Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:19 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadiloveslife
Here is how I did it... I went an found 3 webcams at a penny. The manager rang me up and said unfortunately we can't let you take those. I politely said that your policy requires you to sell items to me that are ringing up as .1 for that price. He quickly denied it. I then told him..... Lets assume I am a mystery shopper hired by dollar general to evaluate stores to see if there policies are being followed. If that were the case you would not e following your policies and procedures and that would be a negative against the store. At the point he changed his tone. I do not believe that was lying just putting a thought in his head.
That's a great one! Mystery shoppers obviously can't say they are a mystery shopper, but it does change their tone rather quickly.

On another note, my DG just opened about 3 weeks ago. What are the chances that they have penny items??
The Following User Says Thank You to Remy3188 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:29 AM

Aiden's Mommy

My Mood/Status:
luckyduckiez has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy3188 View Post

That's a great one! Mystery shoppers obviously can't say they are a mystery shopper, but it does change their tone rather quickly.

On another note, my DG just opened about 3 weeks ago. What are the chances that they have penny items??
I will say that it will probably be less likely, however one of our stores just relocated and we thought it could be possible that they simply transfer the old store's items to the new, and if they had any pennied items out on the shelves that it could be possible that they would be in the new building. I'm not sure how the inventory will be if its brand new, but if it's close enough you could give it a walk through.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadiloveslife View Post
Here is how I did it... I went an found 3 webcams at a penny. The manager rang me up and said unfortunately we can't let you take those. I politely said that your policy requires you to sell items to me that are ringing up as .1 for that price. He quickly denied it. I then told him..... Lets assume I am a mystery shopper hired by dollar general to evaluate stores to see if there policies are being followed. If that were the case you would not e following your policies and procedures and that would be a negative against the store. At the point he changed his tone. I do not believe that was lying just putting a thought in his head.
You beat me to it.. I always wanted to say that..Because it's true.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 AM

Aiden's Mommy

My Mood/Status:
We have several DG within a 5 mile radius and the hubby and I went to just about all of them that we hadn't been to this past Saturday. We found some clothes and really cheap forever cuddlee. The first store had mostly men's t-shirts and men's and boy's sleep pants. We did find a few boy's dinosaur t shirts and a lego ninja one and some Bobbie brooks girl's/women's long sleeved shirts too.

The cashier wanted to play dumb to the penny items but she was quick to go get her store manager. My husband took the cart up front (not in line) and went to add a few snacks to the cart while I was finishing up grabbing the last few bobbie brooks shirts. The store manager approached me in the isle and said "ma'am I'm not going to be able to sell those items to you If they weren't in your cart before you got to the check out. I can let you have what you got in your cart but that is it."

She expected me to hand over to her what I had in my hands. I said "ma'am I'm not through shopping and I have not been to the register to check out I only had gone for a price check" She proceeded to get an attitude with me and said "well I will let you get what you got right there but I won't let you go get more." I replied with "You wont let me? So you're telling me that you're not going to let me finish shopping in the store because you're worried that I might find something else that could ring up a penny?" She opened her mouth to say something but didn't. She walked away.

I was waiting to have to correct her on the procedures, but I let it go and finished shopping. I got a few other items from the clearance isle too. When I was checking out finally (a good 15 minutes later) the cashier said "what do yall do, do you just go around?" Im assuming she meant if we go searching for these. I said no, but couldn't pass up one a good price like that. I paid her my $0.39 and left. The manager sure did look pretty mad when we was stocking the shelves.

The other store I found two baby outfits and two kid's shirts. There was no issue there but the manager said as we were leaving "they must be reading those blogs, but this isn't that many compared to what I sent back to corporate." While there an employee from another store came in looking for happy nappers the small ones. She said the stores were pennying them out and she wanted to find some. So that is something else to look for small happy nappers. Supposedly those are a penny too.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyduckiez For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Can you check what it says on the men grey dots . Does it say F11 or F12 and Dept. Makes it a lot easier to find everything...TIA
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Aiden's Mommy

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoupn4That View Post
Can you check what it says on the men grey dots . Does it say F11 or F12 and Dept. Makes it a lot easier to find everything...TIA
The men's shirts say FA11 dept 320
Same with almost everything else mostly gray dots
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyduckiez For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you very much...If i only knew that...This one store that i scored at with pink and blue dots and tons of FA11 dept 320. Anybody in CC, TX area pm me and i will let you know where at, maybe they haven't taken it down.. I'm not going back. I was there only on vacation
Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
yadiloveslife has posted more than 100 good deals!yadiloveslife has posted more than 100 good deals!
Funniest thing just happened.....

I went to a dollar general and was searching through the items to find Penny stuff. The manager comes up to me and asks what I am doing and then looks at my cart. He asks I I do this often and I say yes. He then leaves and while I am walking around the store looking at other things he comes back and says " make you a deal... You get all of these things for free and I also want you to come back every month around this time and search for more things. Anything you find you get 90% of it free and the other 10% you get a 90% discount. I said deal. You may want to ask your stores about it. Having penny items on there floor isn't good for them. They may work something out and stop all the hassle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadiloveslife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadiloveslife View Post
Funniest thing just happened.....

I went to a dollar general and was searching through the items to find Penny stuff. The manager comes up to me and asks what I am doing and then looks at my cart. He asks I I do this often and I say yes. He then leaves and while I am walking around the store looking at other things he comes back and says " make you a deal... You get all of these things for free and I also want you to come back every month around this time and search for more things. Anything you find you get 90% of it free and the other 10% you get a 90% discount. I said deal. You may want to ask your stores about it. Having penny items on there floor isn't good for them. They may work something out and stop all the hassle.
That's wild but wouldn't you still be paying the same with that deal?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
yadiloveslife has posted more than 100 good deals!yadiloveslife has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciBarnes23

That's wild but wouldn't you still be paying the same with that deal?
Yeah you are right and I agreed to it because I hate being hassled. I would rather pay then getting it free without coupons.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
TJN66 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciBarnes23 View Post
Don't call corp! I told you guys the dots were starting over!! Grey dot= fall winter apparell this year.
What color dots are the penny items now if they are all starting over? Im so confused !

Thanks for the heads up..I do need some rugs.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
They're the same as I stated in a previous post but you need to think about what looks new. Are there a crap ton on the shelf? If so you know its not a penny unless you're just incredibly lucky.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!
Awesome! Great manager!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 PM

GamerMommy

My Mood/Status:
GinaLeon has posted more than 25 good deals
So how do u know if an item is a penny? Am I looking for a certain sticker?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Just read thru this thread.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM

GamerMommy

My Mood/Status:
GinaLeon has posted more than 25 good deals
That's what I was just doing now Thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJN66 View Post
What color dots are the penny items now if they are all starting over? Im so confused !

Thanks for the heads up..I do need some rugs.
If you find a gray dot that has a F13 or S13 on it you know they just put them up this year ....13 for 2013 ...Those will not be a penny but if you find with a F11 or S11 those are penny's...hope that helps...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iCoupn4That For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
midnightsunflower has posted more than 100 good deals!midnightsunflower has posted more than 100 good deals!

Last edited by midnightsunflower; 10-07-2013 at 10:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM

hmmmm...........

My Mood/Status:
bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Both of these were a penny..

ForumRunner_20130730_174137.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcarrigan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 02:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsunflower
All of the red and green BOX amazing values pennied out today. Just don't come to my store looking for them b/c I've already gotten rid of them, .
What are the re box and green box?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsunflower View Post
All of the red and green BOX amazing values pennied out today. Just don't come to my store looking for them b/c I've already gotten rid of them, .
Are those the ones that are located with toy aisle...I think I saw them...The items are located in those boxes...right?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM

hmmmm...........

My Mood/Status:
bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!bcarrigan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Mine were by the shoes but yes they were in the solid colored boxes of green
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarrigan
Mine were by the shoes but yes they were in the solid colored boxes of green

Would you be able to take a picture of them?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM

hmmmm...........

My Mood/Status:
I can tomorrow morning
Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!Joneswoman has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsunflower
Can you clarify what is in the red and green boxes?
Closed Thread