Williamsburg Store - $1 Doubles Everyday!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:45 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Update Williamsburg Store - $1 Doubles Everyday!

Updated: Talked to CS at the store and confrimed - Double Dollars every day!
YEAH!

The Williamsburg Farm Fresh on Rt 143 (Merrimac Trail) had a sign posted in it today stating that they are doing dollar doubles everyday. A good friend of mine was there today and told me about it. I tried to call the store ((757) 253-2302) to confirm and wasn't able to get anyone to pick up, but I'm not sure if that's normal for 9:30 pm, I know customer service isn't open for a few hours in the morning when they first open ... sometimes the only time I can go is 6:30 a.m.!

My day at work tomorrow is slam-packed busy and I know I won't get to check it out but wanted to call on the sisterhood ... so ... if anyone is in this area, or has a minute tomorrow, would you be able to confirm?

This will be GREAT if it's a permanent thing!

They also stated that they will not double any coupon that states DND anymore. She had some trouble with them doubling DND-5s both last week and today which is new for that store.

Let me know and keep your fingers crossed!

Last edited by mama2a&e; 08-20-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: updated info
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mama2a&e For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 AM

RE: Williamsburg Store - $1 Doubles Everyday!

busy raising babies and saving money!

My Mood/Status:
mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!
My store on John Tyler had them last week but havent been in this week to see since sales are weak this go around. That would be so great for me though with girl scouts about to start again, her meetings are on Wed. and its always a crazy day.
The Following User Says Thank You to mama2many For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Okay - I just got off the phone with their customer service to confirm and YES they do double dollars every day now! Oh Happy Day!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!mama2many has posted more than 400 great deals!
Wooo hooo!!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Saving money is my job!

My Mood/Status:
elisabeth has posted more than 300 great deals!elisabeth has posted more than 300 great deals!elisabeth has posted more than 300 great deals!elisabeth has posted more than 300 great deals!
Woooo...hooo seconded. Do we know if this only the Merrimac Trail store?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
Im confused now. I asked the store on John Tyler about it and explained about the Merrimack trail store. They said they were not and called the other store to ask and came back saying that store was not doing them every day. idk what to think now.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
spitfire1 has posted more than 25 good deals
WooooHooooo!!! So glad to hear Daily Double Dollars!! Sometimes I'm working a 12 hr shift & oncall & can't make it to the store....yippppppeeeee!! Thanx for passing the info along...
The Following User Says Thank You to spitfire1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 11:10 AM

sostinkinhappy has posted more than 10 good deals
Now if they would just have some decent sales!!!

I think the Merrimac Trail location might be doing daily dollar doubles due to losing business to Harris Teeter. I know that I hardly EVER go there now because Harris Teeter is just a wee bit further but has much better customer service and produce. I might have to start paying attention to Farm Fresh again....
The Following User Says Thank You to sostinkinhappy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 PM

kplsmommy has posted more than 5 good deals
I just went and they said they have stopped doing it every day now??? Anyone else heard anything? It is still in there ad..
I went to the Merrimac Trail location and one of the guys getting the carts told me so I never went in.
The Following User Says Thank You to kplsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
I haven't been there since late last week and if they've stopped doing it already, that's messed up. Their signs said that they were doing it every day now, not for the next XX number of days ...

My only solace is that I don't particularly like that store anyway ... (gee, I wonder why)
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM

kplsmommy has posted more than 5 good deals
I dont really care for the store that much either 90% of the associates are rude or not much of a personality!! Although the manager is pretty nice..
I just dont see how they were able to go back on it since it was in their ad unless there was an ad correction that I missed. So wonder if they will still have them tomorrow w/ it being wed??
I guess Im headed back to Harris Teeter since Farm Fresh seems to be playing games
The Following User Says Thank You to kplsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Kristen34 has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi Ladies! I'm new to couponing and new to Wmbg...new to the US, actually. Can you give me some hints for doing this whole couponing thing in Williamsburg? You probably know that Bloom is doubling coupons under a dollar this month. Also, what newspapers do you use to get your inserts from? Last week I got the 79 cent one and it had P&G, RP, and SS, but this week none of the papers at 7 11 seemed to have RP or SS. I thought they came out every week. Thanks for any input you can give me!
Kristen34
Old 09-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Kristen34 has posted more than 1 good deal
Oh, also, I joined coupon mom, but she doesn't seem to do any of the grocery stores we have in this area. Am I missing something? Do you know of other sites that post match-ups between specials in our area and coupons?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 PM

up way too late

My Mood/Status:
Annieflies has posted more than 200 great deals!Annieflies has posted more than 200 great deals!Annieflies has posted more than 200 great deals!
Kristen, welcome to the area! There are never any coupon inserts on holiday weekends, so you wouldn't find any in the papers from this weekend. You can find the previews at SundayCouponPreview.com for all the inserts i think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Annieflies For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM

jenand has posted more than 5 good deals
Kristen, try the "A Frugal Chick" blog- it's local and has a lot of links to other local couponers (if that's a word!)
The Following User Says Thank You to jenand For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
I was in FF/Merrimac Trail the other day & asked about Dollar Doubles every day. It was clarified to me that the sign reads "Double up to a dollar" everyday. The operative words were "up to" still meaning only up to .99 & still doubling on $1 on Wednesday's.

So...not sure what is going on.....any updates in the last couple days? Any clarifications from management which coincide with what I was told???
Old 09-08-2010, 05:12 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
All Williamsburg stores have been doubling dollars for the past 3 weeks now ... including $1 qs as long as they don't state "do not double" or "do not triple". Not sure why you were told that other than Merrimac Trail is a bizarre store that frequently gives bad info. I have been trying to avoid that store for that very reason.

I've been shopping at John Tyler the past few weeks because they're just a little more together at that store but the registers do double the dollar qs ... it's been fun

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire1 View Post
I was in FF/Merrimac Trail the other day & asked about Dollar Doubles every day. It was clarified to me that the sign reads "Double up to a dollar" everyday. The operative words were "up to" still meaning only up to .99 & still doubling on $1 on Wednesday's.

So...not sure what is going on.....any updates in the last couple days? Any clarifications from management which coincide with what I was told???
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2a&e View Post
All Williamsburg stores have been doubling dollars for the past 3 weeks now ... including $1 qs as long as they don't state "do not double" or "do not triple". Not sure why you were told that other than Merrimac Trail is a bizarre store that frequently gives bad info. I have been trying to avoid that store for that very reason.

I've been shopping at John Tyler the past few weeks because they're just a little more together at that store but the registers do double the dollar qs ... it's been fun

Enjoy!
that's where i go since its closest. maybe we have seen each other!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 PM

jenand has posted more than 5 good deals
I've had very good luck with the Merrimac Trail store- they are always friendly and I've always been able to double the coupons lately. Today (I'm new at this) I saved 54%- my highest yet! Plus, they gave me 2 booklets w/ $18 worth of coupons and recipes! Can't beat that!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2many View Post
that's where i go since its closest. maybe we have seen each other!
I wouldn't doubt it ... I feel like I'm always shopping!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 AM

sostinkinhappy has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire1 View Post

Hey there friend - I was just there last night (got a pile of loot for only .30). The are doing dollar doubles all this week again. If you look online, the ad says only on Wednesday, but if you go to the store, the ad in the store says EVERYDAY. Woohooo!!! Lots of free Betty Crocker junk that I really don't need. Well, I needed the cake mix but to get the cake mix for close to free, I had to get a pile of other stuff too. Guess that means I am taking a trip to the food bank next week.
The Following User Says Thank You to sostinkinhappy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanx for the info....appreciate it, guess they really need to do some better employee education, esp since it was one of our fav gals that "clarified" it...good grief!!