Additional 50% Off Clearance Price - YMMV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 07:30 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Additional 50% off Clearance price - YMMV

I stopped at my nearest DG today, since it was on the way home. I saw that they had signs on both ends of the aisle saying "50% off", which I have seen before. But, this time, I actually read the tiny print also that said "Additional discount taken at register". That made me think. So, I asked a passing worker and was told that it was an additional 50% off the clearance tag. I didn't buy a lot, because I wanted to watch the register screen. But, I did get a few True Living 16 x 27 hand towels (100% cotton and surprisingly soft and well-made) for $0.88 each and some Jack's Links Beef Jerky for $1.75. I did watch the register and the cashier hit a key, after ringing up each clearance item, and it did show a new line saying "Markdown Cart", with the discounted price. I went to another location next and no signs and no additional discount. So, YMMV.

I think I might visit again tomorrow, for more beef jerky. Unfortunately, my visit today was on the way home from Rite Aid, where I bought my mom 2 of the B1G1F @ $6.99 Jacks Links beef jerky. A trip to DG first would have gotten me 4, for the same price.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM

RE: Additional 50% off Clearance price - YMMV

Planet of the Pudding Brains!
AFC Forum Leader for Target

2014 YTD Savings: $6221.00
My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I found this cart at a local DG but they refused to give me the additional 50% off since I was using coupons. They had Lipton to Go for $1.75 making it around $0.80 and I had $0.40/1 MQ's and French's mustard for $0.50 making it a quarter and I had a $0.30/1 q. So I just walked out without any of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Single mother to dd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 and trying to
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl.

Come join us at the
forum!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
rambler has posted more than 150 good deals!rambler has posted more than 150 good deals!
I think i would call dg and explain what happened I have never heard of that before not being able to use q's on clearance
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 AM

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Today, I got:

Cinch Buttermilk Pancake Mix: $0.45

Squirt Singles To Go (6-packs): $0.38

Chiclets Gum (6-packs): $0.45

Clover Valley Roasted and Salted Pistachios (6 oz): $1.63

I'm having second thoughts about not getting those Clover Valley Apple Jellies. I looked at them, in the store, and thought that no one would eat them. But, now, i'm remembering the taste of apple jelly and actually want some now. At $0.63, I should have just got one for kicks.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
When does this end?

Old 08-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Planet of the Pudding Brains!
AFC Forum Leader for Target

2014 YTD Savings: $6221.00
My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Always Infinity 14ct pads on clearance for $4.26 after 50% off $2.13 and I used $2/1 Always Infinity MQ

Single mother to dd
12 and trying to
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl.

Come join us at the
forum!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aradia_Silvermoon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrose View Post
When does this end?
I don't know. I visited 3 of the 4 stores near me and only 1 had the signs up. I don't know, maybe they are all supposed to be doing it. But, they are not. The discount is not automatic. After they scan each clearance item, they have to hit a key on the register that applies the discount. I thought it was automatic and would come off at the end. So, yesterday, I didn't say anything, until I was given my final total and it was twice as much as it should have been. I told the cashier and she was like 'It's not automatic and I would have to cancel it and re-ring everything'. I said okay and waited. It seemed like she thought I would just let it go and pay the higher price. Yeah, right! That wasn't going to happen - LOL
Old 08-11-2013, 12:22 PM

bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!
Signs said Fri and Sat only at my store. Yes, discount is not automatic. Clerk had to punch a button for the 50% discount.

About them not letting you use a Q because it was on clearance. B S. Make a call to Corporate. Or fill out the survey. Or both.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:07 AM

I stopped by my nearest location this morning and the signs were still up. But, the cashier said that she thinks this is the last day, for the additional 50% off. There was a cart and a rack up front, near the register, that had the same color clearance tags on them. I really wanted to go through it, to see if there was anything good. But, I didn't want to take the chance of it not being included in the additional 50% off. Maybe i'll check tonight.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM

bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!
I saw signs today. Ending date August 28 ish.
The Following User Says Thank You to bananafoster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 PM

mcbk73005 has posted more than 400 great deals!mcbk73005 has posted more than 400 great deals!mcbk73005 has posted more than 400 great deals!mcbk73005 has posted more than 400 great deals!mcbk73005 has posted more than 400 great deals!
My dg did b1g1 free instead of 50% off
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 PM

sub box addict

My Mood/Status:
rockin_on05 has posted more than 150 good deals!rockin_on05 has posted more than 150 good deals!
i want to look so bad, as i did use to shop there regularly.....but i just cant after 2 times of being yelled at and argued to by the store manager at our local store.....im done. wont step foot in there...it was over a year from the last time she yelled at me, then started going in their regularly again and then there was an issue and coupons and a whole big ordeal and 10 ppl staring me down and she had the nerve to tell me / told me i was stealing. it aint going work out like you plan, etc. just plain ridiculing me. contradicting herself with coupon lingo and knowledge...flashing the coupon sign saying this what we do and dont do that. no more than 4 coupons total and only one dollar store coupon per day. she even matched up the coupons with the items and said o yea thats fine then all of a sudden got snappy and refused them and made a scene. o boy and last time she even pulled all items i was trying to get with coupons. which i did happen to several of those items in the clearance aisle with dust on them, theyd been there so long...funny how nobody else even wanted them to begin with. and im telling you it had to been about a year since i went back....what was so wrong with me getting them at a reduced price with coupons. im gettting flustered just thinking about it. she needs to be reported. ive tried and tried to contact customer service, our district manager, dollar general dot com contact form, all and not luck, no help. i know im not the only one in town with complains bout her.

Last edited by rockin_on05; 08-20-2013 at 11:38 PM.