Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 08:28 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsandwolves
Green dot is reportedly going 90% Tuesday...should penny out soon
It's already 90% off at one of my stores. The rest are still at 75% off.

Found a Herb Garden Kit for a penny and a Justice League Hopper Ball from 09 for $0.50.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoonAssassin For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 AM

bbrubaker143 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have a general question. While I know there is no absolute schedule for their sales and markdowns. Has anybody noticed a trend as far as weekend sales vs. weekday sales. I mean do you see more of the sales typically on weekends or weekdays?
I try to limit my trips because I don't have one close by. Wondering if I'm better off going during the week or on a weekend.
I know it tends to be kind of random :-/
Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM

Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrubaker143
I have a general question. While I know there is no absolute schedule for their sales and markdowns. Has anybody noticed a trend as far as weekend sales vs. weekday sales. I mean do you see more of the sales typically on weekends or weekdays? I try to limit my trips because I don't have one close by. Wondering if I'm better off going during the week or on a weekend. I know it tends to be kind of random :-/
The sales normally run from Sunday to Sunday! But the $5/30 or $5/25 usually is Saturday or sometimes on Friday. Several times a year there are special promos. You need to always check the sale papers or website for these. Go to the website and sign up for sale or promo alerts to come to you via text message. I hope this is useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joneswoman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrubaker143
I have a general question. While I know there is no absolute schedule for their sales and markdowns. Has anybody noticed a trend as far as weekend sales vs. weekday sales. I mean do you see more of the sales typically on weekends or weekdays? I try to limit my trips because I don't have one close by. Wondering if I'm better off going during the week or on a weekend. I know it tends to be kind of random :-/
The sales normally run from Sunday to Sunday! But the $5/30 or $5/25 usually is Saturday or sometimes on Friday. Several times a year there are special promos. You need to always check the sale papers or website for these. Go to the website and sign up for sale or promo alerts to come to you via text message. I hope this is useful.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
poodlemom77 has posted more than 10 good deals
Boy you all are finding GREAT! Deals I cant ever seem to find good deals like that here! Our Dollar General Stores are so MESSY you can hardly walk through them sometimes much less push a cart!!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM

mommybug12 has posted more than 25 good deals
Messy stores are usually treasure troves in my experience :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommybug12 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 04:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
sabrina43078 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybug12
Agreed! Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina43078 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina43078 View Post
Agreed! Lol
Definitely!! Even better if it's an older store.

Found something today that I'd never seen on any of the boards. Will get brother to post pictures for me tomorrow.

Last edited by susantoyota; 10-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 AM

Lovetosave247 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybug12
Same here. The messier and manned by teenagers
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybug12 View Post
And if there is an odor. Can't explain it but the stinky and messy one in my area is the best!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The 2014 Nashville area Entertainment Coupon Book is here! --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota
Definitely!! Even better if it's an older store. Found something today that I'd never seen on any of the boards. Will get brother to post pictures for me tomorrow.
Well...the suspense is killing us! Lol
Old 10-14-2013, 09:35 AM

Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisnear View Post
don't know if this is posted somewhere or not but there are lots of 0.01 items to buy. They have been clearanced are are supposed to be sent back. Technically they aren't suppised to be on the floor, but if they are found and taken to the register, it is procedure to sell them. It is in their standard operating procedures manual. However, i can't seem to do it in my area. I have raised complaint with the local dm and raised it to the regional manager because he was no help. However, corporate has told me multiple times that i'm right. So, feel free to try it. Look for rugs with a tan dot near the price tag and clothes with pink and gray dots. They will all be a penny. Ymmv regarding on whether or not you'll be able to purchase them. However, i haven't seen another post online of anyone who has had as much hassle as i have. So, i think its just my area.
a
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 AM

bbrubaker143 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneswoman View Post
Thank you. I signed up for the emails and texts. I think my stores must seem to do a lot of unadvertised sales. I'll go in one store and they'll have the advertised sale plus an extra % off, and then I'll go down the road a couple miles and they'll have something completely different. Maybe its like to the managers special or something.

I've seen several people mention watching videos on you tube, but can't seem to find much listed for penny sales for dollar general. Any suggestions on people to subscribe to or keyword to search?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina43078 View Post
Well...the suspense is killing us! Lol
Patience is a virtue We both work from home, so I must wait until after 'quitting time' and go over there.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrubaker143 View Post
Thank you. I signed up for the emails and texts. I think my stores must seem to do a lot of unadvertised sales. I'll go in one store and they'll have the advertised sale plus an extra % off, and then I'll go down the road a couple miles and they'll have something completely different. Maybe its like to the managers special or something.

I've seen several people mention watching videos on you tube, but can't seem to find much listed for penny sales for dollar general. Any suggestions on people to subscribe to or keyword to search?
Do a google search for Dollar General + penny items. It brings up all sorts of videos on youtube + a facebook page. I don't Facebook, but found the youtube videos helpful as I could actually see what people were finding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
As promised, here are pictures of the stuff I found yesterday. A big thanks to my brother for taking and uploading the pictures! The first picture is of a camouflage t-shirt with a tag of F12 and a gray dot which I found hidden among the exact same camouflage t-shirts with tags of F13 and gray dots.

The next 3 pictures are more exciting. I found them on a high shelf in the back of a rather dingy Dollar General in Sedalia MO. The front of the tag (not pictured) says cool stuff! at the top of the tag in lower case,then Rolling Duffle with a price tag square of $12 off to the side with a pinkish/red dot underneath. The words 18 inch is several inches below the words Rolling Duffle. I wasn't too sure they would ring up a penny, but decided to get a price check since I had never seen them before and the back of the tag seemed to indicate they were manufactured in August 2012. The manager did not want to sell these items + the t-shirts I had found to me, but did so after calling corporate. *So Dollar General Corporate is available on the weekends. When I went to the next Dollar General a few miles away, I noticed the manager talking on the phone while removing the same type of bags from a shelf of purses and bags, then returning them to the same shelf several minutes later. The bags were made by the same manufacturer, but the designs were different and the tags had a date of 2013 on them. She also hung around the cash register while I was in the store. LOL. First time I'd had any of the DG managers 'call ahead' to warn the next store.

Enjoy--hope this helps! Sorry for the delay!

Last edited by susantoyota; 10-14-2013 at 05:50 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Awesome finds!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:03 AM

saving4us has posted more than 100 good deals!saving4us has posted more than 100 good deals!
I went to DG this morning and green dot was still 70% off, gardening stuff was 60% off, yellow dot and green star clothes were $3.00, and the pool and summer toys were 90% off. I actually had everything but the clothes scanned.

I know some stores are on different mark downs so if anyone does find any green dot items for 90% off today please report.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 AM

Lovetosave247 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by saving4us
I went to DG this morning and green dot was still 70% off, gardening stuff was 60% off, yellow dot and green star clothes were $3.00, and the pool and summer toys were 90% off. I actually had everything but the clothes scanned. I know some stores are on different mark downs so if anyone does find any green dot items for 90% off today please report.
Same here
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM

Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post
As promised, here are pictures of the stuff I found yesterday. A big thanks to my brother for taking and uploading the pictures! The first picture is of a camouflage t-shirt with a tag of F12 and a gray dot which I found hidden among the exact same camouflage t-shirts with tags of F13 and gray dots.

The next 3 pictures are more exciting. I found them on a high shelf in the back of a rather dingy Dollar General in Sedalia MO. The front of the tag (not pictured) says cool stuff! at the top of the tag in lower case,then Rolling Duffle with a price tag square of $12 off to the side with a pinkish/red dot underneath. The words 18 inch is several inches below the words Rolling Duffle. I wasn't too sure they would ring up a penny, but decided to get a price check since I had never seen them before and the back of the tag seemed to indicate they were manufactured in August 2012. The manager did not want to sell these items + the t-shirts I had found to me, but did so after calling corporate. *So Dollar General Corporate is available on the weekends. When I went to the next Dollar General a few miles away, I noticed the manager talking on the phone while removing the same type of bags from a shelf of purses and bags, then returning them to the same shelf several minutes later. The bags were made by the same manufacturer, but the designs were different and the tags had a date of 2013 on them. She also hung around the cash register while I was in the store. LOL. First time I'd had any of the DG managers 'call ahead' to warn the next store.

Enjoy--hope this helps! Sorry for the delay!
People can be so petty! Bt glad u faught for ur items! Great score
Old 10-15-2013, 02:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayloveme4ever View Post
People can be so petty! Bt glad u faught for ur items! Great score
Thanks! I thought it was pretty funny. Didn't find anything in the 2nd or 3rd stores, but smiled the rest of the day.

Last edited by susantoyota; 10-15-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:21 PM

lady AB has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post

Thanks! I thought it was pretty funny. Didn't find anything in the 2nd or 3rd store, but smiled the rest of the day.
Lol...that is funny!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 AM

is always looking for a deal
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
slsdmws23 has posted more than 300 great deals!slsdmws23 has posted more than 300 great deals!slsdmws23 has posted more than 300 great deals!slsdmws23 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Wow I knew nothing about penny deals at Dollar general!! Looks like I am off to hunt..
I will post if I find anything

Thank you all!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:31 AM

lady AB has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by slsdmws23 View Post
Wow I knew nothing about penny deals at Dollar general!! Looks like I am off to hunt..
I will post if I find anything

Thank you all!!!
Where you from?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM

Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tespy22 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
image-876989614.jpg

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm following this... This is a '12 item. So it's a penny??
Closed Thread