Penny Clearance Items... Lets Talk. YMMV

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 11:18 AM

RE: Penny clearance items... lets talk. YMMV

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Actually I was coming here to let you guys know that I was talking to management and she knows I would never do anything to get them into trouble.I guess someone else was in the store last week before I was and got cart loads of penny items and gave the cashier a lot of grief about not being aloud to sell penny items.....so the cashier gave in.DM found out about it and fired the cashier :-(
I didn't know this and they let me go through with the few items I had last week and then again Monday.plus I found out that the reason they have been doing price checks on hand held is because DM is also coming down hard on price checks.
Same DM also said that this store and surrounding DGs that this person is DM of is no longer take manu coupons with $5/$30 or any other $5 off dollar general coupon.I felt really bad thinking I might have caused this but manager told me it wasn't me ,it was another couponer that is causing so much grief.plus she said "how the heck could it be you when you've been on your couponing break all summer ?" Haha that made me feel better knowing I wasn't the cause,but feeling bad that my fave DG has been getting hit so hard from the DM.
I was there today getting decorations for my bus for first day of school tomorrow and seen total work out kit (for use with wii fit) that was marked $20.I just got my physical for my CDL and doc said I gained 6 pounds so decided to put it in my cart...it rang up a penny.asked if it was ok for me to buy it and she said as long as I get only 1 or 2 things it would be ok but don't make a habit of it.so I think my penny hunting days are over.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
That just sounds fishy to me. How come the DM that called me last weekend said its corp policy to sell it? Especially when everyone else is getting the same response but you.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
From what I understood this DM is extremely hard on their employees ,she fired 3 employees in the last 2 months because of coupons and just last week because of the cart load of penny items.I guess this DM came in with a folder with copies she got of receipts and showed it to the employees and one of them was a receipt full of penny items.(this was before I new about penny items) and proceeded to fire the cashier.the manager says this DM reads the rules and interprits it the way she sees fit and is backed by corp.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sorry meant to add that they were told 1 or 2 penny items and no more.no cart loads
I'm ok,this manager and employees are not saying this just to appease me.I would rather do what they want and keep my good rep with them than fight over penny items.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Location: I reside in a little town called Webb in the state of Alabama
My Mood/Status:
Jackson47 has posted more than 75 good deals!
penny items

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciBarnes23 View Post
That just sounds fishy to me. How come the DM that called me last weekend said its corp policy to sell it? Especially when everyone else is getting the same response but you.
Once again everybody, it is the policy of Dollar General to sell penny items, and here's the rule: WHATEVER U BRING UP IN YOUR CART HAS TO BE SOLD. YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GO BACK AND GET MORE, BUT WHATEVER YOU HAVE THEY HAVE TO ALLOW YOU TO PURCHASE IT!!! Of course they're gonna get mad and frustrated b/c it's their fault for still having it on the shelf, but it's store policy. I HAVE CALLED AND SPOKEN TO NOT ONLY DMS' BUT REGIONAL MANAGERS (higher authority) AS WELL. THEY HAVE TO SELL AND THEY KNOW IT. When we first started "penny shopping", we had some problems of course, but I familiarized myself with the managers of my district so whenever there was resistance from the employees or store mgrs., I just cut them short and called corporate. For our district the number is 1-800-678-9258.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susantoyota View Post
I ran into that problem at a store last night with a Buzz Lightyear Pillow Pet. I'd had to call Corporate to get my items as the checker/manager had been taught during her training not to sell penny items. When I suggested she remove the Buzz Lightyear from the floor since it had no tag, she said she knew it was pennied out and just gave it to me.

Finally found Happy Nappers at two stores--all rang up as $20
It's only the small happy nappers that are a penny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
yellow star toys

Quote:
How do you know all of them are?
B/c we bought almost everyone that we could find, but when we first discovered them, they were on sale for .25, and then they eventually went to a penny!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yard sale 7.jpg (35.1 KB, 119 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
Just a few pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson47 View Post
B/c we bought almost everyone that we could find, but when we first discovered them, they were on sale for .25, and then they eventually went to a penny!
These are table and chair sets by Disney that were reg. priced at $50, I'll try and post more pics when I get time. We purchased these awhile ago though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yard sale 6.jpg (48.4 KB, 134 views)

Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
Yellow Star Toys are pennied out

Quote:
These are table and chair sets by Disney that were reg. priced at $50, I'll try and post more pics when I get time. We purchased these awhile ago though.
We live in Southeast Alabama, and some months ago in our local DG stores they clearanced all Yellow Star toys to .25!!! We might have had over $400 worth of toys and paid only $19 and some change. Now that's a deal b/c some of these toys were reg. priced at $50!!!!! They have since been pennied out b/c we've found a couple we left behind!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Juliann has posted more than 150 good deals!Juliann has posted more than 150 good deals!
does anyone know about green star or blue star toys..they had F11 on the back...I didn't grab them in case they were full price... THANKS
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
sarbla27 has posted more than 10 good deals
the dollar general store that i have is small so they dont get much stuff in as all the others. But I am also the only one that goes in there for the deals and penny items. Its been three years of going there, two employees let me walk around with their price checker. In exchange i help fix up the shelf...sort of do there work. Which i have to shorten my trips now because i have two children and cannot spend an hour anymore doing it. but i will try my best to update everyone on what i find. But i havent had to spend over 20.00 for christmas, ever in the past three years of doing this. I was also able to help a lot of families and donate.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarbla27 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Yellow star toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmsMom View Post
Yesterday I checked 3 yellow star toys(skateboard, a Brave dart-type electronic game & a Brave bow & arrow set) and they all rang up full price.
I'm sorry, I should've been more specific. Only the ones w/ the bright looking yellow star. Some of the stars are dark like a mustard color and they're not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwymer View Post
I confused about the tables too apparently it folds into a castle ...
These are table and chair sets. I don't know about just the tables. Here are the pics once again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yard sale 6.jpg (48.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg yard sale 7.jpg (35.1 KB, 88 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:

I'm sorry, I should've been more specific. Only the ones w/ the bright looking yellow star. Some of the stars are dark like a mustard color and they're not.
Which ones have you found?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbla27 View Post
the dollar general store that i have is small so they dont get much stuff in as all the others. But I am also the only one that goes in there for the deals and penny items. Its been three years of going there, two employees let me walk around with their price checker. In exchange i help fix up the shelf...sort of do there work. Which i have to shorten my trips now because i have two children and cannot spend an hour anymore doing it. but i will try my best to update everyone on what i find. But i havent had to spend over 20.00 for christmas, ever in the past three years of doing this. I was also able to help a lot of families and donate.
Thanks sarbla27. That would be great if you can give the heads up!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
Wand Yellow Star toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbla27 View Post
Quote:
Which ones have you found?
The two disney table and chair sets (I posted pics of those), princess and the frog table and folding chair sets, lots of games such as: freddie the flying fish, meatball madness, shaking bacon, fuzzoodles, crazy pens, and sooooo many more. I'll try to post pics of everything. I'm still at work rite now so it's hard to think of everything.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Thanks I could really use some new stuff
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I've seen the princess and the frog sets SOMEWHERE. But like I said...I frequent 35 stores a week so I don't even know
Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM

mommybug12 has posted more than 25 good deals
Sorry I didn't reply to the golf set question I've been working. Looks like someone covered it though.

Last edited by sar1; 08-22-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Yellow star toys

Quote:
Thanks I could really use some new stuff
No prob. Here are a couple of more pics of some of the yellow star toys that were 25cents but have now been pennied out. Remember the star is bright yellow, not dark. Happy to help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KITCHEN SET.jpg (71.2 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg TOYS.jpg (124.4 KB, 240 views)

Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Lord jesus I'm tripping out here. I need new stuff. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? we tell each other these kinds if things. :::dead:::: ahhh.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
No prob. Here are a couple of more pics of some of the yellow star toys that were 25cents but have now been pennied out. Remember the star is bright yellow, not dark. Happy to help!
I <3 u z thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
You got me shaking like a crack head bahaha I'm going christmas shopping tomorrow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
Fyi yellow star toys

Quote:
more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inflatable chairs.jpg (94.5 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg toys 1.jpg (137.6 KB, 227 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
crazy

Quote:
You got me shaking like a crack head bahaha I'm going christmas shopping tomorrow
Traci, you are silly. I'm lmbo, but I was shaking too when I went shopping and discovered they were on clearance. I like sharing b/c we're in different states and DG stores don't often carry the same items, so I'll try to keep current as I can and you do the same. Thanks

Closed Thread