Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 PM
can't wait to have a decent stockpile

My Mood/Status:
loveisnear has posted more than 100 good deals!loveisnear has posted more than 100 good deals!
Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

Don't know if this is posted somewhere or not but there are lots of 0.01 items to buy. They have been clearanced are are supposed to be sent back. Technically they aren't suppised to be on the floor, but if they are found and taken to the register, it is procedure to sell them. It is in their standard operating procedures manual. However, I can't seem to do it in my area. I have raised complaint with the local DM and raised it to the regional manager because he was no help. However, corporate has told me multiple times that I'm right. So, feel free to try it. Look for rugs with a tan dot near the price tag and clothes with pink and gray dots. They will all be a penny. YMMV regarding on whether or not you'll be able to purchase them. However, I haven't seen another post online of anyone who has had as much hassle as I have. So, I think its just my area.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:03 PM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
so what exactly is happening at the register? why cant you buy them?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicasdeal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
That happened here in TN. I fought them tooth and nail for the Kraft marshmallow creme, as we use it to bake with. It was .01 and there were 10 of them. The Manager said he couldn't sell them to me so I said them GIVE them to me FREE so he did but only after arguing for about 10 minutes. Went back another day the same week and found 6 more, and told them to just give it to me and they asked and he was there again and didn't argue just gave it to me. Same with pie crust, 15 of them for free.

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
loveisnear has posted more than 100 good deals!loveisnear has posted more than 100 good deals!
Okay, I found my old account. Same person, but I will see if I can delete the other.
Shelleyf, I am also in TN, in the Tricities. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the penny stuff! I am seeing this all over blogs and am insanely jealous that I can't. I am awaiting a call from the regional manager because of how I've been treated by 2 DMs. Hopefully, he will side with corporate, unlike the DMs and employees here.

Vicasdeal, they ring up as a penny, and the cashiers here catch it and refuse to go through with the sale. They are trained that it is wrong here, and it is tighter than Fort Knox.
I don't usually frequent DG. Had I had known about this during the Kraft promo, I would have slipped a couple of 0.01 items in with others. But, when I tried it, I was just buying a penny item or 2 and unfortunately that will not work here. However, I have researched it, called corporate numerous times, and confirmed it with a DG employee, it is in their OP manual. Also, looked into Article 1-203 of the Uniform Commercial Code, which they are violating at my stores. They are violating the store's duty of good faith, to not have unsellable items on the sales floor. Neither I nor other customers had any reason to believe that those items were "not for sale".
Maybe you guys will have better luck than me. When the cashier realizes, and gets their manager, they call the DM, who spouts ridiculousness smothered in rudeness. Happened twice. So, go you, shelleyf!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveisnear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
And shelleyf, I never thought of asking them to give them to me. They're probably going to throw them away/shred them anyway. That may be my next tactic, but right now I'm trying to avoid DG after how I was treated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveisnear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vicasdeal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
how do you find penny items? by color dots?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicasdeal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Where are these dots at? DG is the closest store to my house so I'm there daily. Hmm...I wont hesitate to go digging through stuff for an hour just because I have no life
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM

watching tv
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah here at mine same thing they will grab it out of your hand and say they can not sale it . Policy.

I tell them there is a whole shelf full and they are like well if anyone else brings one up they will not sale it to them either.
The Following User Says Thank You to terri3000 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
As I had said, yes... you are looking for dots. There are $8-16 rugs in the home section, I have found both rolled and unrolled rugs with the dots. You are looking for the yellow price sticker on the rugs, usually in the top corner. If there is a tan dot, directly below the price sticker, then it will ring up as a penny. If you find one with the dot, you may find other identical one without the dot, but it must have the tan dot for it to be coded as a penny.

As far as the clothing, on the price tags, there are color coordinated shapes on each one. I have seen circles and stars. You are looking for pink and gray circles, not stars. I have found onsies, toddler shirts (even licensed such as Iron Man, Superman, etc.), women's nightgowns, and adult men's T-shirts.
It sounds strange, but if you write down what to look for, then it's really easy to find once you are in the store. And, it's much easier to find them, than explain it. hahaha
I hope you guys can find some and buy them!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to loveisnear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Looks like I.know what I'm doing tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I just got over $100 worth of tshirts
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 04:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Good job! I've found that much or more here too, but they won't let me buy them. Did you have any trouble, TraciBarnes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveisnear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
No she actually told me where more were
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Well I got 15 shirts @ 10$ ea
5 boys shirts @ $5 ea
3 onsies @ $2.50 ea
So 157.50 for 16 cent
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
Awesome, TraciBarnes23! Wish I had a friendly store like that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveisnear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Ya know, I've been a cashier a lot ao I know how crappy it can be. I try to treat every cashier like they've been my best friend forever and it really helps the situation I think.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisnear View Post
As I had said, yes... you are looking for dots. There are $8-16 rugs in the home section, I have found both rolled and unrolled rugs with the dots. You are looking for the yellow price sticker on the rugs, usually in the top corner. If there is a tan dot, directly below the price sticker, then it will ring up as a penny. If you find one with the dot, you may find other identical one without the dot, but it must have the tan dot for it to be coded as a penny.

As far as the clothing, on the price tags, there are color coordinated shapes on each one. I have seen circles and stars. You are looking for pink and gray circles, not stars. I have found onsies, toddler shirts (even licensed such as Iron Man, Superman, etc.), women's nightgowns, and adult men's T-shirts.
It sounds strange, but if you write down what to look for, then it's really easy to find once you are in the store. And, it's much easier to find them, than explain it. hahaha
I hope you guys can find some and buy them!
========================
Are you guys serious? Never heard of this. DG is a long way away for me; it would be an investment of time and gas! But, I need to make a note of this and keep it in the car in case I happen to drive by one like I did yesterday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Easy2save For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Its hit or miss. I went to 4 yesterday. The first I only found 2 but the second I found 16 so really...I find that the super unorganized DGs are the best to go to for that
Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Easy2save has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Sure didn't work for me here. I didn't feel empowered to try anywhere else. It would have cost me gas and time I just couldn't spare...
The Following User Says Thank You to Easy2save For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
It should have. I've been researching this because free is my crack and by what I understand they have to honor it and if not call corporate and they'll let you go bk and get it
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 AM

kaolinpottery has posted more than 100 good deals!kaolinpottery has posted more than 100 good deals!
What kind of t-shirts did you get, if you don't me asking?
The Following User Says Thank You to kaolinpottery For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Adult shirts were for my high school football team but kids were lego ninja and cars.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
There were gray circle's on scrubs but they rang up reg. price
Old 07-13-2013, 03:08 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Gray circles are mens and boys clothes only BUT make sure you're not getting winter stuff the new winter clothes have grey dots too
Old 07-15-2013, 09:28 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
How do you know what color dots, which items, and when?
Closed Thread