Gray Dots Have Gone To A PENNY In My Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

janemart has posted more than 10 good deals
Update Gray Dots have gone to a PENNY in my store

Had gray dot items that I thought would be a dollar. At register they rang one penny. Many times these items are taken and not sold to me. Today, I said, I thought they were 1.00. Mgr did overide and sold them at 1.00.

Do not be surprised if gray dot tems are taken from you at check out.

I was pleased to get my items today.

Jane
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janemart For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 AM

RE: Gray Dots have gone to a PENNY in my store

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you are correct. They aren't supposed to sell items that ring up for $0.01. They have to destroy them or donate them.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 AM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had that happen to me, too...and it was an item I really wanted and the clerk snatched it out of my hands once she saw the register rang it up at $0.01.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Losingitagain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!
Can they do that if the ring it up that shouldn't be able to just say that you and not let you buy an item that have out for sale
The Following User Says Thank You to momgriz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
if they were going to donate or destroy it... why not just let you buy it for a penny? this makes no sense to me. i'd love love love to get a penny deal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarrellsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
It doesn't make any sense but that's how they operate.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I came across some rock salt a couple of weeks ago for 90%, so the sign said, and it rang .01. Cashier and I were shooting the breeze and she didn't notice. I saw it on my receipt, thinking what a deal and came for more. I told the MOD about it and she said while she couldn't sell me more for .01, she gave me 4 more bags for .10 each - the lowest price on the sign. The rest went to the back. I was glad. I now have 8 20# bags of rock salt for next year and paid .44.
The Following User Says Thank You to sSsLiZARdSsS For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 12:39 AM

sabrinigreen has posted more than 10 good deals
Update Penny policy

I have talked to Dollar General Corporate on numerous occasions now and four district managers and the policy is that you can purchase any penny item that you have in your cart at the time of purchase. Say you have ten pair of shorts that are a penny, you are allowed to buy those, but you can't go back and get more. Stores and even District Managers are entirely misinformed about this policy, but you can call and ask for yourself.
877-463-1553, choose option 3
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sabrinigreen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM

Wishing it could be nap time all day today!

My Mood/Status:
IndyJuJu has posted more than 50 good deals
I would be seriously ticked off if I spent the time to shop somewhere (I'm slower than molasses in January and am a browser when I shop) and they took my purchases back from me instead of selling it. Corporate would be getting one nasty phone call from me. If they aren't going to sell it, the item should never hit the floor or should be removed before someone goes to purchase it. That's just a bad business practice.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyJuJu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 04:31 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJuJu View Post
I would be seriously ticked off if I spent the time to shop somewhere (I'm slower than molasses in January and am a browser when I shop) and they took my purchases back from me instead of selling it. Corporate would be getting one nasty phone call from me. If they aren't going to sell it, the item should never hit the floor or should be removed before someone goes to purchase it. That's just a bad business practice.

Absolutely! Thank goodness that's never happened to me
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM

mycouponaddiction has posted more than 25 good deals
I wonder why they even have an issue with selling an item for .01. If you are trying to get an item out of the door, get it out the door even if its for .01. I totally have a love/hate relationship with DG.
The Following User Says Thank You to mycouponaddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Shopaholic123 has posted more than 100 good deals!Shopaholic123 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycouponaddiction
I wonder why they even have an issue with selling an item for .01. If you are trying to get an item out of the door, get it out the door even if its for .01. I totally have a love/hate relationship with DG.
They probably get more money through tax write offs by donating them. I bought a plastic flowery decoration for my fils grave and I was willing to pay the $4 for it, but it rang up .01 and so it was a sweet little surprise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shopaholic123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
lmjinfla has posted more than 50 good deals
I've looked for grey dot items in my DG, but have only found yellow and the occasional red.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:13 PM

cindylee56 has posted more than 1 good deal
Dollar General

Just returned from Dollar General. And upset. I picked up 2 pillows with red dots, a decorator box with lid with red dot and 4 toys with blue dots. NONE rang up discounted. I was told my the cashier that the pillows were just stocked (school items) toys just stocked Christmas items. She never addressed the box. She called manager who was very rude. Now after HER telling me what she said, HE said that they are to pull red dots and return to corporate. I discussed this with him that, IF a customer brings these to the register they are to give it to the customer (not my fault they didn't pull the items) Tried calling District on my cell but they were already closed. I took a pic of the items in question and had them put aside with my name on them. WIll call them in the morning. Is this true they would be putting NEW red dots and blue dots out? Thanks!!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 AM

sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!sadiepuss has posted more than 300 great deals!
Red dot pillows and decorated boxes are new stock and not a penny item. Not sure on the toys as I don't keep up-to-date on those.

The easiest way to find the penny items is to search these forums and look at the pics of the price tags. Most will have a dated code on them, like F12, FA12, S11, S12, S13, etc. Your best bet is looking for the ones with 12 on them because it means they are older stock as in 2012. hth
Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 AM

lin_swan has posted more than 200 great deals!lin_swan has posted more than 200 great deals!lin_swan has posted more than 200 great deals!
This thread is over a year old. Look in the new threads for a current list of products with photos.

Last edited by lin_swan; 09-05-2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: irrelevant info
The Following User Says Thank You to lin_swan For This Useful Post: