Help With Jax, Please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I love Google Reader!

My Mood/Status:
QueenLucy114 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Help Sign Help with Jax, Please?

Hello fellow Couponers!

It is very likely that my family will be moving to Jax (because of a new job position for my husband). I've been looking on city-data(dot)com for info on the areas and all, but I also realized that all of you can give me lots of help, too! So here are a few questions I have that maybe you can help me with.

Are there any areas that you would recommend to live in? Right now we're considering zips 32216 and 32207. We'll be renting (prefereably a house-we've heard horror stories about apt. complexes) and we want to stay at or below $850/month. It's doable. I checked. Anyway, work would be in Deerwood, so we want to stay on the east side of the river and close to Deerwood.

I googled grocery stores and I didnt find any that I'm familiar with. Do you have any recommendations for the stores with the best deals or the ones that deal with coupons the best?

What about Walmart/Super Walmart and Target/Super Target? Do they handle coupons well? Which ones should I stay away from? I read some reviews about a particular Walmart (although I didnt write the address down, sorry!) that had horrible customer service and was consistently dirty. So, any suggestions?

And lastly-do you have any advice, or tips, or anything for me? I've only been to Florida once, and I was a kid!
Thanks so much!!!

-Shar
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:45 AM

RE: Help with Jax, Please?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in Orlando but I do know they have Publix in Jax. Publix is extremely coupon friendly. They will take competitors coupons - even the $ 5.00 off of 50.00 from another store like Winn Dixie and Albertsons. They will also take Target printables. If there is a Food Lion near by they will take the flips also. HTH

You can also go to Google Maps and check out any houses that you find for rent. After putting in the address of the house and hitting search you can usually see the house from the street & overhead. Then you can put in "grocery stores" and hit search and it will show you what stores are nearby. You can do the same for any type of vendor you are looking for including schools. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 10:06 AM

I love Google Reader!

My Mood/Status:
Thank You

Thanks so much for your help! I have been doing the googlemaps thing so I can see the houses, but I didn't think of seraching for places nearby. It's a great tip. And thanks for the Publix info. Publix seems to be have the biggest presence there. I looked at some of the weekly ads online and it also seems that Publix has better deals than Winn-Dixie.

Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it!

Anyone else have any other tips/advice?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tiggercat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I live in Jax and am familiar with the area that you are looking to move to.
In that area is Publix, CVS and Walgreens. About 10 minutes away is Super Target and Super Walmart. Hope this helps!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Gabriel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiggercat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 12:30 PM

I love Google Reader!

My Mood/Status:
Thanks!!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:21 PM

is heading out with my lists!

My Mood/Status:
itstara has posted more than 25 good deals
I live in Jax zip 32256. We live in a gated condo community and it is fabulous. There are 3 Publix stores very close to me and they are all wonderful. They take competitor coupons with a smile. I generally avoid WalMart at whatever cost necessary. I just have never found one that had employees that seemed like they like their jobs. The Target at the Town Center has been either hit or miss for me depending on my cashier, but that is the only one really close so that is where I go. Our CVS and Walgreens are really great though.
I hope that you have a pleasant move.
The Following User Says Thank You to itstara For This Useful Post: