Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lisa69 has posted more than 150 good deals!lisa69 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drearydragon View Post
Got my first and only DG penny item today (skateboard). I found two yellow star toys which did NOT ring up a penny, and lights from '10 and even '08 that did NOT ring up a penny.
I found one of these a few days ago (skateboard) and it rang up full price $10 - I was bummed, I wanted this for my nephew.

Last edited by lisa69; 11-20-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetarget View Post
Can someone tell me if the $1 flip flops with the yellow dot are on any kind of sale? I didn't check them last time I was there because I had no need for them, but now someone I know is asking for shoe donations, so I thought I would check it out.
$1 Flip Flops never went to a penny but the $5 ones did. HTH.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 AM

Couponing Country Momma

My Mood/Status:
KGMommaofOK has posted more than 10 good deals
Thought I'd post about my experience yesterday, . I was at my local DG and had just price checked a few items that of course rang up full price, grrrr. And I handed the cashier my stack of penny clothes. I knew they were all gonna be a penny by the yellow dots and lime stars, . And the cashier scanned the first one and saw it was a penny. She then proceeded to call the manager over. The manager told her she had to sell all of them to me. The cahsier was like, I thought we could only sell 1. She said NO, all of them. But I don't see how she found these, I just literally went through all the clothes and sent all the ones I found on the truck that just left off to corporate. .
I proceeded to pay my 18 cents and left.

I personally think that they are cracking down more now because corporate is tired of getting calls and just decided that if they no longer did the penny items then there would no longer be any issues or drama. So maybe the overwhelming calls to corporate is ruining it not just for some, but all in the end.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Designs4mandy has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGMommaofOK
Thought I'd post about my experience yesterday, . I was at my local DG and had just price checked a few items that of course rang up full price, grrrr. And I handed the cashier my stack of penny clothes. I knew they were all gonna be a penny by the yellow dots and lime stars, . And the cashier scanned the first one and saw it was a penny. She then proceeded to call the manager over. The manager told her she had to sell all of them to me. The cahsier was like, I thought we could only sell 1. She said NO, all of them. But I don't see how she found these, I just literally went through all the clothes and sent all the ones I found on the truck that just left off to corporate. . I proceeded to pay my 18 cents and left. I personally think that they are cracking down more now because corporate is tired of getting calls and just decided that if they no longer did the penny items then there would no longer be any issues or drama. So maybe the overwhelming calls to corporate is ruining it not just for some, but all in the end.
We just had the same experience at a DG 5 minutes ago we found tons of yellow dot and green star clothes on the racks. When we checked out the cashier called the manager over and was asking were we found them and wanted to know how they had missed them since they just sent 3 boxes back yesterday with the Halloween items. They are cracking down it seems but still not looking very hard to find these items to send back .
Old 11-20-2013, 09:02 AM

Location: I reside in a little town called Webb in the state of Alabama
My Mood/Status:
Jackson47 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Has anyone checked the white dot clothes or any blue star or yellow dot toys?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CouponCarny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I did check one of the cars table and chair set. Was $30, yellow dot with f12. It rang up at $30.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponCarny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 09:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designs4mandy View Post
We just had the same experience at a DG 5 minutes ago we found tons of yellow dot and green star clothes on the racks. When we checked out the cashier called the manager over and was asking were we found them and wanted to know how they had missed them since they just sent 3 boxes back yesterday with the Halloween items. They are cracking down it seems but still not looking very hard to find these items to send back .
I agree. I found a red dot toddler nightgown from Spring 12 last night. I think the days of LOTS of penny items are coming to an end in MOST stores. However, there will always be stores that don't do a very good job of pulling items.

I've gotten a lot of stuff for the foster kids I work with and I'm tired Also been trying to avoid the 12 step program my family has been threatening me with.

Time to focus on the Black Friday deals at CVS, etc.

Last edited by susantoyota; 11-20-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota
I agree. I found a red dot toddler nightgown from Spring 12 last night. I think the days of LOTS of penny items are coming to an end in MOST stores. However, there will always be stores that don't do a very good job of pulling items. I've gotten a lot of stuff for the foster kids I work with and I'm tired Also been trying to avoid the 12 step program my family has been threatening me with. Time to focus on the Black Friday deals at CVS, etc.
Ya it's kinda getting to be no fun now. The past 2 stores we have hit see the first item at a penny. They get all huffy about it put the rest in a bag refuse to ring it up and go here and hand us the bag. I asked to speak to the manager as I didn't feel this was right and he told us to just take it he didn't care anymore. There starting to get grumpy but there letting us have the stuff it's just not as much fun as it used to be .
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM

ammielou has posted more than 1 good deal
My DIL told me about these deals last night. Don't know if I'll be able to get them, our Manager is kind of an a$$ Would love to get those guns for Christmas gifts. And the Barbie bath set.
I'm going to check it out after work. Wish me luck!!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
lisa69 has posted more than 150 good deals!lisa69 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:

Best haul so far 192 pieces.

Also thought I would share some pics for you guys to help out with what to look for. I know some of these are older but we're still finding lots of them.

Hope these help everyone out. Happy hunting.
Making a 2 hour trip to DR appt tomorrow hope to find lots more.
Went out today and found none of the toys I had seen a couple of days before - I guess they pulled them. I did still find green star and yellow dot clothes though.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM

Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosmom View Post
$1 Flip Flops never went to a penny but the $5 ones did. HTH.
Thanks! I thought I remembered reading that a while back, but I couldn't find it.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mystres has posted more than 150 good deals!Mystres has posted more than 150 good deals!
So I am trying to get the hang of this, yes I have scored some good deals, but it's kinda a seasonal thing? Or are there always penny mark down deals weekly?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Drearydragon has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm pretty new to the DG penny shopping. I've been doing it for about 3 days. I found some pretty good stuff, but now every time I go in a store all the employees are talking about penny items and pulling them before someone comes to check on them. I'm assuming the stores around here are expecting a visit from someone from corporate soon so they are tidying up. Very discouraging! I was having so much fun finding the few penny items I did find. (About 25 items total)
Old 11-20-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drearydragon
I'm pretty new to the DG penny shopping. I've been doing it for about 3 days. I found some pretty good stuff, but now every time I go in a store all the employees are talking about penny items and pulling them before someone comes to check on them. I'm assuming the stores around here are expecting a visit from someone from corporate soon so they are tidying up. Very discouraging! I was having so much fun finding the few penny items I did find. (About 25 items total)
We've noticed that a lot around were we are also. I know the 8 stores we usually hit all have the same DM and she has been in all the stores about every other day now checking on them. But when we do find penny items we have not had any issues lately they just smile and scan them thru they usually make a comment to a manager or another team member about look at all the items we missed or wonder were these ones were at. We just left a DG with 48 items and not a single word was said to us. I'm sure it's gonna prolly be a little harder to find items but easier to check out with them hopefully

Make sure your digging we find most of our clothes hidden under or in the racks. And toys are usually on the top shelves especially if your store has shelving that goes around the outside wall. They put it up there a lot.

Happy hunting
Old 11-20-2013, 06:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
So, my request via corporate to have a DM call me back has been escalated to the RM level because the DM didn't get in touch with me within two biz days.

Admittedly, I've stayed away from DG thanks to my bad experiences. However, tonight I went there on a whim and found some goodies and had no problem at checkout!

image-1757128548.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife, writer, &
owner!
The Following User Says Thank You to ofcoursenot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 06:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ofcoursenot has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Also, I could very clearly tell that my store went on a goose chase for all the penny items...I noticed a big cart in their stock room with all the green dot items and Halloween stuff.

image-3662153392.jpg

Wife, writer, &
owner!
The Following User Says Thank You to ofcoursenot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM

image-329002022.jpg

Today's haul of just clothes. This is from 5 stores. So it was a good day. Just keep digging thru and under those racks. There's still a lot out there just not as easy to spot. We have been noticing also that some stores are turning the tags to the inside of the rack so you can't just walk by and spot the colored tags.

Still finding lots of lime stars and red and yellow dots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Designs4mandy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

Today's haul of just clothes. This is from 5 stores. So it was a good day. Just keep digging thru and under those racks. There's still a lot out there just not as easy to spot. We have been noticing also that some stores are turning the tags to the inside of the rack so you can't just walk by and spot the colored tags.

Red dots? On the clothes? I have only been looking for yellow dots and lime stars.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa69
Red dots? On the clothes? I have only been looking for yellow dots and lime stars.
We found a lot that had pink dots I guess they looked red to me . Marked s12 and f12. They were penny
The Following User Says Thank You to Designs4mandy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Attachment 45385

They're turning the tags to the inside of the rack when it's less trouble just to pull the pennied out clothes as they should? Oh, my.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 PM

Seems that way or they just rip the tags off completely. Total craziness. ;(
Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 AM

Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!
I hit 2 stores yesterday, and there are still plenty of green stars and yellow dots left in clothing. Lots of the bras with the green stars in every location too. Look for the 2 pk of either leopard print/black, or zebra print/black.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:07 AM

aea_jeb7111
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post
I agree. I found a red dot toddler nightgown from Spring 12 last night. I think the days of LOTS of penny items are coming to an end in MOST stores. However, there will always be stores that don't do a very good job of pulling items.

I've gotten a lot of stuff for the foster kids I work with and I'm tired Also been trying to avoid the 12 step program my family has been threatening me with.

Time to focus on the Black Friday deals at CVS, etc.

so red dot sp12 are pennied out?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:53 AM

Couponing Country Momma

My Mood/Status:
KGMommaofOK has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa69 View Post
Me too. I have passed I don't know how many red dots. GRRRR.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post
LOL - My husband told me yesterday, "enough with the penny shopping." I didn't say anything, but I thought, "it has only been a few days and I enjoy it too much." Just a minute ago, before he left for work, he handed me $20. :-D I love him so much!
Closed Thread