Soopers (Colorado-based), Trader Joe's, etc. Publix is my main grocery store, Target is second. But I would really love to see Trader Joe's come to town, or some other really special grocery store.

So, if you are interested in double coupons, write to Publix via email, or call them.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
I'll second that about Trader Joe's. A bit pricy but has items that just can't be found in other grocery stores.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Fernandia Beach or Panama City either LOL. Wouldn't be the first time I traveled with my binder. Got lucky last trip. Harris Teeters was doing triples that week.