Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ashleysaves2 has posted more than 10 good deals
I stopped by a store about 15 min. from my house yesterday and didn't find anything but it's also a new store. I'm going to try the older store by me @ lunch time. Doubt I'll find anything since we have a ton of extreme couponers in my area now that clear shelves. But what do I do if they refuse to sell the .01 items to me? I should be looking for the purple & green dots right? I've read through the entire thread but just want to make sure I'm correct before heading out.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Location: I reside in a little town called Webb in the state of Alabama
My Mood/Status:
Jackson47 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Dance Penny items

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleysaves2 View Post
I stopped by a store about 15 min. from my house yesterday and didn't find anything but it's also a new store. I'm going to try the older store by me @ lunch time. Doubt I'll find anything since we have a ton of extreme couponers in my area now that clear shelves. But what do I do if they refuse to sell the .01 items to me? I should be looking for the purple & green dots right? I've read through the entire thread but just want to make sure I'm correct before heading out.
Hi Ashley! Yes, the purp dot items are 90% off, and green dot is now 75% off in my stores. Even some of the summer toys and garden items are ringing up 75% off. The red dot items are being markdown, as well as, the furniture. End tables were 4.75, bookcases were 9.50. My daughter bought a family sized pool, reg. priced $30, she paid $4.00!!!! Large box of Gain detergent, (icy freeze w/ oxi crystals) was marked down to $5.50! The manager of one of the stores said more mark downs are taking place b/c they've got to make room for fall and Christmas items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thumbs up Dishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwymer View Post
These will be great camper dishes. Ty fir the picture.
That's a great idea, and you're welcome for the pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Lovetosave247 has posted more than 25 good deals
The lucky penny item i found today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1890690224.jpg (81.8 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg image-3499041099.jpg (59.9 KB, 161 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovetosave247 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
Penny item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave247 View Post
That's sooooo cute. I love the colors. Hope I can find one.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 AM

Lovetosave247 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson47
good luck! Look on end aisles. I ve been finding stuff there. Penny items are kind of lodged in there. Plus i found a few more purple dots there too, and those are 90% off
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovetosave247 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 AM

ashleysaves2 has posted more than 10 good deals
Not a lot of luck at my store. I did get a few green dot plates but that was it. But I have a question, what about the items that don't have a color dot on them? For example I picked up a shower curtain that was in with all of the other green dot home stuff thinking that it was part of the sale but it was full price. I had the cashier void it and she got pissed and asked why.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dance Green dot

Quote:
Not a lot of luck at my store. I did get a few green dot plates but that was it. But I have a question, what about the items that don't have a color dot on them? For example I picked up a shower curtain that was in with all of the other green dot home stuff thinking that it was part of the sale but it was full price. I had the cashier void it and she got pissed and asked why.
I know, it's like that in my DG stores. As a matter of fact, the same thing just happened to me last nite! I don't care how pissed they get. If I want something price checked, it is their JOB!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 PM

SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liibyz View Post
I went to two different dgs today. Does anyone have info about these? Also found a bunch of 2011 clothing. Surely that's been pennied out as well.
the spiderman one is ringing up at $10
Old 09-20-2013, 01:48 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave247 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson47 View Post
That is a very cute rug! And to find a brown dot rug so late in the game, wow. Jealous since I have not found a single brown dot rug!

Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->
Old 09-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I say, "I am sorry but someone must have changed their mind and put it down in the green dot section. Or clearance section." After all, it is not our fault items are in the wrong area.

Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->
Old 09-20-2013, 01:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have a question. Sorry, no pic but hoping someone can help anyway.

I was in a DG today--the same one where I got accused of working for DG, etc. and found white kitchen tools--fork, spatula for the frying pan, etc. with a letter, either B or D underneath the $1 price tag in a black box. They were packaged a little differently (no plastic package) than others I had found and were heavier. They were all white except for the handles which had 'fuzzy' looking colored circles on them, I think in blue, pink, red, etc.

Anyone know if they are pennied out? I was too scared to try them.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 PM

peanutmadcow has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota

I was in a DG today--the same one where I got accused of working for DG, etc. and found white kitchen tools--fork, spatula for the frying pan, etc. with a letter, either B or D underneath the $1 price tag in a black box. They were packaged a little differently (no plastic package) than others I had found and were heavier. They were all white except for the handles which had 'fuzzy' looking colored circles on them, I think in blue, pink, red, etc.

If they had different colors on the handle they are pennies out. The items with a letter under them were pennied out a while a go I got several sets of them last month.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!iCoupn4That has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post

I think I got those so I would say yes...
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!susantoyota has posted more than 150 good deals!
QUOTE= If they had different colors on the handle they are pennies out. The items with a letter under them were pennied out a while a go I got several sets of them last month.

I think I got those so I would say yes...QUOTE

Argh!! I knew it. Thanks ladies.
The Following User Says Thank You to susantoyota For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 AM

Grounded for Life

mommybear111009 has posted more than 100 good deals!mommybear111009 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Grrr I'm so frustrated and want answers there aren't really many DGs around here (only2 really) the second closest one to my house is about 20min away and this store is really driving me up the wall because they NEVER have things clearanced like other stores, they need to work on moving items through there store better because everything is really old but yet not clearanced for example the dollar items that were pennies out with the letters under them at this store were only ever marked down to 75% I think it was and this stuff was garbage I mean litterally half the stuff was broken! I went to the store 3 times in the last month checking on them and they never marjed down and never marked down...(the manager recognizes me now even from my penny shopping and knows I've been watching the stuff) so a couple days ago I go to check for the 4th time and they are gone grrr also no half of clearance deals summer clothes not marked down, and I couldn't even find much green dots (only 25% marked down) I just don't get it the manager told me they just don't get the markdowns like other stores do. I call bologna! I think she has just found a way to work around markdowns
I'm going to contact dollar general and get some answers tho cuz its driving me nuts! U can't EVER find a thing clearances more than 25% off (besides the one 70%) I just realized tho that this store has lots of huge toys leaning up against doors and windows and all faded anyone know if they could be a penny? One was like a tent thing you could color I think, also play kitchens
Oh ans I found some marvel and toy story bounce ball things are these the penny ones?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
sabrina43078 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybear111009
Grrr I'm so frustrated and want answers there aren't really many DGs around here (only2 really) the second closest one to my house is about 20min away and this store is really driving me up the wall because they NEVER have things clearanced like other stores, they need to work on moving items through there store better because everything is really old but yet not clearanced for example the dollar items that were pennies out with the letters under them at this store were only ever marked down to 75% I think it was and this stuff was garbage I mean litterally half the stuff was broken! I went to the store 3 times in the last month checking on them and they never marjed down and never marked down...(the manager recognizes me now even from my penny shopping and knows I've been watching the stuff) so a couple days ago I go to check for the 4th time and they are gone grrr also no half of clearance deals summer clothes not marked down, and I couldn't even find much green dots (only 25% marked down) I just don't get it the manager told me they just don't get the markdowns like other stores do. I call bologna! I think she has just found a way to work around markdowns I'm going to contact dollar general and get some answers tho cuz its driving me nuts! U can't EVER find a thing clearances more than 25% off (besides the one 70%) I just realized tho that this store has lots of huge toys leaning up against doors and windows and all faded anyone know if they could be a penny? One was like a tent thing you could color I think, also play kitchens Oh ans I found some marvel and toy story bounce ball things are these the penny ones?
Sorry you aren't having much luck. I would definitely call corporate and find out why their items aren't marked down like other stores. Are you price checking the items? If not, it's possible that they agree just too lazy to put up the signs. Lol

I tried a Marvel ( Iron Man I believe) ball hoppers and it rand up full price last weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina43078 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 AM

mommybug12 has posted more than 25 good deals
I'd try the toy story ball. I haven't seen any anywhere and it's an old movie dot hose could be penny items or discounted.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommybug12 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!
I found an old old looking ball in a box and had cashier to scan it and it would not even scan.........it was not in the system so they would not let me have it......???? She said well we do not have one like it but most of them are at least $5.00.................... wished I would have taken a picture of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pattycake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM

kreed2312 has posted more than 150 good deals!kreed2312 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I found the Star Wars ball that you sit on and it wasn't in their system so she said they couldn't sell it to me
Old 09-21-2013, 03:56 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
sarbla27 has posted more than 10 good deals
This is nothing to do with dollar general. but i just found out...Home Depot has penny items as well? are you kidding me!!! i just might not coupon anymore.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarbla27 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 PM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!Pattycake has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbla27
This is nothing to do with dollar general. but i just found out...Home Depot has penny items as well? are you kidding me!!! i just might not coupon anymore.
Yes! They do!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:58 PM

mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycake

Yes! They do!
Any info on Home Depots penny items would be amazing I can't find anythjng
The Following User Says Thank You to mjlajl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
sabrina43078 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbla27
Do tell!! Is there a list anywhere??!! Lol
Old 09-21-2013, 07:41 PM

Pattycake

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina43078 View Post
Do tell!! Is there a list anywhere??!! Lol
maybe on this forum under home improvement? or google it.................
Closed Thread