Coupon Policy Change At DG Coming??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Wishing I could quit my job and coupon all day!!

My Mood/Status:
razbury27 has posted more than 50 good deals
Coupon Policy change at DG coming??

Just visisted my DG for the All/Clorox 2 deal, and the cashier stated that they will soon be changing the coupon policy to exclude multiple purchases of the same item. Meaning, instead of purchasing 6 of the Clorox/All deals, you may only purchase 1. Has anyone else heard this??
The Following User Says Thank You to razbury27 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM

RE: Coupon Policy change at DG coming??

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sSsLiZARdSsS has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by razbury27
Just visisted my DG for the All/Clorox 2 deal, and the cashier stated that they will soon be changing the coupon policy to exclude multiple purchases of the same item. Meaning, instead of purchasing 6 of the Clorox/All deals, you may only purchase 1. Has anyone else heard this??
Until they put in writing, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Why would they want to do that when it would affect their bottom line? How else are they going to move all that product without us?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sSsLiZARdSsS For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I really doubt it.

Most stores don't care how much you buy even if you use coupons. They don't lose any money.

My store encourages me to clear the shelves because it improves their numbers and sometimes they get different products as replacements.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Same thing as Scott09 here. I have 4 DG's in my area, 2 that I frequent a LOT! All of them are quite coupon friendly & the managers of the 2 that I am in the most have both told me to feel free to take all I want. DG is the only store that I don't feel guilty "shelf-clearing" on the last day of a sale. Fortunately, they seem to be a mostly under-couponed (is that a word?) resource for me.

It sounds like the cashier you spoke to is listening to gossip from someone who doesn't like or doesn't understand the revenue that coupons bring to their store. Truthfully, I shopped there for some things even when I didn't use coupons, but no where near as often. I used to stop in there maybe once every 2 or 3 months (when I thought there was something specific they would have at a good price) but now I'm in there at least once a week. I suspect that there are a lot of people like me that have become much more aware of them simply because we started using coupons.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 PM

tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tcsmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My local DG is the worst !

If there is a high value coupon out there and mgmt knows about it, they're out of stock for the duration of the coupon.

I was going to use a Lysol $1/2. There was a 3 pack of Lysol and the package said buy 2 get one 1 free. I read the coupon and didn't see any language that would prohibit the use of the coupon in that instance but the cashier said it wasnt good on the multi pack.

If something is on sale and it rings up wrong, the cashier and managers all say, "well that's what it's ringing up" and that's the end of the story.

There is no reasoning ...... I don't even try. I just end up leaving the items there on the counter. Im really happy for everyone else that has a good experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to tcsmom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmom View Post

If there is a high value coupon out there and mgmt knows about it, they're out of stock for the duration of the coupon.

I was going to use a Lysol $1/2. There was a 3 pack of Lysol and the package said buy 2 get one 1 free. I read the coupon and didn't see any language that would prohibit the use of the coupon in that instance but the cashier said it wasnt good on the multi pack.

If something is on sale and it rings up wrong, the cashier and managers all say, "well that's what it's ringing up" and that's the end of the story.

There is no reasoning ...... I don't even try. I just end up leaving the items there on the counter. Im really happy for everyone else that has a good experience.
Have you thought about contacting corporate? It sounds like the employees aren't being helpful at all and I don't think that's corporates goal. If you complain about the way they act, maybe they will stop.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmom View Post

you should contact corp about the stock limits and the pricing issues ...but the $1/2 lysol coupon cant be used on the multi packs 1 UPC = 1 product so you would have to buy 2 multi packs to use 1 coupon ... I think you should be able to use it but its the "rules" and how the computers work any multi pack works this way
The Following User Says Thank You to sicily01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 12:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!
I had not heard anything like this but I had TERRIBLE issues today there. I had alot of DG Q's and mfr Q's. It took me 2 hours to check out because the register would not accept more than one DG coupon in the same transaction. And No, I was not trying to use the $5/$25 Q. I did not have more than 4 of any same item and read all the fine print. The cashier couldn't even manually put them through. So I had to make SEVERAL separate transactions all having just 1 item. Bottom line being the registers would not allow me to use more than one of the same Q. Example: I had 2 DG Q's for $1.00 any scrubbing bubbles item. I got scrubbing bubbles drop ins and scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. But the registers would not let me use the other Q so I had to split it up. Was a HUGE PIMA! I will also add the DG Q's no longer say one coupon per transaction like they used to. I have to go back in the morning because they screwed me out of $10.25 in coupons. I will most likely just do a return on those items because I am sure with the level of knowledge most DG employees have concerning coupons they would have no clue how to refund me what they owe me. They took the coupons but they did not reflect on my recites.