Do You Turn In Sellers For Excessive Shipping?

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 08:14 AM

RE: Do you turn in sellers for excessive shipping?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
As a seller, I do charge more because the paypal and ebay fees are ridiculous for us now. It is more cost efficient for us to sell an item for .99 (that's worth, say $20) and put that $20 in the shipping fees... so we don't get gipped by eBay. Either way you look at it, whether we charged you in the bare cost or in s/h cost, you are most of the time getting it much cheaper than you would retail anyway. For example, I had the Gilette Venus razors (3 of them) listed about a month or so ago... I had them as BIN for .99 and charged $10 shipping. The shipping cost $5 and my costs to ebay/paypal was like $2.50. I made only 2.50 off of the razor. But, if I would have done it the other way and charged $5 for the razor and $6 s/h, I would have lost money because my final fees would have been higher. I think you need to realize that the shipping fees and the item fees should be added together and then determine if it is a deal... most of the time it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you accept a raok/pif from me, please PM me with the item you are taking as the subject and your address in the message (even if we've traded before)..it'll make things much quicker moving! Thanks!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamsMom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
GiddyMoon has posted more than 25 good deals
People need to remember that most sellers are not there to do buyers a favor, they are there to make an income. The price of the item in no way shape or form has ANYTHING to do with the COST to ship the item they are selling. I do not even know why coupon sellers do what they do. A HUGE portion of their sales go directly to ebay and paypal. They are essentially putting in 90% of their effort for someone else..not exactly a smart business move. It is a fact that items under $10 make ebay and paypal money, NOT the seller.

If you won a $1, 10 pound vase would you expect the shipping cost to not be over $1?

If you are looking for a handmade item that takes 40 hours to create, do you not expect to pay for their time?

People also do not realize that shipping prices are very high, time IS MONEY and I see people mentioning the price of a stamp, but no mention of the cost of the envelope or the time the seller is taking to get this to the buyer who CHOSE to bid while they shop from THE BUYER'S chair. The seller is doing all the labor and the buyer still wants it for less.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sold on ebay to make money for my family. At the same time, I bought on ebay to save money for my family, BUT I would never expect the seller to work and do things at a loss to make things easier on me. If the item coupled with the shipping fees is not worth it, the buyer has the MOST power on ebay, by skipping that auction. To one buyer the auction may be a great deal, to another it may not be, but it doesn't mean it is a scam.

Do you know what it cost me to ship a 1lb package across the states the other day? It was cheaper to use the 8.95 flat rate. FOR ONE POUND! I know many people that would guess in the $4-6 range, WRONG.

As for things that aren't that heavy..how do you know they don't hire someone to package? How do you know what their supply costs are? When we ship an item, we use good, clean boxes. If I cannot find them for free, which I usually can't, they cost me $3.00. Bubble wrap is another $2 and the half hour to package. How much an hour does a buyer expect a seller to not make? I don't know, can you provide for your family on not getting paid for the labor you put in?

I should figure that into the item you think? Not according to the business world and why would I allow ebay to take ANOTHER PERCENTAGE on my fees? Ebay has nothing to do with my shipping and package costs, so why should they get a percentage on that?

They shouldn't.

Now I realize we are talking about coupons..but the bottom line is, it doesn't matter. No one should expect anything for free. No one should expect the seller to take a loss and NOT being paid for your time IS a loss and NO ONE should expect the seller to barely cover their costs when one truly does not know what the costs are. People are on ebay to profit, whether that means buying or selling. A buyer trying to get something at a loss to someone else is no better than some of the sellers buyers complain about..

Bottom line, if a buyer is doing their homework, researching what they want to buy, what kind of reputation the seller has and has figured how much they want to pay to have it delivered right to their door saving them time and gas searching for it, then the ultimate power is in the buyer's hands.

I know this sounds harsh..but believe me, I am actually a very friendly and laid back person with a huge heart..and this is why I choose honesty..it gets to the point of common sense and clear reasons. Hopefully this has made some sense to people.....because truly, this IS how it works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GiddyMoon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM

In Love With Coupons
Trying to stockpile again.

My Mood/Status:
ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovable_chick_21 View Post
when I post something on ebay, I start the bid low, and adjust the cost in the shipping, the shipping I charge is ALWAYS posted in my auction, I start the auctions at 99 cents or less, and a larger shipping charge, to equal the minimum of what I want to get for the item, if I started the bid low, and the actual shipping charge, I might not get what I want, and I hate to have a reserve on something so low as coupons. When I buy anything from ebay, I check the shipping price, add what I am willing to bid on it and if I like the price, I bid, I don't ever ONLY look at the bid.....and for people who don't SELL on ebay, a lower final sale price, the less ebay fee you have to pay. Meaning, if some of the cost is in the shipping fee, the final sale bid stays lower, may have less bidders, but still get what you are asking for the item when you total it together.
JMO though.......
I do the same thing.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I concur with the others, if there is an item I'm interested in, I check the S/H charges. If I find it too much, I search for a similar item. I always factor in the S/H charges to the over-all cost of the item.

if I win a swimsuit for .99 and the S/H is $10, I can still live with that for total of 10.99 for a nice NWT swimsuit.

BTW, for those who buy on ebay or amazon, are you all aware there is a USE TAX we should pay for online transactions where there is no sales tax?

Tags
excessive, sellers, shipping, turn