I Know Everyone Else Has Been Having Issues

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!
Angry I know everyone else has been having issues

But here's my story.

I went into my Target on Monday just after 4pm. I had the $5 off diapers/wipes Qs, 4 Target Quaker Qs, 2 $1.50/2 Ziploc Qs, $1 Gerber cup Q and $1 Johnson Buddies Q

I grabbed all my items and went up to the register. The cashier scans everything and I hand her my coupons. She looked at the Johnson's Buddies coupon (with the little pink bottle on it) and immediately sets it down. Doesn't even attempt to scan it. She scans one of the ziploc coupons and it beeps. She called another cashier over, they both looked at the coupon and told me that it wasn't for the items I purchased (the 25 ct bag of ziplocs by the register). I said that it was for ANY TWO ziploc items and I got the "we'll push it through THIS time" line. I told her that I bought 4 packages and had 2 coupons. They called over the team lead. She said that I couldn't use it. Then she saw the Target IPs in the cashiers hand and told me that I couldn't use ANY of them. I told her that it was just the $5/$25 toy coupon. She told me that I was wrong and ANY coupon that said "Target Web Coupon" was fraudulent. She even pointed to it on my coupons and said "See, these are fake." Yup. She called me a criminal in front of a line of customers. I told them I don't want any of it them and walked out.

I was so embarrassed and frustrated. I started crying as soon as I left the store. When I got home, I called the store and asked GS about the coupons. I was told that the only coupon they were not accepting was the toy coupon.

So I decide to try again. I go in a little bit at 6pm. I see the team lead as I walk in. Go about my shopping and get back up to the registers. The cashier rings everything up (didn't get the ziplocs this time), starts scanning coupons. The quaker ones go through just fine, but the $5 pampers one won't scan. By this time, the team lead is standing next to me bagging my items. She tells me "I told you that we can't take those." When I said that wasn't what GS told me, she has the cashier put a hold on the transaction, takes my coupons and goes to GS. She comes back 10 minutes later and tells me that she's not sure who I talked to, but they're not accepting them. I told her that I didn't want the diapers then. She took me to another register and rang up the quaker bites, cup and buddies soap. The Johnson's coupon beeps and she tells me that she can't take it. She didn't even look at it. When I asked her why she couldn't take it, she read it to me. I told her okay... that's what I bought. She told me that it won't go through but I can pay for it and call the manufacturer and send in my receipt. I told her no thanks. Just take it off. I left the store paying full price for my toddler's snacks and no diapers.

I called the STL (store manager) this morning. She didn't seem to care that the team lead treated me so rudely. Nevermind that she basically called me a criminal and humiliated me. I was told that they should have taken the coupons and if I come in again and am given any hassle to ask for a manager.

I'm sorry. That's not the right answer. Don't accept my coupons, whatever. I'll shop elsewhere. Treat me like a criminal, I don't think so.

I called corporate. I told the rep EVERYTHING. I told him that I understand that there's been some problems with 1 or 2 coupons and people are confused. He said that a lot of the team members are confused, but how the team lead treated me was unacceptable. I gave him the times of my visits and her name. He's filing a complaint against her. He's also sending me a letter of apology and some coupons.

If you read all of that, you're an angel. I just needed to get this off my chest.
Garrett was diagnosed with ASD at 21 months.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM

RE: I know everyone else has been having issues

not again!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Target needs to train their CS reps better-so sorry this happened to you too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skbrush For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Thankful for AFC and all my coupon buddies!!

My Mood/Status:
Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Shoppinglizzard has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
No YOU are the angel for going back a third time. You must be like me, in a place where you only have one Target. Doesn't that just stink?! When I lived in Florida I had around 5 Target stores to chose from. You should take the letter of apology to the store manager and discuss the problem with him so he can train his staff.
Hope your next trip is much better!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoppinglizzard For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM

I have full inserts for sale!

My Mood/Status:
farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
That's ridiculous. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It seems like everyone has the same type of story. I say don't leave the store, get on the phone with corporate while you are there. Have someone at corporate talk to these employees that are so clueless. It's really getting out of hand.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
That's really frustrating! I live out in the boonies, if they did that to me there would be no going back later. I only get to Target once in awhile, it really sounds like it wouldn't even be worth the trip.

Sorry that happened, I hope they straighten her out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2ThreeLovesCVS For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!mama_katz has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ThreeLovesCVS View Post
Sorry that happened, I hope they straighten her out!
From what my friend (ex- Target team member) said, she'll get written up. She'll really have to watch herself after that.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SophiesMommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_katz View Post
From what my friend (ex- Target team member) said, she'll get written up. She'll really have to watch herself after that.
target can be a lil nutts when it comes to team members getting in trouble. its very easy to get fired and very hard to get fired. i was the manager of starbucks for several years. it was frustrating. i would have young kids never show up for work, be rude, not do there job and i would write them up time and time again but let me tell you when a guest complains... thats a whole diffrent ball game. chances are she will be put onto corrective action and out the door in no time. im so sorry you were treated that way! i hate when cashiers/manager make us feel like criminals for using coupons and saving out family money.
The Following User Says Thank You to SophiesMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Ava's Mama

My Mood/Status:
TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TigerGirl1226 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
So sorry you had issues
The Following User Says Thank You to TigerGirl1226 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
sadie1975 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Wow, that's unacceptable. Target REALLY needs to clean up their act concerning these dang coupons! Like putting a coupon in the ad itself, just to reward us for shopping there after this fiasco.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadie1975 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 AM

Winter is back!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubledee4 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
You know these Team leads are getting mixed signals, they are being told not to accept any ip's or web coupons from their ex's, then, we the consumers know for a fact it is only the two that have been doctored that should not be accepted. Some of these ex's have decided on their own to just say okay we will just not accept any period...it is causing major problems. I feel sorry for the Team Leads as well as the poor guest that are being caught in the middle. It is not the ex's that are going to get reamed out and wrote up it is going to be that cashier or Team Lead that meets you at the register, not the ex that handed down that blanket decision...the idiot. I am so sorry you had such a problem. But am proud of you for standing up for what you did and for following up. I probably would have just cried and gave up.
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledee4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!mandarn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so sorry you had to deal with this. It's enough to make you want to boycott Target. I know how you feel, I have been there, done that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Rebel Roo, precious dachshund 6 years old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and an RN part time.
So proud of my DH who serves in the US Air Force
The Following User Says Thank You to mandarn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
chadandlex has posted more than 100 good deals!chadandlex has posted more than 100 good deals!
I feel for you, I had a horrid experience at target yesterday myself. I plan on going to a different target this moring to use my coups.
The Following User Says Thank You to chadandlex For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 AM

loves her CVS!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
iamamommy has posted more than 400 great deals!iamamommy has posted more than 400 great deals!iamamommy has posted more than 400 great deals!iamamommy has posted more than 400 great deals!iamamommy has posted more than 400 great deals!
Why does Target have horrible Team Lead? Aren't they supposed to be trained and have customer service??
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!coffelover has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Sorry, they gave you such a hart time, they can be rude... But please don't cry next time, they are not worth it!

The Following User Says Thank You to coffelover For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 AM

is ready to run!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
next time, just tell the cashier you'll call corporate to make sure its ok. pull out your cell phone and call corporate target right in front of them (while they wait, of course). never mind the people in line behind you. you waited in line and now it's YOUR turn. and you're not leaving without your stuff!

or go up to GS and tell them 'you told me I could use this coupon, she says I can't. I'm tired of the runaround. Call corporate and get an answer for me!'
The Following User Says Thank You to patbruck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HokieMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I don't think I could have gone back. I'm glad they are sending you some q's and an apology.
and
The Following User Says Thank You to HokieMom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 AM

in love with my snuggle baby born 5/11/11
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ala119 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow We all need to take a stand! We know we're not criminals and not stealing by using coupons. Either don't buy the products that they won't let you use q's for or stop shopping there altogether, and tell them why!
IMO I try to shop more at Target with my q's than Walmart because A) it's a MN based company, B) some cashiers just K1 them through C) because it's just a nicer environment to shop in.
Mommy and "better half" of Craig

If my post has helped you, please click the THANKS button
The Following User Says Thank You to ala119 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 AM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a problem w/$1 q's on 99 cents items last week and was also treated like I was trying to get away w/something even though the cashier and customer service agreed that the items met the conditions of the coupon - size, brand, etc.I emailed Target last week (no response) and called corporate yesterday. I was told that I was right and they would contact the store and make sure they understood. More importantly, corporate told me that if it happens again, tell customer service to pick up the red phone at the CS area and call corporate and they would be happy to assist them in figuring out how to do the coupon adjustment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
Clyde's Mom has posted more than 75 good deals!
WOW! I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. I am glad that you took all those steps to call the store and corporate to get the situation brought to their attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2008, 10:30 PM

loveabargain has posted more than 50 good deals
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to loveabargain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If it makes you feel any better that exact thing happened to me, I went all the way to the CEO and no one cared.

Sally
The Following User Says Thank You to Sally For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 AM

is too lazy to keep track of her YTD savings
AFC's Awesome-est Member

My Mood/Status:
violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry that happened to you! Why is it so difficult for the employees to understand that it is ONLY the toy and $5/25 coupons that are no longer excepted? All of AFC has it figured out and we don't even work there

The Following User Says Thank You to violetblue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2008, 12:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
sadie1975 has posted more than 75 good deals!
This just happened to me tonight! They wouldn't price adjust coupons down to the price of the item, so I ended up having them remove half my items. A bunch of bad stuff happened. My cashier and the lead were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually heard my cashier and another cashier making fun of me in the parking lot bc I couldn't afford to buy Pampers without using coupons. They were laughing and bad mouthing me. I've got to call corporate tomorrow but I'm scared of confrontation, so it'll be hard. Sorry to hijack your thread but I needed to get it off my chest.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadie1975 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 AM

Getting ready to do some damage with qs!
Budgie

My Mood/Status:
budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!budgiebirdy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie1975 View Post
This just happened to me tonight! They wouldn't price adjust coupons down to the price of the item, so I ended up having them remove half my items. A bunch of bad stuff happened. My cashier and the lead were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually heard my cashier and another cashier making fun of me in the parking lot bc I couldn't afford to buy Pampers without using coupons. They were laughing and bad mouthing me. I've got to call corporate tomorrow but I'm scared of confrontation, so it'll be hard. Sorry to hijack your thread but I needed to get it off my chest.
That's awful!!
The Following User Says Thank You to budgiebirdy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie1975 View Post
I don't like confrontation, either. That's why I left the store crying the first time. But corp needs to hear about what happened. Their corporate guest service reps are very nice. Let them know that you are familiar with their coupon policy and you know that a lot of the cashiers are on edge about the coupons but how they treated you was unacceptable. No one deserves to be treated like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mama_katz For This Useful Post:

Tags
issues