Can I Buy ECB Items In Separate Transactions And Still Get The ECB's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
is ready to run!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
can I buy ECB items in separate transactions and still get the ECB's?

dumb question probably, but I'm dying to know:

let's say I want to do the charmin/bounty/duracell deal on sunday (buy $20, earn $10 ecb) but I want to maximize my $5/15 coupons too.

can I purchase $15 worth of 'qualifying items' in one transaction and purchase the remaining $5 in a second transaction and have the ECB's print at the end of my second receipt? or do all $20 worth of items need to be purchased in one transaction?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 PM

RE: can I buy ECB items in separate transactions and still get the ECB's?

workin, workin, workin...

My Mood/Status:
Momof2Babes has posted more than 75 good deals!
good question, I'd like to know too!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with #3 and wife of 5 1/2 yrs to Aaron
Old 05-28-2008, 01:55 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes you can..your cashier may not appreciate you but you can.
Also they may enforce the 1 coupon per customer on the 5/15..you never know how picky your cashier will be.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonflower For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 PM

is ready to run!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!patbruck has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
hmm looking at the 5/15 right now and it DOES say 'one per customer' (did not notice that before). is this Q linked to our EC card? I don't think it is...
Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 PM

is VERY excited about her new dog!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you can --- and you'll be able to see on the bottom of your receipt how much more you need to spend to earn your reward!

I bought the mayo for $3 on Sunday (and other items to use a 5/15), and my receipt said
Unilever, Spend 10 Get 3 EB
Amount towards this Reward $3
Amount Needed to Earn Reward $7

and then on Monday, I bought mayo, tea and peanut butter, which cost another $7.50 (and other items to use another 5/15) .......... had mfg Q's for everything.....

my $3 EB printed and my receipt then said
Offer Limit Reached $10.00.

It's very helpful that the receipt helps you keep track. If you have more than one card, remember which card you used to start your cumulative deal on --- I have made the mistake of making the 2nd purchase on a different card, which doesn't finish off the one I started.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CookieMom50 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2008, 02:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Mom2ThreeLovesCVS has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you can split the deal up to maximize your q's.

When I want to do something like this I'll get the 1st transaction, pay for it, take it to the car & come back in.

I've read on several different threads that you are a new "customer" every time you walk in the door. Now that doesn't mean use the $/$$ 10 times in a row, even the nicest manager might bite your head off for abusing it like that! And, you might ruin it for everyone else.

I really only get to go out to CVS once a week. BUT, there are 3 stores that I can go to, I usually only wind up going to 2. I'll start at the one the farthest away and do 1 or 2 transactions. Then go to the next and do the same. I've never had a problem with this method.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mom2ThreeLovesCVS For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 PM

is VERY excited about her new dog!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
is this Q linked to our EC card? I don't think it is...
I don't see how it could be --- it came out of a newspaper, not someone's email ---I've used it at least twice a day for the past few days with no problem --- it shows up as "CVS Coupon $5.00" on my receipt --- I don't know whether the CVS "system" keeps track of them via the specific UPC code when it scans or if it's just another $5 coupon...............

The Following User Says Thank You to CookieMom50 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2008, 04:39 PM

is ready to run!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ThreeLovesCVS View Post
Yes, you can split the deal up to maximize your q's.

When I want to do something like this I'll get the 1st transaction, pay for it, take it to the car & come back in.

I've read on several different threads that you are a new "customer" every time you walk in the door. Now that doesn't mean use the $/$$ 10 times in a row, even the nicest manager might bite your head off for abusing it like that! And, you might ruin it for everyone else.

I really only get to go out to CVS once a week. BUT, there are 3 stores that I can go to, I usually only wind up going to 2. I'll start at the one the farthest away and do 1 or 2 transactions. Then go to the next and do the same. I've never had a problem with this method.
yeah, the last thing I want to do is call attention to myself! I used the 5/15 for the first time today and it went through no problem (and I'd like to keep it that way!)
I was thinking of actually using the $5/15 at different CVS locations on Sunday as not to raise suspicions. not like I'm doing anything wrong...but I definitely don't want them to think I'm abusing the 5/15. I have two stores less than two miles away from me so I thought splitting the transactions up between stores might raise less eyebrows.

thanks for everyone's input. you've answered my question!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM

is thankful for her family
Make it a great day!!!

My Mood/Status:
LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!LVMom2twins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I usually go from 1 store to another store, but sometimes it doesnt register right away, but then it fixes itself later....its crazy! SO yes you can do seperate trans to maximize your q's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Kaden
and 2 fur babies

Old 05-28-2008, 07:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have 3 CVS stores in my area. Two in the neighborhood and one on the way to work. When one store does not have what I'm looking for I head to the small CVS that sometimes does have the merchandise. I make a partial ecb purchase and use the smallest denomation of ECB'a to bring OOP to its lowest. Sometimes it can take me a week to fufill the ECB requirement for just one set of products. It can be tricky at times but it usuall works out. I'm one of those people who thinks I will not able to find the monthly deals for the entire month and will go the store the first day the month to get all my ecb deals. I have issues I know this is not the best way to do it, but for me it works.

Couponing is the best Hobby to Have
Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM

is out shopping
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMom50 View Post
I don't see how it could be --- it came out of a newspaper, not someone's email ---I've used it at least twice a day for the past few days with no problem --- it shows up as "CVS Coupon $5.00" on my receipt --- I don't know whether the CVS "system" keeps track of them via the specific UPC code when it scans or if it's just another $5 coupon...............

It's my understanding that CVS does keep track of the specific codes/UPCs of the coupons you use. If you don't raise a fuss, nothing will happen, but CVS can go into your account and check EVERYTHING if need be.

Tags
buy, ecb, items, separate, transactions