Extreme Couponing In FL Isn't Possible NEED HELP

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Tcgroat
Extreme couponing in FL isn't possible NEED HELP

Can anyone help me? I live in West Palm Beach, FL I just read an article they are cracking down on couponing. We currently have NO store that does double or triple coupons. How do I save money? Can anyone help me ?? PLEASE !!!

Carrieanne
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 03:15 PM

RE: Extreme couponing in FL isn't possible NEED HELP

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can still save A LOT of money by matching sales with coupons. Publix is a fantastic store in Florida where many people save a lot. I think the key to saving is not to try to "extreme coupon" but rather have a small stockpile for you and your family in the beginning. Read all the information here. There is TONS, but you have to put in the time and effort to get a big savings. I suggest you begin with one grocery store and one drug store and work up from there. Learn those really well first. For Florida, you could do Publix and CVS. Check out the forums for those stores here and read, read, read and ask questions. Many here are willing to help.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 AM

trying to plan the wknd shopping!

My Mood/Status:
plagioia13 has posted more than 100 good deals!plagioia13 has posted more than 100 good deals!
CVS, PUBLIX, WALLGREENS, WINNDIXIE are the best store to use coupons on!
Ex. I saved over 60% on my CVS purchase yesterday combining specials, extrabucks, manufactures coupons.
- 2 Listerines reg. $3+ e/a
- 2 Revlon Nail Coloe reg. $4.99 e/a
- 2 Purex reg. $6+ e/a
- 2 Degree Men reg. $3+ e/a
- 1 Stride Gum reg. $1.25
- 2 Suave Body Wash reg. $3+ e/a
= Paid $13.86

You need to learn to do to multiple transactions to get the most our of your coupons and extra bucks!

Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 AM

wants to go to target
Thank you Captain Obvious!

My Mood/Status:
tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!tinkadink has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriemb2 View Post
I think the key to saving is not to try to "extreme coupon" but rather have a small stockpile for you and your family in the beginning.
Yes, this exactly! No need to be extreme at first, ease yourself into couponing. I for one took swim classes, I didn't just jump in a pool and hoped that I could swim, ya kno? Good luck in FL!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daisy 7/14/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and one
in heaven 12/14/07-12/18-07
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Loves AFC!! Muah!

My Mood/Status:
suzanimal_fl has posted more than 150 good deals!suzanimal_fl has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcgroat
Can anyone help me? I live in West Palm Beach, FL I just read an article they are cracking down on couponing. We currently have NO store that does double or triple coupons. How do I save money? Can anyone help me ?? PLEASE !!!

Carrieanne
Wal-Mart is the only store here in Utah that double coupons, and only on Tuesdays. Limit is a $1. So, a 75 cent coupon is maxed out at $1. I haven't mastered couponing. One if my friends lives in Maryland and she is an extreme couponer due to double and tripling.

Something you may want to check out if you have a Whole Foods. They have their rotisserie chicken on sale on Wednesdays for $5.99 and with their in-store coupon (which is also available electronically) you can get a limited option family sized side for free. I got a side of macaroni salad and it's value was almost $8. So, it was quite the deal. It runs through August, I think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzanimal_fl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM

vacemberci has posted more than 10 good deals
Double couponing isn't necessary to stockpile. I lived in OH before here and was devastated when I found out no doubles here in FL. I do better at Publix with the BOGOs and then follow that with the Wags and CVS sales.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vacemberci For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 PM

girlscoutmomma
Hi all,
I am looking for a little help. I actually live in TN, but am going to Florida at the end of the month. I have a huge group that I will be feeding all week, and just realized that unlike here in TN no one in FL doubles coupons

Within just a mile of where we are staying is Publix, Winn Dixie, and Target, so I have to make the most out of sales and coupons.

Any advice?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
connie1615 has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm in California and there isn't a store anywhere that doubles. It is possible, you just need to do your research! This site has helped me tremendously! There is hope! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to connie1615 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcgroat View Post

Carrieanne
I live in OK and I shop at CVS they always have good sales especially the clearance items, they don't double but its worth if you stack cvs Q's and manu Q's. By the way I hope to find a CVS in your area because we will be on a vacation right where u live.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
FLLDYTRKR has posted more than 75 good deals!
Does anyone know why some states do not offer double coupons within the same chain of stores??? I wonder if we need to write our state elected officals because it is banned or what??? Anyone know???
Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 PM

morihuel66 has posted more than 100 good deals!morihuel66 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Because don't have many grocery stores that compete one another. If Publix had more competitors (for instance) I bet they would start doubling....they do double in Atlanta, but that city has more grocery stores....Miami only has winn dixie and sedanos...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM

djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Exactly what Morihuel 66 posted -- competition amongst each other. I have about 10 grocery stores within a 5-mile radius from my home.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
I am not so sure about that--My parents live in upstate New York in the middle of BFE--Podunk town USA.. and their grocery stores all double...Just odd I think.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nursemom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanimal_fl View Post
Wal-Mart is the only store here in Utah that double coupons, and only on Tuesdays. Limit is a $1. So, a 75 cent coupon is maxed out at $1. I haven't mastered couponing. One if my friends lives in Maryland and she is an extreme couponer due to double and tripling.

Something you may want to check out if you have a Whole Foods. They have their rotisserie chicken on sale on Wednesdays for $5.99 and with their in-store coupon (which is also available electronically) you can get a limited option family sized side for free. I got a side of macaroni salad and it's value was almost $8. So, it was quite the deal. It runs through August, I think.
Wish my Walmart doubled coupons. I have never heard of a Walmart doubling coupons.

The morning show yesterday was talking about some coupon clubs going under and laying off... like groupons. One business laid off 400 people. What is going on in coupon world?

Decorating for Fall, crafting for Christmas!

Last edited by nursemom; 12-01-2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: left out sentence
The Following User Says Thank You to nursemom For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLDYTRKR View Post
Does anyone know why some states do not offer double coupons within the same chain of stores??? I wonder if we need to write our state elected officals because it is banned or what??? Anyone know???
I guess you have heard the stupid rumor that it is "illegal" to double coupons in Florida. Like I said "stupid rumor" it is not illegal they don't double because no stores do it so why would they double when they don't have to? Don't bother the Governor or State Legislature as they have nothing to do with doubling of coupons by stores in Florida.

FYI Kmart does double coupons in Orlando. However, they have also closed so many stores that there are none near me so I don't keep up with them. As for competition bringing on doubles - NOPE. In Orlando we have Publix, Winn Dixie, Super Walmart, Super Target. Aldi, Sedanos and some independents and no doubles.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
Well someone is lossing out here and I think it is me!!!

(SLance68-Did ya see KiKi race last weekend?)
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 AM

guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I would guess it would be based on competition in the area, but I still don't get why Florida doesn't double. I live in Atlanta and all grocery stores double here. The 2 main grocery stores are Publix and Kroger, they're on every corner. Then you have Aldis, a very few Ingles stores scattered around and farther out from the city a couple of Bi- Lo stores, but that's it.

Florida has Publix, Winn Dixie, Aldis, Sedanos- seems like it evens out. Maybe it's because we have Kroger in our area and it's such a large chain, so Publix gets a run from their money from them. IDK, would love to know the answer to this one...