Price Matching!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

BrookieMonster has posted more than 10 good deals
Fyi Price matching!

While at my DG last night, one of the employees informed me that they will do price matching. I don't know if she is management or how legitimate this is, but I think it is worth a post. She said that they will NOT match store reward sales though... up rewards, ecbs, etc. I will give this a go this week if I can find something. I will post my findings when I find them.... and if anybody finds anything new about this, please post, so I do not waste my time if it is unnecessary. Thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BrookieMonster For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 AM

RE: Price matching!

My Mood/Status:
shelly2234 has posted more than 300 great deals!shelly2234 has posted more than 300 great deals!shelly2234 has posted more than 300 great deals!shelly2234 has posted more than 300 great deals!
wow this would be NICE!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Grounded for Life

preferred customer 19 has posted more than 10 good deals
that sounds great
Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM

yea. we will just have to cross our finders. i think the best option would be to pm dollar tree since they wont take qs. but i dont ever get circulars for dollar tree. is there someplace i can find these online?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM

One more thing. They ask for an ad with the price. They will not pm without it.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I spoke to my Favorite DG manager a while back about this. Unless the policy has changed in the last 2 months or so, he said that DG will PM, but only on a case-by-case basis & they would have to call the District Manager for approval. His take on it was that it would depend on the item & the customer. I'm headed over there in the morning & I will re-check this with him to see.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok, just got back from my Awesome ALL run (8 bottles for $8 + tax... WOOT)! I asked the manager at my store about Price Matching. He said that Dollar General will Price Match a local store's current ad as long as you bring in the actual ad. If you want to also use a coupon with the price matching, it could get tricky because the register may or may not accept a coupon once they have adjusted the price. So, my DG manager said that he would manually adjust the price after the price match & coupon all in one shot.

For example. Dollar General has an item for $6.00 and Store X is selling it for $5.00 and you have a $1.00/1 Mfg coupon. DG would adjust the price to $5.00 and try to scan the q. If it scans, wonderful, if not, he would void the transaction & manually adjust the price to $4.00 & keep your ad & Q for his paperwork.

Since price matching at DG seems to be a little tricky & depends a good bit on your relationship with the store personnel, I would suggest caution & speaking to the Store Manager before a good deal ever comes up!