Help - Rite Aid Corporate Coupon Policy

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!
Help Sign Help - Rite Aid Corporate Coupon Policy

The district manager in my area is calling me either tomorrow or Monday with information about their coupon policy, but I wonder if anyone has more info about Rite Aid's corporate policy because the customer service representative at the 1800RiteAid said they DONT HAVE ONE!! He said it varies by store and can also be left up to the manager. I said that seemed like poor customer service because you will not know what to expect when you go to Rite Aid at different locations.

Today I went into the same Rite Aid that I went in earlier this week to get the Hydra shampoo and Lysol Neutra Air for free with the B1G1 sale and coupons. I had no problem earlier in the week, although the cashier did question the deal but the shift supervisor said they got a memo saying they could use one coupon for each item purchased. So I found one more coupon for each that I thought I had lost. I got 2 hydras and 2 lysols and my total was $0. Well the cashier needs a manager's approval for a $0 transaction. The manager that came over was the store manager. He said no, you can't do this. I said yes, you can. You will be fully reimbursed for the price of the items with the coupons. There are many stores in the area that do this, and I can also get a copy of the corporate coupon policy. (I thought that was posted on afullcup but it must have been for a different store.) I said he should call corporate. So he said, OK, I will. He went to call corporate and returned several minutes later and said, no you cannot do it. I never expected him to say THAT!! He was very nice and said, since you are already in here I will let you, but no more. He was informing the cashier at the same time. He apologized for the wait. I again mentioned that there are all different stores including other Rite Aids that take B1G1F coupons with a B1G1F sale. (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) I said I would get a copy of the corporate coupon policy and he asked me to bring it to him because he doesnt get informed with that info either.

After reading so much on other thrifty websites and afullcup I never expected this. So, I called the 1800 number, and the man said there is no coupon policy, it is left up to the managers, specifically the regional/district manager. He told me he would give my info to the district manager and he will contact me to try to straighten this out.

I am just wondering if there is anything else I need to understand before I talk to him? There are SO MANY Rite Aids in this area, I would hate for him to make some decision affecting our whole region and ruining the use of coupons for everyone in our area.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 04:02 PM

RE: Help - Rite Aid Corporate Coupon Policy

is....

My Mood/Status:
shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
What area are you in?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:49 AM

Riteaidcallcenter has posted more than 1 good deal
Coupon Policy

Hello Customer, I am the manager at the Rite Aid call center, I just wanted to say thank you for calling in and inquiring about our policy. We do have a Corporate coupon policy and I will post it below. I will speak to my reps and explain that if we have a policy they should communicate this to the customer. Sorry for any inconvenience and our policy is as follows:

SCOPE
This policy applies to all associates that work in a Rite Aid store location and field management.

POLICY
Store management will ensure coupon activity is properly accounted for and according to the highest standards of Rite Aid fiscal responsibility. Coupon count discrepancies and/or any other suspicious circumstances may constitute fraud. As such, store management will be held accountable for discrepancies reported by the manufacturer and/or redemption center.

To avoid discrepancies, all coupons must be scanned at the register, and then secured in the Rite Aid coupon envelope. Store management will forward all redeemed coupons to the redemption center once weekly using the coupon envelope.

In addition, store management will review weekly cashier performance reports to identify unusual or excessive coupon transactions. The District Manager will be notified when unexplained activity is observed and assistance is needed.

Rite Aid accepts four types of coupons: 1) those generated by the manufacturer and found in newspapers; 2) manufacturer’s coupons found in Rite Aid circulars; 3) Rite Aid store coupons, also known as “valuable coupons,” that also are found in Rite Aid circulars; and, 4) only those internet coupons that contain the official Rite Aid name and logo as authorized and recognized by Rite Aid. Note: Rite Aid will not accept ANY “free product” internet coupons.

Rite Aid will not honor coupons that have expired, or have been, or appear to have been reproduced, altered, or misused in any way. This includes coupons that have been, or appear to have been scanned electronically reproduced, or obtained via Internet (other than those taken from the Rite Aid website or another authorized website, and/or bear the official Rite Aid name and logo). Coupons may not be reproduced photocopied, trimmed, or altered in any way.

Rite Aid reserves the right to deny redemption for coupons that exhibit signs of misrepresentation, including, but not limited to: “gang cut” (coupons presented in bulk that appear to have been cut by machine – a form of coupon fraud), similar cuts and tears, or sequential number patterns. Coupons may not be reproduced, photocopied, trimmed, or altered in any way by the customer or Rite Aid associate.

PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Cash Value
Coupons, and their face value, cannot be exchanged for cash.

Competitor Coupons
Front-end competitor coupons will not be honored at Rite Aid.

Coupon Retention
Associates will treat coupons with the same care and attention as cash handling transactions by securing processed coupons in the register during the day, and then in the Rite Aid Coupon Redemption Service envelope.

Expiration Dates
Associates will inspect each coupon’s expiration date to ensure its validity. Once scanned, cash registers will review the coupon to ensure the product is included in the purchase. Return expired or ineligible coupons to the customer.

Internet Coupons
Coupons obtained from the internet will be honored only if the coupons bear the official Rite Aid name and logo and are authorized by Rite Aid. Rite Aid will not accept ANY “free product” internet coupons.

Instant Redemption Coupons
On occasion, a vendor may offer instant redemption coupons in support of a merchandise promotion. These coupons must be immediately adhered to the product. Forwarding vendor instant coupons directly to the clearinghouse, without first allowing our customer the opportunity to redeem with purchase, is a violation of this policy.

Limits on Usage
Only one manufacturer’s coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled with a manufacturer’s or valuable coupon found in a Rite Aid circular.

Post Coupons
Post coupons, those offered by the customer after the transaction is completed, require store management approval.

Recap Reports
Store management will process coupon recap reports once weekly and forward to the Rite Aid Coupon Redemption Center.

VIOLATION OF POLICY - DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Associates who fail to adhere to this policy are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riteaidcallcenter For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 AM

SAVVEY SAVER
Nuttier than a Squirrel turd

My Mood/Status:
bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
So does this mean no Manufact. IP's?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!
Thank you for posting the policy. As far as I can tell it does not specifically address buy one get one free coupons used during buy one get one free sales.

I do notice that it says you can use one item per coupon. I would assume this means that when I buy something from Rite Aid (for instance shampoo) and it is on sale B1G1 Rite Aid is "giving" me another shampoo. Well, when I get to the register, I am using a coupon instead of cash to buy the first item. Is this correct? (I would also think that some might intepret this to mean you could use 2 coupons for overage during a B1G1 free sale.)
Old 07-18-2008, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
I am in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:40 AM

pprogram

pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
this is the reply that I received regarding my question of using in ad coupons in addition to manufacturers' coupons :

A,

Our corporate coupon policy is as follows:

All coupons must have a valid expiration date. Manufacture coupons are
limited to one an item. Rite Aid in-house coupons that begin with RC48 and
RC49 in the barcodes can be used with a manufacturer's coupon. Competitor's
in-house coupons are not honored at any Rite Aid store. Some manufacturers
coupons do not have a specific set price on them - it will be up to what the
item costs or a certain dollar amount and must be written in by cashier.
Internet coupons will only be accepted, if they are Rite Aid coupons printed
from our website.

Gwyn
Customer Support
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 AM

has nothing to say

My Mood/Status:
neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!neekyme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprogram View Post
this is the reply that I received regarding my question of using in ad coupons in addition to manufacturers' coupons :

A,

Our corporate coupon policy is as follows:

All coupons must have a valid expiration date. Manufacture coupons are
limited to one an item. Rite Aid in-house coupons that begin with RC48 and
RC49 in the barcodes can be used with a manufacturer's coupon. Competitor's
in-house coupons are not honored at any Rite Aid store. Some manufacturers
coupons do not have a specific set price on them - it will be up to what the
item costs or a certain dollar amount and must be written in by cashier.
Internet coupons will only be accepted, if they are Rite Aid coupons printed
from our website.

Gwyn
Customer Support

I recently received the same response when I asked about the new coupon booklet and if they can be used with mqs. The only difference was that mine said that if I was going to use a RA and a MQ together, the total of the two couldn't exceed the price of the item I wanted to use them on. And the specifically said that IPs from the RA website were fine, but not from any other online site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and baby Isaac
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

Tags
aid, corporate, coupon, policy, rite