Important Info On Kohl's $5 Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Inlovewithnight has posted more than 100 good deals!Inlovewithnight has posted more than 100 good deals!
Important info on Kohl's $5 coupons

Today I went to Kohl's and they wouldn't accept my $5 printable coupon. Kohl's said that the coupons now need to have an email address on it. When my coupon would arrive, I would hit "view this email in a Web browser". Well, when you do that it prints without an email address on it. And I'm sure if you purchase these coupons from Ebay, there isn't an email address on the coupon. So I just wanted to give a head's up in case your Kohl's has decided to change their policy on the $5 coupons.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Inlovewithnight For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM

RE: Important info on Kohl's $5 coupons

Save a life..Please consider being an organ donor

My Mood/Status:
chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thanks for the heads up! My Kohl's wouldn't accept mine the other night. I had 2 of them and was going to use them in 2 separate transactions, the manager told me that the 5/5 q's are limited to one per person in their LIFETIME, not just per transaction, or per day. I had been using 5 of these q's every month since our new Kohl's opened in October, but I guess they are starting to crack down here too. I realize that the abuse of the 5/5 q's has been rampant for years, but they still encourage everyone and their pets to sign up for their email alerts to get these q's. If they don't want people to use them, why even offer them?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mommy to 2 beautiful daughters: Amelia (1/31/08)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Adelynn (3/29/11)
, and 5 precocious kitties!
RIP to our sweet kitty Henrietta
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 AM

mycouponaddiction has posted more than 25 good deals
Ugh I just ordered some of these, I hope this does not happen to me
Old 05-12-2012, 04:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
wow. i'm using one today (my daughter received it and won't be using it) with a 10 off 30 peelie/stickie. let's see what happens!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i was able to use the $10 off from ebay with no issues or mention of this ... man i sure hope they dont start asking here i love my kohls deals ! ....
& chris who can lift a car if he had to hahaha
- we have 1 doggie
and 2 kitties

I am way addicted to coupon use
The Following User Says Thank You to couponfairy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM

littlenicolekhhs2004 has posted more than 100 good deals!littlenicolekhhs2004 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had three to use one night in three seperate transactions and they tried to give me trouble. It wasn't like I was buying a $5 shirt either. I was buying $20 pants each transaction. I told them they could either take the coupon and take off $5 or they would lose my $15 each x 3. They took the coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to littlenicolekhhs2004 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipokae View Post
" the manager told me that the 5/5 q's are limited to one per person in their LIFETIME, not just per transaction, or per day"
...The manger is making things Up. When a Kohl's store just open they send out coupons many times. (I know because they opened a new store like 2 years ago in my area)
Maybe the manager is also NEW and is not familiar with the store policy.
I used the first "Grand Store opening" e-mail 5/5 and then by the next week the store sent me another 5/5 and I used them without a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to isabelpak For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM

mycouponaddiction has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenicolekhhs2004 View Post
I had three to use one night in three seperate transactions and they tried to give me trouble. It wasn't like I was buying a $5 shirt either. I was buying $20 pants each transaction. I told them they could either take the coupon and take off $5 or they would lose my $15 each x 3. They took the coupons.
Lol..nice. Have to use that one.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Thinking

oemby has posted more than 1 good deal
Yes it is "LIFETIME, not just per transaction, or per day" that is what the directive the manager got from HQ said. But she gave up after a month cause a customer complained to corporate an they gave the customer what they wanted. The directive is still valid unless you complain then we have to take care of you. I guess this may vary form store to store. So send a email to the company see if you can get taken care of.

Last edited by oemby; 06-01-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Mistakes
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Inlovewithnight has posted more than 100 good deals!Inlovewithnight has posted more than 100 good deals!
A friend of mine emailed Kohl's in regard to how many Kohl's coupons you are permitted to sign up for. This is the reply:

In regards to the $5 dollar coupon it is for signing up with an e-mail address for our sale alerts. You are able to sign up for the sale alerts once per one verified e-mail address. We need to have a verified e-mail address on the coupon you printed out in order for it to be used in the store.

How would you interpret this? Does it mean only "once" per lifetime, or does it mean only "once" per verified email?
The Following User Says Thank You to Inlovewithnight For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Thinking

oemby has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlovewithnight View Post
A friend of mine emailed Kohl's in regard to how many Kohl's coupons you are permitted to sign up for. This is the reply:

In regards to the $5 dollar coupon it is for signing up with an e-mail address for our sale alerts. You are able to sign up for the sale alerts once per one verified e-mail address. We need to have a verified e-mail address on the coupon you printed out in order for it to be used in the store.

How would you interpret this? Does it mean only "once" per lifetime, or does it mean only "once" per verified email?
What the directive from HQ said it was "one per customer" of that coupon type. An it exclude multiple visits, transactions, different days etc. Just email Kohls an ask if you can submit multiple email address to get multiple coupons that would answer you question. But like I said if you push the point you will get what you want eventual.
The Following User Says Thank You to oemby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I didn't even know they had the email address on them anymore? I thought it was just the url that prints on the top or bottom of the page when you print? Where does it show the email??
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 PM

Your email will print on the coupon as long as you don't hit "view this email in a web browser". Just print the coupon right from your email.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM

ninajonson has posted more than 1 good deal
Is anyone else having problems getting the $5 Kohl's coupons? I have tried signing up for new ones twice in the past two weeks and haven't received anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I use to sign up for them regualrly, now I just find it's easier to buy them. I pay around $2 for 10 coupons. So i'm not sure about having issues receiving them.

I do use the $5 coupons regularly though, usually two per store (I go on each side of the store to checkout) and I have NEVER had an issue. In fact, I started using my phone instead of printing out the coupons, and they scan right from my phone.

I think your store needs to go over their policies for a refresher course!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Thanks, Remy! I haven't had any problems in a while but suddenly I can't get them. I may be going the ebay route if I get desperate enough!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 PM

gentr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninajonson View Post
Is anyone else having problems getting the $5 Kohl's coupons? I have tried signing up for new ones twice in the past two weeks and haven't received anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Same here. I started asking for the coupons again 2 weeks ago and I've gotten zilch. I have not asked for them directly from Kohls in several months because i've been buying them on ebay. Are they still asking you to "click verify" a second email from them to get the coupon? I haven't gotten that email as of yet. Incidentally, it seems even the Ebay coupon scammers (all from overseas BTW) seems to be running low on supply.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentr2 View Post
Same here. I started asking for the coupons again 2 weeks ago and I've gotten zilch. I have not asked for them directly from Kohls in several months because i've been buying them on ebay. Are they still asking you to "click verify" a second email from them to get the coupon? I haven't gotten that email as of yet. Incidentally, it seems even the Ebay coupon scammers (all from overseas BTW) seems to be running low on supply.
They still doing the "Verify". The crazy thing is that they wait like 3-5 days to send the second e-mail.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM

gentr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelpak View Post
They still doing the "Verify". The crazy thing is that they wait like 3-5 days to send the second e-mail.
Oh man. Then something is up/down at the kohl coupon center. It has been 12 days and all I got was the first intro email and nothing else. I asked for several coupons over 3 different days and got nothing so far. I've read elsewhere few yrs ago about clearing the cache before entering email so I just tried that w/ 4 new yahoo emails I made up. I will update here if anything develops.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 PM

I tried doing the same thing this time. I cleared my cache before I entered each email address. I hope that will solve the problem. I *did* get one coupon last week and noticed that the confirmation email had changed so something is defintely different. I guess I'll find out soon enough if it worked!