Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Lovetosave247 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tespy22
Ok so I'm not sure if I'm following this... This is a '12 item. So it's a penny??
Not necessarily. I think pink and gray dots were a penny. Those might be 50% off.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM

angelsandwolves has posted more than 25 good deals
The yellow dots shoes are 60% right now(just bought some). Also found Captain Joe's Jet Plane game. Originally $10 Light Blue dot F09 for a penny.(its kind of like operation)

Also, all Blue, Grey, Tan, and Pink dots have been reused for the new season so watch the years!!

Last edited by angelsandwolves; 10-18-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tespy22 View Post
Attachment 44559

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm following this... This is a '12 item. So it's a penny??
I thought only the shoes with blue dots were a penny?
Old 10-19-2013, 05:08 AM

Emalyn424 has posted more than 25 good deals
Markdowns always happen on a Tuesday but the Tuesdays may vary between stores based on location/owner etc. FYI a little birdie told me that the spring/summer items should be marked down 90% this Tuesday most likely. HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emalyn424 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 AM

Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My store must stay on top of things. Summer stuff had been 90%, and deeply rummaged and quickly rotated. They already have Xmas set up
Old 10-19-2013, 07:29 AM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emalyn424 View Post
Markdowns always happen on a Tuesday but the Tuesdays may vary between stores based on location/owner etc. FYI a little birdie told me that the spring/summer items should be marked down 90% this Tuesday most likely. HTH.
If the spring and summer is the same spring and summer that is in my stores.................most of that has been marked down and is long gone or picked through...........is there some more spring and summer items?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Most of or stores already cleared out summer at 90 %

We did get some grill brushes on 70% for I believe .40 each.

The green amazing values are 70% off. We went to multiple stores to get the cleaning supplies from those.. and found a few penny items.

Ill have to finish cleaning out the car to get pics but memo pads with a pencil attached and a magnet were a penny, microfiber cleaning cloths were a penny and I managed to find a green D hair clip set.

My stores are insane about penny items. Df made a point to Loudly announce every time I found a penny item and one cashier and manager were terrified "as long as there are no more on the shelf we can sell them. You won't get in trouble if those are the only ones"

I think our dm is a butthead and writing them up over this

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
I went to three Dollar General Stores today and will write up my experiences soon and post some pictures.

First, some questions. Is it possible Dollar General has re-priced (is that a word) the Disney Pillow Pets? I was in a store today that had at least 3 Piglets and 3 Winnie The Poohs that I know I have gotten for a penny in the past, but they rang up at $15. In one store I found an Ironman hopper ball from 2010 that rang up full price. In the 2nd store, a Toy Story hopper ball from 2009 rang up full price.

I'm so confused. . . .
Old 10-20-2013, 11:16 AM

trlangridge has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emalyn424 View Post
All Dollar Generals are owned by the same corporation. The markdown percent depends on the amount of items they have. So if they have a ton of green dot, it is marked down sooner. That is why one may be 90% and the store down the street is only 70%.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlangridge View Post

All Dollar Generals are owned by the same corporation. The markdown percent depends on the amount of items they have. So if they have a ton of green dot, it is marked down sooner. That is why one may be 90% and the store down the street is only 70%.
I want some yellow dot summer and it is only 60% today. They have racks and racks. I am so hoping for 90. Do those kind of markdowns happen on Tuesday. I have never seen 80. So I still have to go through 70%

Old 10-20-2013, 12:14 PM

blueeyes61
I went through a Dollar General in Clinton Township, MI and all of the F12 grey dots were 50% off.? I even found a few F11 and F10?? I can't figure this system out.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:04 PM

mgilliam34 has posted more than 10 good deals
Penny Stuff

I pick up the penny items from several of our local DGs here to donate to a huge, local non profit charity. I finally set this up with corporate after getting mad at the response from the managers when I would find the items on my own. LOL. I picked up this past week and was told that on Tuesday all of the summer/lawn garden stuff will penny out. All of the green dot stuff as well. At least in the South East region (I am in Florida) These are the things that they gave us that are pennied out that I have not seen posted anywhere: Hope this helps others that need it or donate...

Emerson Stainless Steel Heated Travel Mug - priced $6 with no dot. UPC 94202 20357
Big Builder Remote Control dump truck - $12 yellow star UPC 400022607438
Launch Across Game $10 Yellow Star ONLY (there are some with yellow dots that are not) UPC 083933124241
American Seed Brand bags of dirt - marked $3
As Seen on TV - Twin Draft Guard for the door - no price or identifying marks
True Living Moo Mesh Chairs in various colors in a bag - $22 price tag.
Wonder Eggs - marked $5
Seed Starter Trays - 72 Cell Mini Greenhouse marked $4.50

Will try to update more on Tuesday when we pick up again
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mgilliam34 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla Stryker View Post
Most of or stores already cleared out summer at 90 %

We did get some grill brushes on 70% for I believe .40 each.

The green amazing values are 70% off. We went to multiple stores to get the cleaning supplies from those.. and found a few penny items.

Ill have to finish cleaning out the car to get pics but memo pads with a pencil attached and a magnet were a penny, microfiber cleaning cloths were a penny and I managed to find a green D hair clip set.

My stores are insane about penny items. Df made a point to Loudly announce every time I found a penny item and one cashier and manager were terrified "as long as there are no more on the shelf we can sell them. You won't get in trouble if those are the only ones"

I think our dm is a butthead and writing them up over this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20131020_191804.jpg (20.1 KB, 183 views)

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
Found several of these boys' t-shirts recently. Note the pink dot on the tag.

Will post pictures and describe what I went thru (it's funny now) during my weekend hunt tomorrow. Computer is wonky tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM

Gearing up to step up my game!

My Mood/Status:
morena612 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have some questions. So if the item rings up a penny can they refuse to sell it at that price, or do they have to honor that??
Old 10-22-2013, 09:24 AM

kathyjoeb_71_89 has posted more than 1 good deal
i was wandering if you had posted any more about your penny items? thank you ..and if anyone had, had any luck finding anything on the new list...
Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
These are pictures of the items I found, and fought for, this weekend at 2 Dollar General Stores.

Please note that the Barbie Bathing Beauty Set has a yellow dot and a date of 2011 on it. No idea why they're pennied out. I found four at one store during this trip. They're usually on a high shelf at the back, but I've also found them in the regular toy section.

The Jumbo Digital coin-counting banks are usually found on the high shelves in the back of the store, but are sometimes in the regular toy section. No dot or star, but hard to miss when you focus on locating the Jumbo version of this coin-counting bank. I found three at one store during this trip.

Just a boys' t-shirt I found at the last store. Only one at the end of the aisle on a mannequin body. Cute. I think it's only the 2nd one of the Sponge Bob character t-shirts I've found.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by susantoyota; 10-22-2013 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!
any new updates since this is TUESDAY?!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
sabrina43078 has posted more than 50 good deals
Books with the green or hot pink sticker are a penny as of today!
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina43078 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 PM

freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!
is it green or hot pink star,dots or price sticker?
thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 AM

Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeisnice
is it green or hot pink star,dots or price sticker? thanks
It's a big square sticker in the upper right hand corner.

Vickie;
to Wayne, Mom to 1 beautiful daughter, SaraKate (14)
Gracie,
Phoebe, and
Piper
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parrothead For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 06:29 AM

Location: I reside in a little town called Webb in the state of Alabama
My Mood/Status:
Jackson47 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina43078 View Post
Books with the green or hot pink sticker are a penny as of today!
Yea, I found a dozen books yesterday, and also at my stores here in SE Alabama, all green dot, and summer and spring merchandise is 90%.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 01:18 PM

freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!
i didn't find any books but did find "light up squishy rings" for 10.
also saw so angry bird mirror in a little plastic case & angry bird lip gloss. anybody know the price?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM

If you wanna save money on your utilities msg me...

dntexpectmercy86 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes61
I went through a Dollar General in Clinton Township, MI and all of the F12 grey dots were 50% off.? I even found a few F11 and F10?? I can't figure this system out.
Hey I'm from mt. Clemens
Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 AM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
ran into a dollar store nearby and manager told me they were told to rip the covers off the books and send them back. Also found one of the gray dot F!! boy shirts and I have searched thisi store several times and the manager is paticular to comb the store also. I had already found these shirts several months ago at this store. Soooooooooo moral of this stroy: It doesn't matter if you think there is no penny items at a store since you have already covered it several times.................there usually is something that was missed.
Closed Thread