Free Maalox Advanced + .50 Overage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
hunnypotsmom has posted more than 400 great deals!hunnypotsmom has posted more than 400 great deals!hunnypotsmom has posted more than 400 great deals!hunnypotsmom has posted more than 400 great deals!hunnypotsmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
Free Free Maalox Advanced + .50 overage

Went to Dollar General with the $5 q from this last Sundays paper. The 12 fl oz bottle is $4.50 the coupon went through with no beeps so be sure to grab a candy bar or something as a filler!
I also stood my ground on the $1 Cream of Wheat*(corrected) and got 2 boxes free, the manager had to key it in manually but I was patient as they looked over the coupon, it states any size with no exclusions on it!

Last edited by hunnypotsmom; 01-12-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: wrong cereal
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hunnypotsmom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM

RE: Free Maalox Advanced + .50 overage

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jcsaxx has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hello fellow Arkansan.... Where did you find the cereal coupon?

I can confirm the Maalox being under $5, looked this morning.

Last edited by jcsaxx; 01-12-2011 at 07:57 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcsaxx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
tyvm! I have 1 $5 coupon left after the CVS deal.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
superclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!superclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnypotsmom View Post
Went to Dollar General with the $5 q from this last Sundays paper. The 12 fl oz bottle is $4.50 the coupon went through with no beeps so be sure to grab a candy bar or something as a filler!
I also stood my ground on the $1 Cream of Wheat*(corrected) and got 2 boxes free, the manager had to key it in manually but I was patient as they looked over the coupon, it states any size with no exclusions on it!
I tried the cream of wheat last night. The coupon beeped & the cashier looked at it for like 5 minutes. I asked what she was looking for & she said she was trying to read the pic on the coupon to see if it was ths same size as what I was buying. Lol. Then she calls the manager..(by this time large line forming) manager looks it over & asks how much the cream of wheat cost to which the cashier replies $1.00. The manager makes this sound like a balloon deflating looks at me, rolls her eyes & says " well that's why, their not going to give it to you for free".
I just said, I get stuff free all the time with my coupons. Just delete it off my order. My 13 y/o daughter says as we walk out the door "dugh mom what does she think coupons are for anyway?" Lol I just had to laugh.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to superclipper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superclipper View Post
My 13 y/o daughter says as we walk out the door "dugh mom what does she think coupons are for anyway?" Lol I just had to laugh.
nice!

Honestly, it is not our fault that their store is having a sale while a coupon is out. Just because the cashiers, assistant managers, managers, or even district managers don't know a coupon is out there that would make a product free, does not mean that the upper echelon of the company didn't know. They probably did, and were banking on coupon users to come into the store to pick up free product X, and then hope they would purchase more things. Otherwise, stores would be employing more people to make SURE that products which had coupons out would NOT be on sale during specific time periods.

I don't understand the mentality of some cashiers and other workers -- that cashier said to you, "You can't be coupon savvy." I've been told that I can't get products for free either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by veriria; 01-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 AM

watching tv
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by superclipper View Post
i tried the cream of wheat last night. The coupon beeped & the cashier looked at it for like 5 minutes. I asked what she was looking for & she said she was trying to read the pic on the coupon to see if it was ths same size as what i was buying. Lol. Then she calls the manager..(by this time large line forming) manager looks it over & asks how much the cream of wheat cost to which the cashier replies $1.00. The manager makes this sound like a balloon deflating looks at me, rolls her eyes & says " well that's why, their not going to give it to you for free".
I just said, i get stuff free all the time with my coupons. Just delete it off my order. My 13 y/o daughter says as we walk out the door "dugh mom what does she think coupons are for anyway?" i just had to laugh.

i think that manager needs to look at her coupon policy because if you read it is says they do not take free coupons if it is printed from the internet which means a coupon that says free item on the internet coupon not a coupon TAKES SAY 1.00 OFF AND THE ITEM IS 1.00 WHICH MAKES it free that is crazy what is the difference of me getting the overage from one coupon and getting this item free with another coupon . That is crazy see needs to read her coupon policy.

See at my dollar general i went and asked the manager if i have a coupon that is more than the item if it is for that item and he said they would try it and if it went through yes. They are really coupon friendly at my favorite dollar general and then you get those dollar general's that are not so coupon friendly.
The Following User Says Thank You to terri3000 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 AM

Is there such thing as too much toilet paper?
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've seen A LOT of people complaining about them not being coupon friendly!!! I have yet to try, but I am now really thankful I am friends with the manager there!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM

My three boys :)

My Mood/Status:
mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommyoftwins05 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 PM

looks like a nice weekend

My Mood/Status:
teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!teresalovesmark has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnypotsmom View Post

I grabbed the candy bar as a filler and used a BOGO Hershey's coupon & got the Maalox & two candy bars for $0.15, plus tax.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to teresalovesmark For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM

watching tv
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxykinsiii View Post
i've seen a lot of people complaining about them not being coupon friendly!!! I have yet to try, but i am now really thankful i am friends with the manager there!!!
if you ever have a question ask that manager she will tell you and if she does not have a coupon policy print one out for that store that is what i did at mine.