Kohl's Return Confusion

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 05:12 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Kohl's Return Confusion

Back in July I purchased $62.70 worth of items during a spend $50, get $10 Kohl's Cash promo. The hem came out of a pair of the pants I purchased and while I can sew well enough to do hems, it just doesn't seem worth it. Regular price of $46 and they're falling apart in less than two months? Um, no.

The pants were on sale for $18.40 but the lady tells me because I earned Kohls cash they can only give me back $9.xx. I don't shop there enough to know if that's true but it makes some sense. They would also only be able to give back the $9.xx if I got it back on a merchandise credit card.

Here's where I get confused. She told me that I could do an exchange for something that costs $46?!

I purchased 3 items to qualify for the promo but they have to deduct $10 from the one item I'm returning. So I can't get the money I actually spent but they will let me exchange for something that costs more than double what I actually spent. I didn't have the time to shop today so, I still have the pants.

For you regular Kohls shoppers, is this the norm?

TIA!!!
and momma to Dobby the furbaby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 05:24 PM

RE: Kohl's Return Confusion

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
sad to say, yes that is their revised DIFFICULT return policy enforced for at least a year now, afaik. we have to thank the rampant abuse they allowed to go on for years for them to come up with this difficult return policy. They are now punishing everyone, not just those who abused their easy return policy.

I now shop @ JCP since they send out $10/$10 homemailers very often plus the rewards certificate.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:34 PM

RE: Kohl's Return Confusion

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have been a kohls shopper for years. If you return your pants the total that you spent for the 3 items must dip below the $50. If you used the $10 kohls cash, there is the $10 that they are deducting from your pants. If you didn't use the kohls cash, they should be able to deactivate it and give you what you paid.
I also believe that as long as the pants are not on clearance you can match the exact price $46 for another item in the same department for exactly $46. That is the pain. It has to be $46 and you have to like it, or else it might be worth it to return it for $9. You should be able to get a refund the way you paid also. Did you pay with store credit/gift card?
HTH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and married to Kevin

After taking a year off from couponing and living off of my stock pile, I am back and ready to save!