CVS: FREE Bone Density Test...contact CVS For Details

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Simply loving AFC, and my AFC family
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Update CVS: FREE Bone Density Test...contact CVS for details

Hi everyone. THE THIRD SECTION IS ABOUT ALL SCREENINGS & TESTS...(I know very long)

I am not sure if this is a National Promotion or not. I just wanted to release the basics of this information first. (Details later)

CVS is offering FREE Bone Mineral Density Tests (i.e. DEXA Scans)
for the month of May.

As part of Osteoporosis awareness month. This has been advertised in Florida.

Please visit, email or telephone CVS Customer Service for details. I am not sure if there is a qualification requirement or not.

Osteoporosis can effect women of all ages. 1 in 5 women have the disease and do not even know it.

AFCers care for so many people, that I want to make sure everyone is taking care of themselves as well.

UPDATE as of April 29, 2009

Per CVS HQ, and the CVS Minute Clinics here is an update.
Some CVS's have a Minute Clinic on-site. This is where the FREE Mineral Bone Density Tests will occur.
Contact your local CVS to see if a Minute Clinic is on-site. (And) if the Clinic will be performing the Test.
The Test is FREE. No appt. necessary. just walk in after verifying if your Minute Clinic is performing the Test.
CVS MC requested, and advised me that between 2 and 2:30 at my location, the staff is usually out to lunch.
Right now it starts May 5, 2008 in Florida.
The website for CVS Minute Clinics is as follows: MinuteClinic — Pioneer and Leader in Retail Health Care, (I believe the direct URL just popped up?)
The CVS Minute Clinic telephone number is (866)389-2727
Hope this informaton helps!

UPDATED Email per CVS today, 4-3-2008 READ on all types of screenings

Thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy. I am in receipt of your e-mail inquiring our Cares for You Health Screenings, bone density testing.

Our Cares for You screenings are held all over the country and different CVS/pharmacy store locations. Each month the type of screenings change so that one month we may have a bone density screening in certain areas of Florida, and the next month it may be a hearing screening. The bone density screenings will be held in Florida throughout the month of May. You may go to our website at www.cvs.com and on the right side of the screen under Pharmacy Counter there is a listing for the Cares for You Screenings. Click on that link and it will take you to a list of screenings by type and then by location. When you click on an area in Florida, it will further break it down to the surrounding areas. I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question. Best of luck with all of your free screenings.

Thank you again or taking the time to contact us to inquiry about our Cares For You program. We appreciate and look forward to your continued patronage.

Sincerely,

CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations

Last edited by twinkie23; 04-30-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Updated Information on all types of screenings per CVS Spacing..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twinkie23 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:37 PM

RE: CVS: FREE Bone Density Test...contact CVS for details

is saving as many $'s as possible; so she doesn't have to get a real job :)
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
scrapnladybug has posted more than 300 great deals!scrapnladybug has posted more than 300 great deals!scrapnladybug has posted more than 300 great deals!scrapnladybug has posted more than 300 great deals!
thanks, I will have to find out if this will be in my area
The Following User Says Thank You to scrapnladybug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM

May you believe in the Risen Christ as Saviour
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks - I have had several bone densities done and the results show that my bones are thinning. Not surprising since I have been tall, white, thin (most of my life), and drank lots of sodas. Well, now I am on Fosamax to build bone and calcium. I hate to take the stuff, but I do attribute the fact that I didn't atually break a bone when I fell last September. Also, I have fallen a couple times in the past 1 1/2 years in the house (silly me) and I believe that my bones have stayed unbroken beause I have been taking the meds. Get tested!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We love Him because He first loved us. I John 4:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyGodley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!twinkie23 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Please do.
The test is painless. You just lay there for about 20 minutes. If it helps out just one person. It will be worht it.

I am not a Physician, but I have been informed that consuming soda interfers with the absorbtion of vitamin D.

This is one of the least expensive tests. And a possible cost savings to you of $500 to $600.
(Always CVSing...Too bad we couldn't get ECB bonus )

I am trying to get more details from CVS.
Please let me know how it goes...or if you need assistance locating a medical facility.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Thank you Granny Godley!
See Granny and I just posted at the same time. Yes, the soda drinking is a challenge. Most young girls just drink diet soda. (And) limit their dairy intake. Yes, even young girls are delveloping this disease.

Granny, thank you for your advice.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Getting ready for March Madness 🏀
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've had this test done already also, no pain at all, but it is very helpful to all.....of course just like Granny I have the bone thinning also, put on Fosamax too,,,so please if you have the chance go for the test...
The Following User Says Thank You to Drea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2008, 05:16 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bachophobia has posted more than 25 good deals
I've not had the test but will look into it. Thanks. I saw a report last night that Fosamax may cause heart problems, so if you take it, be sure to look for the news. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bachophobia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2008, 09:53 AM

Blessed
Highly motivated

My Mood/Status:
angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
tks for the update.

Tags
bone, cvs, density, details, free, testcontact