Can Someone Please Tell Me About These Photobooks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Can someone please tell me about these photobooks

What is so exciting about them?

I don't take a lot of photos, but I am thinking my husband could you a photobook of his art that he does..might be kind of cool..

however, I am clueless on:

1. what they are
2. How you do it
3. Is it worth the money

etc..

Also..I have the coupon for free photos..does that somehow get worked into this photo book??

Thanks

I know nothing!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonflower For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:12 PM

RE: Can someone please tell me about these photobooks

Wonkiness Abounds
AFC Star Member

Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
There are a couple posts on the photobooks where the questions you asked are answered. And since they're free after ECB AND there's a $3 coupon for the 6X8 size, you aren't out any money to try one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madmurphy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2008, 04:15 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
where is the $3 coupon?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:39 PM

loves to save money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have never made a photobook either and would like any information as well. Which machine do you use? I know my store has 3 or 4 machines...but I don't think they all do the same thing. And any pointers on how to make them would be great. Also, can these be done at home, online and picked up in the store?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:55 PM

went to play with friends

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
I have never made a photobook either and would like any information as well. Which machine do you use? I know my store has 3 or 4 machines...but I don't think they all do the same thing. And any pointers on how to make them would be great. Also, can these be done at home, online and picked up in the store?
I believe that you can do them at home online but I wouldn't recommend it for your first time. I have made four books, three for gifts and one to keep. I made them at the store and the photo tech was OUTSTANDING!! She was an asset. She gave suggestions and helped me to understand all the ins and outs. I highly recommend going in for your first one so the tech can teach you the tricks.

You make them on the same machines that you do photos on. There is a screen to start the book. You select the size, page number (you can add pages for an additional cost), and page color. You place the photos on the page and go back and move and size the photos for each page. You can add writing and pick your font.

I like the cut out front of the larger books.

It would be helpful if you had your photos on your disk already in the order you plan to put them on the pages. It is difficult/time consuming to move the photos around. You might not want your "little people" helpers the first time either.

Once you are done, the photos will come out of the machine and the tech will assemble the book. The pages are not like traditional scrapbook pages (think Creative Memories). The pages feel like regular photos (think slick).

The books will be FREE after ECB and a money maker if you have the coupons. The coupons were in a Sunday coupon flier. If you missed them there, I think that the photo techs had some coupons if you ask.

Have fun!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to treasurehouse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2008, 08:09 PM

went to play with friends

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Photo Coupons

I forgot to add that I saw the photo book coupons advertised for sale on couponsandforms.com.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 PM

loves to save money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurehouse View Post
I believe that you can do them at home online but I wouldn't recommend it for your first time. I have made four books, three for gifts and one to keep. I made them at the store and the photo tech was OUTSTANDING!! She was an asset. She gave suggestions and helped me to understand all the ins and outs. I highly recommend going in for your first one so the tech can teach you the tricks.

You make them on the same machines that you do photos on. There is a screen to start the book. You select the size, page number (you can add pages for an additional cost), and page color. You place the photos on the page and go back and move and size the photos for each page. You can add writing and pick your font.

I like the cut out front of the larger books.

It would be helpful if you had your photos on your disk already in the order you plan to put them on the pages. It is difficult/time consuming to move the photos around. You might not want your "little people" helpers the first time either.

Once you are done, the photos will come out of the machine and the tech will assemble the book. The pages are not like traditional scrapbook pages (think Creative Memories). The pages feel like regular photos (think slick).

The books will be FREE after ECB and a money maker if you have the coupons. The coupons were in a Sunday coupon flier. If you missed them there, I think that the photo techs had some coupons if you ask.

Have fun!!
Thanks for all the helpful info! I will be sure to ask the photo tech for coupons when I do my cvs run tomorrow. Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 PM

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Out of 5 or 6 stores that I went to last week, only *1* of them had the CVS photobook coupons. But at least I found some.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 PM

excited to start couponing again!

My Mood/Status:
babybenzmom has posted more than 10 good deals
Sweet!
Baby #2 will be here on the 14th. The hospital has wireless internet. The family will think I have it all together if i can put a couple books together to send home with grandmas BEFORE I even get out of the hospital.
In reality, not that organized, just cheap!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's a link to a thread that might answer all of your questions! I posted this a few days ago and it tells which inserts the Qs were in and some other tips on making them! They are free and very nice! You can put over 50 pictures in one book and add text and everything! Check out this other thread for more info!

http://www.afullcup.com/upload/cvs/9...ek-7-13-a.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="http://img.afullcup.com/images/smilies/compute-9.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Compute 9" class="inlineimg" />

Last edited by MommyofJack; 07-05-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: added link
The Following User Says Thank You to MommyofJack For This Useful Post:

Tags
photobooks