Batman Movie Tickets - No Theaters Nearby!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
is glad her kids love school!
Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance Batman movie tickets - no theaters nearby!

I went to Rainbow last night and got an awesome deal by getting the two free Batman tickets - or so I thought!

I went to redeem my two free Batman movie tickets and it said there were no theaters nearby that I could see the movie! I searched for Minneapolis then and found about 8 theaters in the Twin Cities area - but none were within THIRTY MILES of us!

It does give me option 2, which states:

Option 2
We can mail you a card allowing you to purchase tickets at your local theater which does not participate in our online redemption program.

I'm not sure how this works and I'm a little leery. Although I would actually rather have the pre-paid card (if it's valid and works anywhere that is!). That way I don't HAVE to see Batman and can go another time.

Has anyone else run into this? From what it states, it seems like it is a Fandango prepaid Visa card. I would think I could use this anywhere. AND, if they are willing to give me $25.50 (which is what it says is the maximum - I guess I'd be REALLY happy! But, I have no idea what is going to happen and wanted to know if anyone else has tried this?

Last edited by dollface4111; 08-20-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:17 PM

RE: Batman movie tickets - no theaters nearby!

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
When do the tickets expire? Is it possible that they will eventually have it in a threatre near you soon?

Although a prepaid Visa card wouldn't be bad!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Actually, they won't send me the tickets because there is no movie theater in our area that will accept THEIR tickets.

What it seems like you are supposed to do, if you have a theater near you that accepts their tickets - is to choose the date and time you are going to go the theater and then you are committed to this. I'm not 100% positive that is how it works as I was unable to get that far in the process.

We have Batman in the theaters near us - but the theaters near us don't take the Fandango tickets. I'm curious as to why my store would have this promotion then? Kind of strange!

If they give me the full value of $25.50 on a pre-paid Visa card, I have no problem with that. We haven't gone to an evening movie in years, so we don't pay full price anyway!

I guess no one else tried this deal?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

abbagabba has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm so excited as this is my first post and the debit card is such a great deal a couldn't resist writing in!

The Fundango debit card has a total value of $25.50 and can be used at any movie theater that accepts Visa debit cards (which in this day in age should be all theaters). It states on the paperwork that comes with the card that it is to be used to purchase two tickets and can only be used for one transaction, however, it does not state any restrictions on the card itself.

We went on Saturday to our local CEC theater and purchased 2 tickets ($7.75 each) and additional $10 in gift certificates. Our total was then exactly $25.50 after adding the gift cert. Since both tickets and gift cert. were on one transaction it used the entire balance of the debit card with no problems. We then used the gift certificates at the concessions.

In the end we had a movie, popcorn and drinks for FREE!! What a fun date night!

Hope this helps!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbagabba For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM

Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
Oh wow! Yes, it does! Do you have to go see the movie in a certain timeframe? Do you have to see Batman? And how long does it take to get the gift card?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:59 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

abbagabba has posted more than 1 good deal
The card does not specify which movie you have to see. It just says "Fundago" debit card on it. We saw Batman, but you should be able to see any film.

I'm not sure on the expiration date. I believe it was the end of August, but as I have to more sets of codes to redeem, I'm probably going to use my future cards to purchase $25.00 in gift certificates. This way I can use the gift cert whenever and not have to worry about the deal expiring. The card took about a week to receive my snail mail.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to abbagabba For This Useful Post:

Tags
batman, movie, nearby, theaters, tickets